WINNER WONDERLAND

“Not as bad as previous ratings due to upgrades.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Dayton - North

Extended Stay America - Dayton - North
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Dayton
“Not as bad as previous ratings due to upgrades.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This place isn't so bad now. Fresh paint, carpet, beds, flat screens, etc. Upgrades seem to be pretty recent. My room was fairly clean, but had mold on one of the ice cube trays and some in the cracks of the fridge seals. No loud noises or partying going on while I stayed, but I did not stay over the weekend. Most of the clientele seemed to be in the construction business, so I can see why, in the past, there were complaints about dirty carpets. Non-issue now. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. Walmart is rigt across the street. Overall, if I had to rate this hotel along with comparable places I've stayed at over the years, I would give it a 4 out of 5. Keep in mind that I said comparable places. Don't show up here and pay $50 per night and expect the Hyatt. My compliments to Sarah. Out of all the front desk I had the chance to meet, she is the one who seemed to have all the necessary skills to manage an office staff. I recommend a leadership position for her.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I'm thrilled that Sarah was was able to help you out! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dayton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

great rooms, good size, kitchen was nice. great location for all that Dayton has to offer. resturant row is right here next to hotel. great places to dine. easy on and off highway. i had no problems with my stay. not a bad deal.

Room Tip: rooms next to highway kinda nosier. my pick is higher room number farther away from highway
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the nice review. I am sp happy that you enjoyed the kitchen and larger room. I look forward to having you stay with us again in the furture.
Dayton, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We are building a house and needed a place to stay until it was done. I had called a week before we needed a King room. I got a great deal calling through the reservation line. However, the staff at the main desk had no idea what "Extended Plus" program even was (but whatever). They guaranteed my family would have a King size bed, sitting room, stocked kitchen and allow pets. The day before I checked in, I called the hotel to confirm our reservation. The staff at the desk, said "yes - you will be on the second floor, non-smoking, King room." Twenty-four hours later, my family and I gathered our belongings and trucked to the hotel. The woman at the desk said we were on the third floor. I started to get suspicious of what was going on. We walked up to the third floor and we entered a 2 double bed room that smelled like someone had been smoking in there all week!

I called the front desk and complained. She said Extended Stay could guarantee a reservation but not a specific room. "I just called yesterday and they said I was all set!" They knew my situation. The beds were like concrete, the room reaked and the windows were broken. After some choice words, I demanded my money back.

Very unprofessional! Unclean! Stinks!

Bottom line - DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! We are now homeless staying with my mom for 4 months. I am calling the Corporate office today!!!!!!

Room Tip: Hold your nose! Don't expect to get what you reserve on the phone!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Heather - We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback to us about your stay at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced. Since the staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and a comfortable stay for all of our guests, I am saddened to read that we were uable to do this for you. In response to your remarks, I have met with the staff and reviewed our non-smoking policies as well as cleaning procedures and standards for professionalism.

I am very sorry again. We would love to have you stay with us again to show you our redoubled efforts or at any of our other brand locations. Please contact us directly for reservations.
Abbottstown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here over a holiday weekend. Our bathroom had hair all over the toilet and towels. There was dried urine covering the front of the toilet seat. The carpets were stained from the moment you stepped off the elevator. Since it is extended stay we did not receive enough clean towels for the whole room. The beds were horrible with two tiny pillows on each. When I flipped the comforter back there was a "pill bug" crawling across it.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, September 4, 2012

Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

No extras like other extended stay motels such as pool, continental breakfast. Housekeeping is very poor at this place. I stayed here for 4 months and was not very happy. They finally put flat screen tv's in the rooms. The carpets in the hallways are very stained. They look like what you would see in a old run down motel in the boonies. There was only 1 person at the front desk that was friendly and helpful. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Benton Harbor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I just stayed over the past weekend for a graduation, no restroom in the lobby only in your room, they had no extra towels available, the new manager didn't order enough towel for the weekend, they had to borrow from other hotels, the air condition wasn't blowing enough air. I seen better hotels for the price of the room we paid for. The location was a good spot near many others restaurants that is walking distance but as for staying again NO NEVER again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
ChristopherTM, Owner at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Dayton - North.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

In response to your comments about the air conditioning unit, we have inspected all in-room air conditioners and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future.  I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.  Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page).  I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

This place is great. Love the service, the people, the place! I would definitely come back to Stay.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Dayton - North. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.