“Not all its made out to be”

Aullwood Audubon Center & Farm
Ranked #21 of 61 things to do in Dayton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Aullwood inspires, teaches, and involves! Aullwood is an environmental education center in western Ohio. As an Audubon Center of the National Audubon Society, our goal is to promote the protection of birds, other wildlife and the habitats on which they depend. Aullwood offers both children and adults the opportunity to experience and appreciate the world through experience-based education. Discover our woods, streams, ponds, prairies, meadows, Marie S. Aull Education Center, Charity A. Krueger Farm Discovery Center and working sustainable farm.
DeWitt, Michigan
192 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Not all its made out to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was expecting much more from all the advertisements. I farm did not have the organic food as promised in the brochures, the gardens were okay at best. I chose to arrive at the farm and hike the many trails to the Audubon Center, the trail was overgrown and spiderwebs everywhere. The staff was very friendly, I go hiking often when my husband and I travel, this one I would place at the bottom of my list, I will not return, Ohio has awesome park systems and hiking biking areas. I will go elsewhere

Visited June 2013
5 Thank SharieN_13

Dayton, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Aullwood Audubon Center is dedicated to providing you with an exceptional outdoor nature experience. Their twilight educational hikes are an experience to behold. This is one of the best educational nature centers you will find anywhere

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Tom P
Dayton, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fabulous place for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Aullwood is a wonderful way to reacquaint yourself with nature. Take a walk in the woods, visit the working farm, see the animals... They have some wonderful festivals (Farm Babies, Applefest, Butterfly Counts, Enchanted Forest at Halloween). There are also opportunities for people to volunteer.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dalyman
Cruz Bay, St. John
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Aullwood is a great place to take your children or grandchildren.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Last year we attended the pancake breakfast with our 4 grandchildren!
We then went to the farm for a tour, visited the animals and found the childrens "buckets" that had their names on them ...... to collect sap to make maple syrup.
We also purchase maple syrup that was made at the farm!
If you have never had an Aullwood Fresh Turkey for Thanksgiviing you are missing a treat!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank VillaHKM
Centerville Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Love this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place is so lovely! We love going there and walking around. We take our Shih tzu's sometimes. Cant wait for the warm weather to come to enjoy this place.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank ashleynabbee07

Been to Aullwood Audubon Center & Farm? Share your experiences!