“Wonderful food & Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carvers Steak & Chops

Carvers Steak & Chops
Ranked #34 of 743 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cincinnati Ohio
“Wonderful food & Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've eaten here once before and expected great food and service just like last time. I wasn't disappointed. The service was excellent; the food was great and the experience was wonderful. I'd highly recommend this for a casual dinner; business meeting or a good night out on the town. They always have some sort of chef special but I only go for the Steak which was perfect!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank tennisbuff1000

Springboro, Ohio
“The value proposition doesn't work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The service was slow and the wine overpriced for its quality (even assuming the normal mark up for restaurants). Waitress was clearly not familiar with the wine even though presenting herself as though she was.

Steak tasted like an average Kroger steak. Very disappointing. Ambiance was great. We won't be back to Carvers.

• Visited May 2013
South Lyon, Michigan
“Should Have Been Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Carvers. My wife's meal was very good. Mine was a "special" and I thought the presentation was weak and the actual meal was mediocre. I have been to this Carvers before and the New York Strip was great. On this trip I was just disappointed. The server said "I'm really a salesman" and I get that, but I bought the special he was selling and it was not great. It was almost as though it wasn't an "endorsed" special, but something concocted. I'm a pretty foregiving customer, but just walked away feeling I had been taken advantage of. While not a high end meal by my standards, not a good value.

1 Thank gblack7205
Eaton, Ohio
“Excellent meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friend and I went to Carvers after all of the other closer steakhouses had a wait. We had great service and a great meal. This was a little overpriced and a little too fancy, so we probably wont go back.

1 Thank cheryl1270
Centerville, Ohio
1,610 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,751 helpful votes
“The New York strip is excellent (as always.)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Carver’s Steaks and Chops remain a favorite. The past several days have been in the seventies, and a today it is the forties. Carver’s Steaks and Chops is an upscale restaurant, and is suited for an affluent clientele.

We dine at Carver’s Steaks and Chops monthly, and have never been disappointed. We do enjoy the $20.00 early bird special, and so does most of the clientele. By 5:45, Carver’s Steaks and Chops is nearly full on a Friday evening.

This is a boomer and retired set of folks. Honestly, we are impressed with the many coats and ties, and how nice the ladies look. The conversation level is low, and the New York strip and prime ribs dominate the selection.

A pinot noir is a great choice. We both enjoy a large spinach salad, New York strip, and the crème brulee. The New York strip is excellent (as always.)

The hostess is welcoming, and our young server has experience beyond his age

The fare is appropriate for the tariff.

10 Thank SavantIII_11