“A Must Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Okinawa, Japan
“A Must Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was the third of four legs for us on this trip. It was the first time my wife and I stayed at a Residence Inn. I'll get to all the standard expected comments, but first I want to talk about the on-site guest laundry facility. The first surprise was the number of washers and dryers available (6 washers and 8 dryers). Usually a hotel has one of each and calls it a laundry facility. The next surprise was the price; $1 for a washer and $1.50 for a dryer. Finally and most surprising was the fact that we didn't need to add more quarters to the dryer to get our clothes dry. This was a first for us! All of this talk about the laundry facility may seem minor, but it's conmforting to know you will not spend hours and lots of money getting your laundry done. We had a 1BR corner room with fireplace. Though we didn't use the fireplace, it was a nice addition to an already outstanding room. It felt like a home, not an apartment. Having extra space was important to us since most hotels forget about how much room is taken up by the luggage. This was not an issue. The layout of the room and bathroom was great! Having a full kitchen with life size (not mini) refrigerator and range was a bonus! The room and entire facility was very clean and comfortable. We didn't eat breakfast so I cannot comment on that. This extended stay hotel is in a higher class than the TownePlace Suites, but worth the extra cost. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Remember this is an extended stay hotel, not a full service hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The one bedroom fireplace suites are my favorite! There is definately room to spread out. We look fowared to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Travis Weller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I can't say enough about our stay at this hotel. We stayed 5 nights with a group of 32 and have never been treated so well. The keys to the rooms were ready when we arrived with the group and the staff from the time we checked in, to the time we left were truly amazing. The cleaning staff, the kitchen staff, the front desk staff, all them were great. This hotel offered more than we asked for and I would recommend you stay their your next visit to Dayton, Ohio.

Room Tip: Great 2 bedroom suites for families. Lots of room and great cooking facilities.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I am glad to hear the you enjoyed you stay. I agree that the two bedroom suties are the best when you are traveling with family or a large group. We appreciate you business and look forward to seeing you next year.

Chesterfield, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed at this property for a couple weeks on business. Had a really nice one-bedroom suite. Probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Was working nights and really appreciated the peace and quiet I found here. I was really nice not being so close to I-75. The staff was always pleasant and went out of their way to make sure my stay was a good one. After having stayed at several of the other motels along Miller Lane over the last couple of years I can honestly say I won't stay anywhere but here on any future visits.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are definitely the quietest. I was on the top floor and that seemed to help as we...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. I am so happy to hear that we will be your hotel of choice when you are in town. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have now stayed at this property several times and each time was better than the last! The staff is super helpful and always willing to please. The Breakfast crew does a great job! I would highly reccomend this hotel for an extended stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel to avoid hearing the garbage truck dumping the garbage...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback. I am so glad to hear the you are a repeat guest and that each stay gets better. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!
Enon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My great nieces have been anxious to make a return visit to your hotel because they had so much fun on our last visit. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which was wonderful, we all had a bed and a bathroom. The room was spotless and in excellent condition. The staff were all so welcoming and nice to us. Of course the pool was a big part of their good time and I agree with others on this site that it can become overwhelmed with unsupervised kids on Sat. nights. On Fri. night and in the mornings we had the pool to ourselves. The hot breakfast was also a big hit with them, the food was good, they had a big selection sure to please anyone and of course the waffle marker made it special.The area around the hotel has many kid friendly restaurants and a Walmart with groceries that makes it easy to please the little ones. Because the room has a full kitchen eating in or storing snacks is easy. We also visited the Boonshoft Childrens Museum and Planetarium and Scene 75 a huge indoor Entertainment Center very nearby. We had a wonderful weekend and will be back for our next staycation soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure meeting you during your past stay. Thank you so much for staying with us. I am very happy that we are able provide a relaxing and convenient place for a staycation. I look forward to seeing you the next time you need to get away!

Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

On a recent R&R getaway with constant companion, we booked a King fireplace suite for two nights. The room was clean, large and warm. As a matter of fact, even though the weather outside was windy and frigid, we had to turn off the fireplace periodically to keep from over heating.
Breakfast was very good and quite complete. The location is right in the center of many chain restaurants and shops and 5 minutes from the airport. For our room type the price was extremely reasonable. If you're traveling through the area I highly recommend.

Room Tip: In the winter, try one of the fireplace suites. Very comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The One Bedroom Fireplace Suite is my favorate. Nothing better than being able to turn on the fireplace on a cold winter nice. It also provides a little more space than the normal room. Again, thank you so much and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I walked in and felt 'like home'!

I stayed for two night, and was relaxed, and felt safe the entire stay. There are many eating establishments around the hotel, Sam's Club is right next door, Walmart is less than a mile away (you could actually walk if it was a nice day and you didn't need a lot of items). A resonsonable priced gas station right on the corner (as cheap as you can get with the prices these days). It is close to the airport (about a 10 min drive), so I gassed the car up at the corner station, and was good when I dropped it off at the airport. Breakfast was what I expected...Belgian waffle maker, muffins, cereal, oatmeal (with various toppings), sausage patties, etc..you get the picture...point is, I would stay here again!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor (I normally don't, however, for one night, I could deal). Even thou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Travis W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay was. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our location. We have everything around us so there is no shortage of options for dining and shopping. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dayton area!

Sincerely