“Nice stay”

Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Monticello, Indiana
“Nice stay”
Reviewed March 25, 2008

I stayed at the Courtyard with my wife and two small children for one night, on a visit to WPAFB. The hotel was very clean, the kids enjoyed the pool and I enjoyed the whirlpool. Both were clean and well kept. The workout room looked great and the equipment was very very nice. The room was nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable. They did not provide a free continental breakfast which was a disappointment, but if you wanted to fork out $7.50 you could have a hot breakfast in their break area. I prefer a bowl of cereal, so I chose to pass on this. We paid $99 for a two queen bed room. This was a decent price for such a clean place. We would recommend this hotel to travelers.

• Liked — Cleanlinest
  • Disliked — No free breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank brya31

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Arizona
Reviewed October 30, 2007

I enjoyed this hotel for all the regular, expected amenities of on the road convenience: location, ease of check-in, cleanliness and good bed.

Stayed October 2007
Denver CO
Reviewed May 30, 2007

Based on the reviews on this website, I chose the Courtyard Dayton North. I travel to Dayton frequently for business and this is the first good hotel experience I have had there. I was delayed by a storm and did not arrive until 2:30 AM - even at that late hour, I was greeted with a friendly hello. I was able to check in very quickly and go straight to bed. The room was immaculately clean and faced a quiet parking lot. The wakeup call was courteous and punctual. Full hot breakfasts are served on site, but there are multiple restaurants nearby. Free, FAST internet connection, with no complicated logins. Great indoor pool area. Housekeeping did a great job during my stay, and did not wake me up early after my late arrival. After a two night stay, I had to check out at 4 AM for a very early flight out - again, night staff was friendly and courteous and check out took less than 5 minutes. I will be staying here on all future trips and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Cleanliness, level of service, amenities, convenient location,
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank TradedHorns
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2007

We are a group of travellers from Ontario, Canada, in Dayton attending the Winter Guard International competition at the University of Dayton arena. Age range is from 24-59.

We originally booked at the Econolodge on Edwin Moses Blvd – but after one night in what can only be described as the 7th circle of HELL, we decided to jump ship and fall on the mercy of any nearby (clean) hotel that would take us in.

After visiting a second hotel, which was only marginally better; we actually considered sleeping in our vehicle. On a whim, we called the Courtyard, and reached Gigi, soon to be come our saviour!! We drove to Miller with a feeling that things couldn’t possibly get any worse…

Once there we were welcomed with open arms by Gigi - who was incredible. We were given a standard double queen room, and a group hug from Gigi!!! We were checked in quickly, and with great professionalism, and were so glad to have made the call.

Housekeeping deserves 5 stars, as they were very through, efficient and friendly. Queen pillow top beds were outfitted with sparkling white duvets – and wonderful pillows! It was like sleeping on a cloud. (a far cry from the previous night, where we all slept in our clothes, and woke in fear at every little noise!)

Every member of the staff that we encountered seemed to go the extra mile to make our stay enjoyable. I also noted several interactions among the staff, and they treated each other with respect, and courtesy - it genuinely seemed to enjoy their jobs, and each other….not something you see everyday.

Location of this hotel was ideal for us, easy access to I-75 – with tons of options for dining and even a little shopping.

We will be booking this hotel for our trip next year. Many thanks to Gigi and staff for a job well done, and a lovely stay.

• Liked — Staff - cleanliness - location
  • Disliked — That we didn't stay here in the first place!!!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends