“You get What you Pay for...”

Extended Stay America - Dayton - North
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The first shocker was arriving at the hotel, desperate to go to the bathroom and discovering that there were no bathrooms in the lobby area and that I had to endure an unnecessarily long check-in process before I could go to the bathroom.

The air conditioner in the room was turned up so high that the room felt like a freezer, and literally had to be heated to make it barely comfortable.

The most egregious problem was the fact that the "non smoking" room I had reserved, stank of smoke, and according to the receptionist, representative of all their "non smoking " rooms because "people sneaked cigarettes into 'non smoking' rooms."

I wished I had spent double the amount of money and gone to a better hotel. I will not be staying at this hotel again. And I would not recommend it. I doubt very much that I could be persuaded to try any hotel in the chain, anywhere in the US.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that my front desk agent was slow with the check in process and her handling of the smoking issue you experienced. To resolve this I will make sure that she is better trained with providing the guest service that we all expect.

I would also like to apologize for the temperature of the room when you arrived. I am going to revisit some of the our brand standards with my staff to ensure that these issues do not happen again in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss this further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at rdawson@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Dayton - North

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Here for 11 nights, it served our purpose just fine. We would stay here again when in the area to visit family. It is close to a lot of nice restaurants, Wal-Mart & Sam's Club and gas stations.Easy on I-&% & I 70

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Check in was easy, Asked for a bed away from the Highway (Learned to ask that through Tripadvisor hints) Sorry your room ground floor facing the highway. Asked to be moved that pretty much fell on Deaf ears. After looking into her reserve computer 1 second later she said Sorry all booked. [--]! She did not want to go the extra mile to accommodate. Room is fine, Shower has no pressure. The Grab and go breakfast was minimal at best. Rates were a deal but you get what you pay for or not?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hotel is just average, no real amenities, in fact the "Grab-N-Go" only had coffee - not at all as described - I left hungry. Free WiFi as long as you don't want to download data. Bed was firm but comfortable - slight odor in the room, but I must have gotten used to it quickly, because it didn't bother me after a few minutes.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed for three nights and found the staff great! But I probably wouldn't go back, the decor is very dated...broken nightstand, counter chipped and the linens were clean but old. If you go take toiletries, hair dryer and definitely ask for a room in the front. We had a back room right on the express way, so that's all we heard all night, along with the compressor from the refrigerator and heater..

Room Tip: Front of the hotel is a must!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that my staff took great care of you; your review made my day and I appreciate that. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

10 minute drive from airport. Personnel very helpful and pleasant. Very good value for the price. Clean enough. Nicely stocked kitchen for extended stay however we were only there for a short overnight trip before going further. My only surprise was that there were no toiletries ie: shampoo, etc. which is fine if you are staying longer. I suspect you would have your own but for us overnighters trying to pack light it wasn't very convenient.
Would stay again even for few days.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like your's it always gives me great pleasure. My staff and I strive to make every guest's stay completely enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

It was a great location near many restaurants and major highway. The room was clean and welcoming. I would stay here again if it in this area. The room was clean and it was hot when i first walked in the room, and the room that i had also has window to look out of to see the city. It was liked fresh air was nice. I would tell my family and friends about this hotel.

Room Tip: center of the hotel was quiter
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful things about experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of all of our guests and Im glad we hit the mark with you. As always let us know next time your in town so we can repeat your experience.