“Basic Motel 6 with great price!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Pretty much your basic Motel 6. Older, and undergoing renovation, the rooms and exterior are very worn. Stairs to the second floor were in terrible condition, probably due to all the ice and snow they get in this region. Room 206 was classic Motel 6, clean but small and functional. The internet was very fast for hotel wireless, you have to get a free code at the desk to use it. For the money it was a bargain, I paid $35 for one person during a holiday weekend. I slept good and left early the next day. There are lots of restaurants in the area along with many other hotels.
There were two annoyances during my stay. I was up about 6am on Saturday and the garbage trucks were picking up the dumpster across the street at the much more expensive hotel and made enough noise to wake the dead. Anyone within ¼ of a mile could hear it. There was also a man spouting obscenities on the third floor of the Motel 6 who then walked down across the parking lot and down the street. I do not know if he was staying at the Motel 6 or not, so I can’t really blame the hotel, but he was scary. Most other guests at the hotel were nice and respectful. If you are just passing through and need a cheap place to stay, this Motel 6 will do. I wouldn’t recommend it for families. Tax was a moderate 13%.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Tina W, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

thank you for your comment. We did go through a renovation and now we are a Americas Best
Value Inn. I hope you come back and stay with us in the future. I think you will like the new name and the new look.

Reviewed October 13, 2009

I traveled through the country from Ca to NY and had to stop for the night. This place located in a great plaza with other different hotels and places to eat, as well as grocery store. They had a special rate of 29.99 which worked great!!!
It was nice and quiet stay. Rooms are very basic, but everything you need for a one night stay. They had ice and vending machines and laundry machines. These place do not offer free breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank nashka81
Tina W, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us and your opinion does matter to us . I would like to update you on what we are doing at this location. We are in the process of a complete up grade on our rooms new carpet and furniture. I hope in the future you come back and see what we have done and enjoy your stay. Again Thank You Tina White

Reviewed October 9, 2009

simple clean affordable and close to major highways and shopping. under 35 dollars a night a good bed and coffee and newspaper.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2009

Basically my friend and I just needed a place to hang out for a few hours and this fit the bill perfectly. The room was small and stuffy at first but the a/c worked fairly quickly. Our room was on the second floor facing away from the highway and there was no outside noise that I heard. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were flat and that wasn't too comfortable but since I wasn't staying all night I didn't care much about that.

I was amused by the shower, most places have bathtubs with shower curtains but this was just some weird, circular shower stall that I'd never seen before. The card on the TV listed a bunch of channels but they didn't coordinate with what was actually showing and most of the channels were just static but again, it was a few hours and I wasn't there to watch TV.

In the parking lot after dark, there were some weird people hanging around. I didn't know if they were hotel guests or just usual Vandalia ne'er do wells, but I didn't feel afraid going to my car. However, I would make sure you LOCK your car at this place, or any of the hotels on Miller Lane.

There are literally about fifteen places to eat within a five minute drive, and most of them within a five or ten minute walk. The Asian Buffet across the street and down a little is excellent, it's not been open very long and has a lot to offer.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Laborcat
Reviewed July 15, 2008

This Motel 6 is clean and easy to find, plus as another post said there are lots of restaurants and a Wal-Mart nearby. I was a little hesitant about some of the people hanging around but I did see employees walking around and keeping an eye on things, plus they verified that the pool was closed at the appointed time so those of us with rooms nearby weren't kept up all night.

The corner shower appeared to be new and nice, but it was very small - I'm not a big person, but I felt cramped and bumped my elbows a couple of times.

Overall not a bad budget choice.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed May 8, 2008

Average Motel 6. The parking lot was able to handle our 24 foot trailer which was good, but then again it was a slow night for them. The property was aged, but still meets what I consider the average Motel 6. There are just a ton of businesses nearby including around 10 places to eat and a Walmart. It was along the freeway so make sure you get a room on the non-freeway side of the building.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed January 4, 2008

I stayed at this sorry excuse for a Motel in July during the summer, What a bummer there isn't a tub, the towels are small, and worst of all the walls are paper thin. I heard the people baby crying incessantly needlessly at 5'30 am. I guess I got what I paid for nothing.... My advise is try somewhere else, it has a very bad location directly on a busy street but you can get a room in back off the busy street near the highway without a view.. Good luck..

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo