“Very Nice Little Apartment”

TownePlace Suites Dayton North
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Coral Springs, Florida
“Very Nice Little Apartment”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there one night.But It is a perfect place for a long term stay.Just like a little apartment.We had a king studio, which was small, but smartly built, with lot's of storage space,big closet, full kitchen, sitting area, desk, comfortable king-sized bed,everything is super clean(the only exception is the fan in the bathroom ceiling, which was very dusty,but it is not why the rating is 4).Hot shower, good water pressure.TV is one of the best ever.Amazing clarity on all channels.Really enjoyed
NBA on TNT and FOX news.Great channel selection as well.They have a fitness center, no pool, no hot tub, which I knew about prior to checking in.We choose Town Suites, because Fairfield faces I-75 (too noisy for the person I am with), Courtyard, Residence Inn,Hampton are more pricey at that exit, Comfort Inn are still doing remodeling.So Town Place sounded right.We did not have a reservation.Craig, the gentleman at the front desk was polite, he was trying to accommodate our request for the room on the 4th floor.He was not able to find one, so we ended up on the 3rd floor.I give him credit for trying.He is definitely not the manager, shows some lock of knowledge,but he was polite and was trying.Room was very quiet.I was very disappointed to find out that computer in the lobby was out of order.Not acceptable for Marriott chain.Craig was nice & apologetic about it though.Free breakfast was very good.It is a continental breakfast, which was plenty for me.I do have one huge problem though.Ray, the lady who works as a breakfast host was very unprofessional,was trying to initiate the conversation of a personal matter.I saw one of the guests walking away when she asked him out loud about the nature of his work.She was asking a lot of personal questions.By the look on my face, she could probably tell that I am not happy.So she left us alone.Very unusual for Marriott.I really hope that manager will address this issue.I do recommend this hotel and will stay there again in the future.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 135catherineg
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our property. I am currently working on getting a new computer for our lobby. I am so sorry you were inconvenienced by not having a computer/printer for your use. I will talk to all my breakfast hostess about how they communicate with our guests and make sure they know what is appropriate. I am so sorry if you felt this way. I surely hope you will give us another chance when returning to the Dayton Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Grayslake
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed overnight for business. Check in was very quick. The room was very clean and looked newly updated. Nice kitchenette and big closet. When my husband sat in the desk chair to do some work, it was broken. He called the front desk and less than 10 minutes later a new chair was delivered to the room. The usual quick breakfast items were available, and it was well stocked and kept neat.

My only complaint would have to be the temperature in the hallway on the 2nd floor. It was freezing! I'm not sure why there was no heat, but we didn't inquire since we were leaving the next morning. The room temp seemed to be inconsistent also, sometimes being very warm during the night and then blowing colder air.

We forgot a shopping bag with new jeans in the cabinet so we had to make arrangements for them to be sent home. Sheila was very helpful taking care of this. Thanks Sheila!

We would stay there again if business brings us back to Dayton.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Pioneergd2010
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for Staying at our hotel. Your business if very valuable to us and is much appreciated. I have addressed the situation on the 2nd floor hallway and that is fixed. I am so sorry that was your experience! I truly hope when returning to the Dayton Area you will return to our Hotel.
Cincinnati
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Check in was difficult, with no one attending the front desk. After waiting 5 minutes I literally had to yell to bring anyone to the desk.
Junior suites are tiny, but clean and efficiently designed. Beds are hard and I had difficulty sleeping, but this is a personal preference that might not affect most.
My major complaints about this property were the staff. The elevator in our tower was noisy when we arrived. The second day we were there it was actually making a loud grinding noise. When I reported it, there was a definite lack of concern by the front desk.
My other complaint was the staff at the breakfast bar. She was way too inquisitive and asked too many personal questions. As she inquired why I was staying at the hotel, where I was working, the nature of my work, etc I literally had to stop the conversation abruptly and refused to answer any more of her questions.
A hotel or motel has access to everyone's room and personal items. Hotel staff should realize that they are suspect if they try to gain personal info from guests and the guest finds things missing. This info about the work that a guest is involved with does give staff an idea as to what may be in their rooms. Not a safe situation for your belongings.
There are many hotels in this area that might be a better choice.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KCmusiclady
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments about your recent Stay. If you would be so kind and contact me at the hotel, I would like more information so I can research about what happened during your stay. Our goal at the Dayton TPS, is friendly service and Clean Rooms. Obviousely, we feel short of our promise and we want to make sure this doesn't happen.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hi,
We stayed at this hotel because they had larger 2 bedroom suites and allowed dogs (the Marriott website says $50 extra with a pet). Location was just off I-70 with many restaurants nearby - so it was an ideal location.
Room was clean, but furniture in the living room looked a little worn and could stand a cleaning. Breakfast was served in the morning. Nothing great, but included in the price of the room. I generally stay at a Residence Inn when I need a suite, however, we decided to try the TownPlace Suites. Rooms are a little smaller, not as nice of breakfast, but the price was better than the nearby Residence Inn. Hotel was quiet and location was far enough off the road there wasn't any traffic noise.

When I checked in and mentioned the dog, the clerk said the fee was $75. I said that the website said $50. He gave me a paper to sign that said I would abide by their rules with pets, and I agreed to pay $75. I crossed out the $75 and wrote $50. The information in the room also said $50 - very confusing!! When I checked out I was charged the $50 - the manager needs to get this straightened out to avoid confusion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Victoria K, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our property. We have just recently changed the Pet fee, so since you were told $50 that is why you were charged that. I am so sorry for any confusion you experienced. I am also in the process of changing our website, so everything is correct. I surely hope you will give us another chance when returning to the area. Your business is very important to us!
Ocala, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We got to the hotel Friday and checked in within minutes. It was so fast and easy I stood there for a second waiting for her to do something else! Within 3 minutes, I had spun the wheel, got my bonus points, got my keys, and was on my way! It was so quick and easy I couldn't believe. Customer service was great. Whenever I had a question of needed something, they were quick to get it and always with a smile on their face.
Our room was such a nice size. We got the 2 bedroom suite. It had a small kitchen, living room and 2 separate bedrooms. And the price was excellent!
My only complaint was the cleanliness. As a mother of 3 I have to admit, my standards of cleanliness are pretty high. I usually go in our hotel rooms and clean the room anyway, but I did have to do a bit extra in this room. The couch and ottoman were stained in a few places so I just asked for extra sheets and placed them over the furniture. There was some kind of bug behind the little table with the lamp. It just seemed like housekeeping wasn't that detailed with their cleaning. Maybe it was me, but like I said, it was clear that they did not move things when they vacuumed. But once I covered everything and cleaned to my standards, it was good. The bedrooms were clean and everything else was good.
The location was excellent. Close to everything, but away from all the noise. We enjoyed it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DeeLuck
Thank you for your recent stay at our property. I am so sorry that you experienced some cleanliness issues during your stay. Please contact me at the hotel, so I can make this right. Your business is very important to us!
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Located just off of I-75 north of Dayton and just a few miles south of the I-70/I-75 exchange, this hotel is also just minutes from the Dayton International Airport. It is set back off the beaten path just a little but remains easy to find. It's secluded setting provides a quiet place to relax. The staff was friendly and helpful when approached. The room was clean and spacious. Breakfast was pretty typical for this price range and the attendants kept items stocked. There are literally dozens of restaurants to choose from within a few miles of the hotel - from fast food to popular upscale franchises. Would highly recommend this hotel and plan to use it whenever I fly out of Dayton.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am vey pleased you had a great day! Hope to see you again very soon!
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night. We were in the area for a large concert that took place the same weekend. We really liked this hotel. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the a/c worked great, and there was plenty of room. Every room has a decent size kitchen which is nice even if only staying a few nights. The room was also very quiet. We were in room 120 which isn't far from the lobby.The free breakfast included biscuits and gravy, other breads, make your own giant waffles, cereals, juice, milk, and boiled eggs. In the lobby there was always fruit, cold water and coffee available. Check in and out was easy. There is a lot of chain restaurants in the area as well as a Wal Mart. It is easy to find right off the interstate. There are a lot of other hotels in the area Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anurse4you2
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you in the very near future!