“good and not so good”

Courtyard Dayton North
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This courtyard is located in an area with many other hotels and restaurants. As such I was expecting it to be a little better. There was nothing specifically wrong, the lobby is nice and we were greeted pleasantly. The room was a little run down but not bad, a pretty typical layout with the bathroom just inside the door. I didn't like the placement of the TV being perpendicular to the bed made it inconvenient to watch from bed. The couch was well worn and not very comfortable. The biggest issue for me was the AC cycling every 2-3 minutes all night and it is loud even on the lowest setting. If there were an option to set the fan to on so you didn't have the on off, on off all night I would have slept much better. Breakfast was good. Freshly prepared and served to the table, that is a nice way to start the day.

I have been to this area several times over the last year. I normally stay at the residence inn next door but they didn't have availability. The courtyard was the same price and had a better breakfast but the residence has much nicer rooms and I sleep much better there.

I can’t say I wouldn't stay here again but I think if the residence is not available next time I will try one of the other 6-8 hotels in this specific area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Smith D, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

We appreciate your comments as we do rely on them to make improvements where needed. Thanks! We hope to see you again soon and in the meantime we wish you continued safe travels.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Dayton North

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We always loved staying at the Marriot Courtyard in Dayton Ohio, that is until now' We paid such a over the top rate over $300 for 2 nights I think they have let this Hotel go down, Most hotel offer FREE breakfast You would think that much money there would be breakfast Oh!NO! there wasn't any at all, and the room smell of smoke. I think I will be staying with the Hilton from now or Hampton. I do know the rooms are GREAT!! and clean and there is breakfast, I am so DISAPPOINTED this use to be my favorite Hotel..sooo Disappointed

Room Tip: I am so Disappointed I can't tell
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Smith D, Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

I am sorry that you were disappointed in your stay. All of our rooms are non smoking but sometimes guests do not follow the rules. Your review does not indicate if you notified us of the problem. We do everything within our power to resolve guests' issues, once notified, such as, if possible, moving guests' to another room. If no other rooms would be available we will have a staff member come to the room and try and resolve the issues with some of the fresheners we have. Our rates, of course, are based on availability and with limited availability you may see a higher rate. Also, for future information, Courtyards do not offer a complimentary breakfast. You can usually choose to opt for a "breakfast included" rate that will save you money. We do thank you for staying with us and we wish you continued safe travels.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed here before an early flight and it worked out OK.

The location is very close to the airport. It is right off the highway and there are a dozen or so chain restaurants within walking distance as well as a Walmart, Sam's, and other retail giants. A very utilitarian location- not necessarily interesting or fun.

The lobby is awesome- it looks like it was just redone and is on par with the nicest of Courtyards across the country. This applies to the fitness center as well. No complaints- everything worked well.

The rooms however, are another story. They are very outdated. Honestly, they felt like an older Fairfield. The noise level was pretty intense too. I usually combat this very easily with the bathroom fan, but that sounded absolutely awful (it must be broken- room 409). The cleanliness of the room wasn't perfect either.

The staff was excellent. I interacted with two people at the front desk and someone on the cleaning crew and all three were awesome.

In any event, it was a decent stay for the price, but is very below average for the Courtyard brand.

Room Tip: I'd try to be as far on the West side of the hotel as possible- that is the side away from Inter...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Smith D, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you for responding to Trip Advisor on your stay at the hotel in Dayton. It is our hope that there will be room upgrade in the near future. We are waiting from ownership to release funds. I am glad that you were pleased with the staff as we can control that at the property level. We hope that whn you travel to Dayton you will stay with us again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Solid choice for a stay in Dayton, Ohio. Nothing fancy, but what do you expect. Clean room and bathroom. Good parking. Easy to find off I-70. Nice staff. Decent little pool and breakfast area. Saved us our room even though we arrived after 2 AM on a night when every room in town was sold out!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future! Safe travels!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Nice place. Good rooms. Excellent location. However the coffee machine did not work. Also, no complimentary breakfast which was disappointing. Very close to the interstate and lots of restaurants aorund/

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for staying at the Courtyard Dayton North. We hope to see you again soon! In the meantime safe travels.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I travel a lot and sometimes choose to stay in a hotel as a getaway with my family. This hotel has great service from the check in to breakfast in the morning. My kids loved ordering from the menu as most hotels we stay at have a plain jane buffet and i LOVED the Star Bucks coffee! Our room had 2 queen beds and plenty of room to walk around. Impressive since the hotel is a little older.

The reviews don't say enough about the hotel. It isn't brand new but a clean room with great service is what is important not a new hotel room. The reviews don't do this hotel justice!

I will definitely return...soon if my kids have anything to say.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Smith D, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Dayton North. We do hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I spent a night here for business. Let me begin with the positives - the staff was extremely nice- I am used to nice at most Marriott -this far exceeded that. I guess that small town mid west. They went out of their way to insure I was comfortable and enjoying my stay. Breakfast was made quickly in the morning and I was able to get out for the day. The location seemed good though I did not get out to explore much but it was among shopping center and restaurants (though most of them were chains).

In terms of things to improve upon, the rooms could definitely use some updating, from carpets, to bathrooms, though clean, they have not gone through some of the renovations many Courtyards have gone through. If you are staying in Dayton, this is probably a good choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Smith D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels