TownePlace Suites Dayton North
$79
Country Inn
$105
$112
All reviewstwo bedroom suitelarge closetshower chairfront deskmax and ermasmini kitchenboiled eggsexercise facilityodd angleelliptical machinehappily stay againcracker barrelsam's clubshowing some wearon demandextra sheetschain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Due to severe weather in the East Coast, my wife, daughter and I recently ended up trying to "escape from Ohio", and booked an unplanned stay at the TownePlace Suites after our flights were cancelled. I used my Marriott Rewards membership, the rate was good, and the suite had plenty of space (two bedrooms), but there were a few issues. Although I can't call it dirty, the bathroom had some mold and mildew that could easily have been cleaned up. The room was also showing some wear and tear that could also have been easily fixed, or replaced. We were in the last room at the end of the hall on the north side and there was also no WiFi. The TownePlace is in the middle of nowhere tucked in behind the Cracker Barrel at the end of a street lined with other hotels and restaurants. The street is really busy, and its not the best place to travel on foot (we ended up staying after turning in our rental car at the airport, and having our flight cancelled). Most of the taxi drivers were not sure where it was, and it's not well labelled from the street, which I found odd with the number of other well marked Marriott properties within view. The complimentary breakfast was very limited, and more of a grab and go. The seating area was also really really hot, in fact on the morning we departed it was cooler outside despite being in the middle of a 90+ degree week. I would probably choose another one of the many Marriott properties in the area if I were to return to Dayton.

Room Tip: Get a two bedroom suite if possible
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom_the_Sad_Sailor01
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Towne Place Suites. I only spent one night--but I thought it was great. The rooms are clean and the place feels very new. I've stayed at the Courtyard very close to this Towne Place Suites before. While the courtyard is nice, the towne place suites is much newer.

Great location near the Dayton airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AndrewBVA
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I am a Marriott Rewards member and consider myself a Marriott brand champion. I love their hotels, regardless of star level, and usually rave about the consistency of the service I receive at the Marriott hotels at which I stay. On a recent stay at the TownePlace Suites, I was very disappointed. As someone who loves Marriott, I'm offended that this place carries that brand. We've stayed at this property several times before and have noticed it has gone downhill over the past few stays.

I was traveling with a family member who has mobility issues and one of the elevators was broken and no first floor rooms were available. The only rooms available on any floor were on the opposite end of the hotel from the elevator, making it challenging for my family member to leave the hotel to visit family. Things break, I get that. But, the front desk staff, while friendly, had no idea when the elevator would be fixed. Our grandmother is in hospice so we plan to stay in town for awhile. We booked three nights initially and had planned to renew, but this hotel is so unkempt, we've moved on to the Quality Inn and Suites next door.

Current maintenance issues that affected our stay include:
A broken elevator
A broken washing machine
An out of order waffle maker in the breakfast area
A broken toaster in the breakfast area (when I asked if they had a backup toaster, she said that was the backup toaster.)
Two lamps in our suite had burned out lightbulbs and we actually had to go to the front desk to get new ones ourselves
Missing lightbulbs in the dining room/kitchen multi-light fixture
A broken TV on one of the two treadmills in the fitness room

One or two of these things would be fine, but the totality of this this suggests significant quality control and maintenance issues. It's very unfortunate that this Marriott-branded hotel is in such sorry shape. As a loyal customer, I'm disappointed that we had to leave and move to a new, non-Marriott hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The room we checked into, didn't meet our expectations. So with a quick call to the front desk, we were switched to a larger suite at no extra charge.

Room was clean and comfortable. Great value! Near every type of restaurant you can imagine.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cort M
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Been making the trek to Dayton for a meeting every May at the Hara Arena. Years ago used to stay either out in Fairborn (a long drive) or downtown (traffic and not good place to be at night). Over the last decade a lot of hotels and restaurants have popped up in northeast Dayton around Miller Ln. I've tried a number of them - and the last couple of years have settled on the TownePlace Suites on Maxton Rd. While this is clearly intended to be an extended stay accommodation when I've stayed here they clean the rooms daily like a normal hotel. They also serve a free free breakfast like most of the low to mid range Marriotts do.

The hotel is in a great location - unlike other properties that are near the Interstate (24 hour road noise) this one is actually set back further west than Miller and VERY quiet.

This year booked a two bedroom suite which shares a common bathroom and has a small living and dining area plus kitchenette. Check-in was quick and simple. Suite was spotless and cleaned daily. While not extravagant breakfast was adequate for our needs. We'll be back again next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business