“Clean and Well-run”

Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were traveling through Dayton on our way to Festus, MO. We had stayed 9 nights in other motels on our travels this time. This Comfort Inn & Suites was the cleanest room and motel we had stayed in on this journey. The staff were polite and professional and it was absolutely a joy to stay for the one night. The continental breakfast was very good and the staff was there to take care of the needs of the people having a bite. I would stay there again. We looked at the pool and it was very clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary J
Lawrence B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Deart Mary J,

Thank you for taking the time to visit Trip Advisor by writing about your recent stay at our hotel.

Lawrence Barr
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was nice and had many selections. The location was ideal for the people wanting to tour the National Air Force Museum across the street. No hot tub and pool was rather small.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This property is a bit thread-bare, but clean, well staffed and reasonably priced. They need new carpeting (especially in the elevator) and I'm disappointed that there are no refridgerators or microwaves in the rooms I've sampled, but solid value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our family stayed here Monday, 8/6/2012. The woman checking us in was very helpful in directing us to the best pizza place in town (Marian Pizza - we highly recommend!), as well as searching her data-base for our discount code that I had left at home. The room had the most comfortable pillows I have ever slept on and even though the McDonald's was right outside, I heard no traffic noise. The breakfast buffet was well-stocked in the morning and the egg and sausages now offered are great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank momincl
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We checked in and were greeted with a musty, damp smell. The a.c. was on max and the room was freezing, so my wife turned on the heat and that set off the fire alarm. The next morning someone burn toast in the kitchen which set off the fire alarm at 6:45am. Then the maintence guy installed the bowed shower curtain 12 inches inside the tub, so close that you could not keep it off you. My free point room was not worth the headache.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Main in Dayton, OH on 7/27/12. The room was a Double, Non-smoking room, but had such a bad CIGARETTE SMOKE odor. Had we not been exhausted from our day's drive, we'd have checked out and gotten our money refunded. The smoke smell was very strong when we checked in, but a can of Febreze helped kill the odor for a little while (went to sleep, the room smelled like a fresh can, but when we woke up, the smell was back with a vengance). At checkout, I was basically told "sorry, there's nothing we can do about it".

After departing from this Comfort Inn, we were doubting if we wanted to stay at the next hotel (another Comfort Inn) that we had reservations at for the next 7 days. We checked that room before agreeing to stay the rest of the week.

We travel to Ohio on occassion, but never again will we stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, I wouldn't select any room at this location.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HEdwardO
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had booked and paid for a room at the Fairfield Inn across the street. I arrived early and was told I had to wait. (Through a series of emergencies and changed plans, I had failed to book a early arrival.) The clerk there was brusque and uncaring when I told her I had traveled 700 miles to my 40th class reunion and was going to miss it., I ran across the street to the Comfort Inn, which was also heavily booked and in the process of being cleaned. When told the desk clerk was told the exact same circumstances, she went from room to room with me to FIND me a room. She was WONDERFUL!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends