WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Dayton
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ya gotta pay for breakfast just like a restaurant, but the facility was very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank frankz60440
Heather M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your review and your business! We hope that you will stay with us again soon and always appeciate feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

The lobby was nicely decorated and clean. Actually, the hotel itself was very clean and inviting. The hotel was decorated in a contemporary style and looked like it was recently updated. The fitness center was wonderful, each treadmill had its own television built in and there were towels and fresh water in the fitness facility. We did not use the indoor pool but it looked nice. The room smelled nice, the bedding was clean and comfortable and there was Paul Mitchell Shampoo and Conditioner. For an additional $10 we purchased breakfast for our family of 4...what a great deal! For $10 our family of 4 had the breakfast buffet consisting of scrambled eggs, sausage patties, potatoes, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt and juices. I would gladly return in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank erpica
Heather M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your favorable review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back in the future.
Findlay, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Got this thru priceline booking. Rooms were clean. Linen was clean. Bed was comfortable. Room had good work area. There is a coffee maker in the room but no free coffee in the lobby. Internet is freee. Breakfast is available for purchase. Location is convenient to airport, shopping and restaurants

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank natrat
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us when returning to the area.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night before An early flight. Room looked brand new. Very large with lots of light and plugs. Beds were too soft towels were scrawny. In room coffee really good. Shower was ok. Had a couch desk and chair with our king bed

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for our favorable review. We appreciate your business and hope that you will think of our property while visiting the area the next time.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very rude service from the front desk. Be prepared to shell out money for everthing including a cup of coffee. Not a good stay and unfriendly front desk staff. Did not even speak to customers coming in or out of hotel. With stays in over forty states and over one hundred sixty nights a years, this hotel is one of the worst with service.

Room Tip: Service was rude from the front desk. Everything was a pay to get. Even a cup of coffee. Will not st...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank WorldTraveler2492
I apologize for the terrible service you received from our front desk. We pride ourselves on exceeding customer expectation and certainly take this very seriously. If you would like to call the hotel at 937-890-6112 and either speak with our General Manager, David Smith, or myself, we would like to discuss the issue. Once again, our apologies.
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

My first stay at this place on a 18 day business trip. My first trip to Ohio. Based on reading the reviews here, it was not my first choice to stay, but the higher rated hotels in this area were not available for the entire length of my trip. This place felt more like a motel than a hotel. I can only conclude they do not get a lot of extended stay guests. I think a lot of the folks here doing reviews were on very short trips. This was my experience:
My "Do Not Disturb" sign was missing when I checked in. I had to go ask for one.
The day following my first night, I had to alert the Front Desk that Housekeeping did not replace my coffee and did not wash my coffee cup. Call me paranoid but I went bought me my own a cup.
No free continental breakfast like at the higher rated Hampton Inn (next door) and Drury Inn (down the street).
No fridge in the room. I asked about this at Front Desk and they told me they could "bring one up" (which they did). Why not offer it to me at check-in, bearing in mind that I booked an extended stay?
I hated the bed. Too soft for my liking and made for uncomfortable sleeping.

I could overlook all of the above but what prompted me to write this review was their billing practice.

Apparently, once your charges hit $500, your credit card account is billed. I was not told about this at check in (nor is it disclosed on their website). I found out after seeing a hold on my credit card for an amount significantly higher than $500. I asked about it and was told that it "automatically happens" once charges hit $500. I asked why wasn't I told and received an answer that did not make sense. I have never experienced this practice in all my years of business travel at any hotel locally or abroad. End result was my credit card was hit up for several $500 charges, while simultaneously showing significantly higher credit holds per charge against my credit limit during my stay. At one point, the authorizations/holds plus actual charges combined, ate into my credit limit for an amount that significantly exceeded Marriott's quote for the entire trip.

No one could explain why each authorizations/hold against my account were significantly higher than the actual $500 charges. The Manager was no help. Though I found this practice it strange, it would not have bothered me so much had I been told about it at check in.

In the last couple days of my stay I saw food droppings on the stairs. This tells me that they do not clean these public areas frequently. I will certainly not be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Goody G
Heather M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I am sorry for all of your issues while staying with us. We are primarily a transient hotel and as such, have microwaves and refrigerators available to be put in the room upon request. We have retrained our front desk staff to offer this amenity upon check-in for those staying 5+ nights. We have also spoken with our housekeeping staff and assure you that what you experienced is a rare occurence.

We do apologize that you were not told about the billing procedure upon check-in. It is true that we are required to bill every $500. The overage that you experienced was the authorization hold prior to the amount being charged. You were not actually charged the overage and it came back off of the card in each instance.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have had. We take pride in our service and when we under deliver it is taken very seriously. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that you would consider giving us another try.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were visiting relatives in Dayton over the Labor Day weekend. We chose this hotel because of it's outdoor courtyard and location. Very clean, up to date place. The staff was so friendly and helpful, the lobby was so nice and spacious, it had places to relax and sit with a tv and comfortable chairs and sofas, also had computer desk with computers and a printer.

They offered free coffee from I think 6am to 10am my mother really liked the favored creams they offered for the coffee, they also provided coffee in the room.

They have a resturant in the lobby (it was a little pricey, so we ate at The Cracker Barrell which is located right next door, there are a lot of resturants and stores around this hotel) close to the airport and the airforce museum.

Beds were so comfortable, nice desk with all writing supplies, bathroom really nice and well stocked.

We will return to this hotel. The rates were reasonable and fair. Thanks to all the staff and employees for making a stay a very pleasant one.

Room Tip: Just tell the reservation desk what you need and they will accomadate you, very nice people, they go...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate all of your kind words and helpful feedback. Looking forward to having you stay with us again!