“Good local coffee”

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Dayton, Ohio
“Good local coffee”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

What I liked: The quality of coffee. Price is pretty reasonable for what they serve, and because as a local, independent business. The establishment is quite clean. The baristas are somewhat quiet, yet friendly (but friendlier with more of the established, repeat customers, in which they seemed to know by name). The basic coffee was okay; but the flavored specialties (such as some Indian-spiced cappuccino?) is what sets them apart from other cafes.

What I didn't quite like: The assumption that you know what each type of coffee is & what it's characteristics is before ordering. It's almost intimating (and maybe that's why some other reviewer called it 'pretentious') with the over-simplified menu with just the list of names. Also, I'm more used to 'cozy-like' cafe atmospheres where there is more tables then solo, bar-stool set ups. This has a zen-like minimalism, feels airy yet empty. Not completely bad, just very different.

I didn't try the muffins and slices of bread available, but might the next time I swing by.

Visited August 2013

Moraine, Ohio
“Best coffee in Dayton!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Best coffee, hands down!! Service is a little slow, but worth the wait (and I do not say that lightly). They also have chai, tea, and nice muffins and cookies. mmmm....good!

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“Great Coffee!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I can't say enough about the coffee here. It is worth the wait to get your coffee done right. and the prices aren't bad either. Love the look and feel of this place - has a strong point of view. I liked the art that was available for sell, and the upstairs loft area.
The service is right down to business - not a lot of smiles - a lot of concentration and every time I went - which was everyday I was in Dayton - it was busy.
We did try to place an order for afternoon coffee but there is no phone listed. We ended up going and ordering 6 coffees at the shop. All meeting progress stopped until our coffees came back - but it was still worth it.

• Visited March 2013
Panama City, Florida
“Love the coffee, mildly irritated by the attitude”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Let me say: I love your coffee and your attention to brewing detail. Also, we will definitely stop by again to get coffee here. But please consider dropping the arrogance a notch or two. If you feel the need to hate Sbucks, North Face or republicans; more power to you, just tone it down or look around before waxing philosophically. Even saying that, yep we'll be back. Recommend the French Press into a real mug in the bar.

• Visited June 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“Good coffee served with a side of pretension.”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I enjoyed the coffee, but I found the barista to be a touch pretentious.

Visited May 2012