There was no wait to check-in and we did so without a hitch. Shortly after getting into our room, we received a courtesy call from the front desk checking in with us to make sure everything was fine and wondering if there was anything else we needed.
Our familial group of transient guests stayed Thursday and Friday nights for an affordable rate which amounted to a $52 discount over the standard rate for our 2 night stay. Here, we paid lodging taxes of 3% to the City of Dayton, 3% to Butler Township, and a roughly 7.26% Ohio state occupancy tax totaling 13 plus % in taxes.
There was nowhere to park out front to make our check-in process easier. So, we had a bit of a journey walk from the far side parking lot of the hotel grounds to the lobby and up to our room. This was on the coldest night of the year so far to that point so we weren't too happy about that non-welcoming property "feature". Yes, there was at least one temporary parking space for arriving guests out front. However, it was taken by a woman in a white SUV just sitting in her vehicle. She left when we were finally done hauling all of our luggage inside. Of course! So, maybe a few more spots would be nice. Whoever designed the property and the parking lot didn't have guest satisfaction in mind. No matter when we arrived back at the property, there were other guest's vehicles parked along the small amount of spaces next to a door. I guess they all had such a great time that they never left. So, we had to park down at the far side parking lot and walk each time which was inconvenient.
If you're planning on going to downtown Dayton, it's about a 15 minute trip without any traffic problems. On the plus side for location, there's many different restaurant/shopping options to choose from in the immediate area surrounding the property.
The 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofabed room we stayed in seemed a tad small as compared to other similar Marriott suites we've stayed in. There was a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, plates, glasses, utensils, etc. However, there was no oven, only a two plate stove top. Nope, no baking will be done here. The room also had a small dining table and a small coffee table by the sofa. The king sized bed seemed a little small than we're usually accustomed to, but it was definitely not a queen. It was not the most comfortable bed in the world, but serviceable. The hotel was built in 2009 so we expected and did find everything to be clean and like new.
The morning of check-out we decided to take advantage of the complimentary hot breakfast buffet provided with our stay. I gathered some scrambled eggs, potatoes, and some sausage onto a plate and brought it back to our room to eat in private. The food was awful with the potatoes being grossly undercooked and the eggs tasted disgusting. The sausage was good though at least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Residence Inn Dayton North! Conveniently located at the crossroads of America near I-70/I-75, you will discover Dayton and so much more. Our extended stay accommodations feature fully equipped kitchens, large work area and separate living and sleeping areas. A diverse economic base, distinct cultural attractions, expansive recreational space and excellent city services showcase Dayton's creative side. Our close proximity to the Dayton Airport and Wright Patterson Air Force Base allow you to stay close to many major companies. Before heading out into our exciting city, enjoy our complimentary Home Touch hot breakfast buffet and leave a grocery list at the front desk. Join us for The Mix Monday - Wednesday in the Gatehouse for complimentary snacks and drinks or purchase your favorites at our 24-hour Market. After a productive day, you can enjoy our indoor heated pool, hot tub, or 24 hour fitness center. The Dayton North Residence Inn by Marriott is dedicated to exceeding your expectations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Residence Inn Dayton North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Residence Inn Dayton North Ohio