WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of TownePlace Suites Dayton North

TownePlace Suites Dayton North
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Dayton
brighton, mi
“Excellent hotel, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This location appeared to be pretty new, very clean, very up to date furnishings in the rooms and lobby. Good (small) fitness room and equipment. Many other towneplace suits locations are older and some what "worn". Add to the fact that the hotel was clean and modern, the price was great. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for top floor..less noise as there are no rooms above yours
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amber F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your five star review! We are so pleased we were able to meet your expectations. We have shared your comments regarding the cleanliness with our housekeeping staff and they love to know that their commitment to detail does not go unnoticed. Thank you again, we look forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Nokomis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have stayed at the Residence Inn next door before this hotel opened. We liked the looks and where this hotel is located. It is really a nice place to stay and will stay again when heading to Fl or back home in Mi. Sams Club is walking distance and so it was nice to purchase our pizza at to eat in our kitchen. We had a hard time to find it after dark because they forgot to turn on the sign lites, went right by it the 1st time. Room is very comfy and well equiped, for the price, this is great.

Room Tip: We liked front facing room, don't know what you face at the back
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rex_Sheryl
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so pleased that with all of the options in the area, you gave our property a try. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to becoming your first choice when traveling to the Dayton area!
DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have made numerous trips to Dayton over the past several months, and this has become my go-to hotel. The hotel itself is great. Rooms are clean, well-equipped with plenty of room. They're quiet, too. No noise from rooms next door or above. Lobby is inviting, services great. But what sets me to writing this review is the way in which the staff has treated me during my various stays at the hotel. They helped me find a place to trick-or-treat with my daughter when the weather was bad. They helped me find an urgent care clinic when I got sick. And for Christmas this year, I mailed my daughter's gifts to the hotel ahead of time and then stored them in the office (to include an enormous Barbie Dreamhouse) so that "Santa" could arrive with early gifts for my daughter. The terms "friendly" and "outgoing" short-changes the hospitality that the staff shows their guests.

Room Tip: I've stayed both up and down. I've noticed no difference in quality or noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amber F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your 5 star review. Return guests especially brighten our day, and we are always delighted to assist in keeping things easy when you are away from home. We look forward to you next stay!
Orange, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel is good. The van driver from the airport was a jerk and the internet was really slow. It took a few minutes to open up each web page. Don't stay here if you need to work and access the internet. Other than that it was good. There a literally a dozen other hotels within a mile. I would try another. Also the maid service knocks on your door repeatedly even though you have the "do not disturb" sign on and are not checking out until the next day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I found TownePlace Suites via Orbitz.com, booked and fully pre-paid for my room for the Thankgiving holiday. Upon check-in, the front desk swiped my debit card for a $40 hold for incidentals. This hold was later dropped. However, the following week, I noticed a $159 cleared charge on my debit card from TownePlace and an additional $120 hold. That’s $279 of unauthorized charges. I immediately called the hotel and spoke to the manager on duty. She apologized and said she would credit my card for $159, call my bank immediately to release the $120 and call me back with a status - of which she did none of the above. The following day I had to call my bank, file a dispute and cancel my debit card. Neither my bank nor I heard a word back from the manager.

I am not only extremely suspicious of the charges to my card but want to express the time and inconvenience this debacle has caused. I simply cannot imagine any customer would be at all happy to have $279 in unauthorized charges deducted from their bank account.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SARA S
Naples fl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I enjoyed the novel Lord of the flies but didn't expect to live it until I stayed at the TownePlace Suites Dayton North, where my room was infested with flies (see photo).
The internet service was questionable as was housekeeping needless to say

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank naplesinsider1
Amber F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Naplesinsider,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry for the issues that you encountered during your stay, but I was pleased to see that we were able to move you to a comparable room as soon as the issue was brought to our attention. The room in question was set to be out of order after a long term stay, but somehow was put into general inventory for sale by mistake. I assure you that we have had this room serviced by a local company and we hope that you will give us another chance when traveling to the Dayton area. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Amber Franklin
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I traveled to Dayton once again recently for a friends funeral. Unable to get a room at my favorite hotel (please see my Drury Inn review), I chose this hotel. Upon arrival there is a very clean atmosphere that would beg one to wonder if they walked into a hotel or a resort. Check in was fast and simple and within 5 minutes I was in my room. I walked into their "studio" suite. I was greeted to a clean room, and as you walk in there is a full fridge, small electric range and even a dishwasher WITH a small amount of dishes and pans included.

Walking further into the room was a LARGE workstation, a small loveseat, a very large bed and the TV perched in a very good corner. The bathroom was also spacious with an extra storage closet. If you are planning a 3+ day stay this location IS A MUST. Wal-Mart is just a few doors down and it would save you a lot of money from going to the various fast food and casual dining eateries.

Room Tip: Any room seems to be a good choice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CSXT1534
Amber F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your five star review! We hope to be your first choice when traveling to our area. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.