Pretty much your basic Motel 6. Older, and undergoing renovation, the rooms and exterior are very worn. Stairs to the second floor were in terrible condition, probably due to all the ice and snow they get in this region. Room 206 was classic Motel 6, clean but small and functional. The internet was very fast for hotel wireless, you have to get a free code at the desk to use it. For the money it was a bargain, I paid $35 for one person during a holiday weekend. I slept good and left early the next day. There are lots of restaurants in the area along with many other hotels.
There were two annoyances during my stay. I was up about 6am on Saturday and the garbage trucks were picking up the dumpster across the street at the much more expensive hotel and made enough noise to wake the dead. Anyone within ¼ of a mile could hear it. There was also a man spouting obscenities on the third floor of the Motel 6 who then walked down across the parking lot and down the street. I do not know if he was staying at the Motel 6 or not, so I can’t really blame the hotel, but he was scary. Most other guests at the hotel were nice and respectful. If you are just passing through and need a cheap place to stay, this Motel 6 will do. I wouldn’t recommend it for families. Tax was a moderate 13%.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn Dayton, conveniently located off of US-40. Dayton, Ohio is the birthplace of aviation and is known for its high concentration of aerospace and aviation technology. Our hotel is close to the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Air Force Institute-Technology, Air Force Museum Foundation, and National Museum of the United States Air Force. The University of Dayton, Wright State University, and Kettering College-Medical Arts are all nearby. The Schuster Performing Arts Center, Dayton Convention Center, and Dayton International Peace Museum are also close to our hotel. Dayton is also home to the Miami Valley Hospital which earns top national ranking and recognition. O'Charley's, Cracker Barrel, and Sake are a few of the restaurants located within walking distance of our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Dayton
- Motel 6 Dayton
- Motel Six Dayton
- Dayton Motel Six
- Dayton Motel 6
- Americas Best Value Inn Dayton, Ohio