“I would stay if I had to but look elsewhere first!”

TownePlace Suites Dayton North
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel was clean and the laundry was good but there was definitely staff and mgmt problems here. The parking area was very small but close to gas, convenience and a great sushi restaurant.
The hotel was constantly out of milk every morning and never bothered to resupply any during our entire stay.
they BBQ worked well as did the laundry but there was no hot tub/pool. The internet worked well in my room.
I would stay here again for one night but would definitely look elsewhere far in advance to keep from it if at all possible. There were plenty of other very nice hotels close by but booked up already.
Shopping and restaurants were very good in this area!
I would rather NOT do it again here at TownPlace in Dayton but if I had to, it would be clean and comfortable for one night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed here in December of 2010 for 1 week while in the area on business. Despite some other poor reviews I think this hotel is quite nice. I stayed on the first floor in one of the King Suites. The room was extremely modern and upgraded very well. I have stayed at other TownePlace Suites and was not impressed. However, this hotel was super nice and carried the Marriott name well.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the location was very close to many restaurants (less than 2 miles). If in the area I would definitely consider this hotel again. The fitness center had a couple of treadmills which was more than enough.

If I had to say there was a downside, it would be that the hotel didn't have a designated smoking area. I'm a non-smoker so walking in and out of the front door through a cloud of smoke was annoying.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was a nicely decorated, clean place and I was pleasantly surprised. I have never stayed in a TownPlace Suites, but I will be looking for them on my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while visiting an old friend in Dayton. I was in room 105 and I must say that it was TERRIBLE!! The wall was leaking water, it smelled like mold! I had them move me to another room, only to find hair under my sheets, and all over the bathroom floor! The bathroom also smelled like urine! The young man at the desk ( I think Alex?) Had NO clue what he was doing! I call this an overpriced motel 6!! Does not deserve the Marriott name!!!

Room Tip: Do not waste your money here!!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2011

This hotel is located at the end of "hotel row" convenient to Rt 75 and the airport. Front desk staff was very courteous with quick check in and directions to where we needed to be. Room was small but clean--not much extra room around the bed-- bathroom door only opened half way. Room had full fridge/freezer, 2 burners, sink and dishwasher. Our only complaints were that the water seems to be over-softened---hands felt "slippery" after washing and the tub became slippery when showering. and that they ran out of coffee at breakfast at about 7:15 (15 min after service began). Overall, good value, good hotel. Would stay here again if in the Dayton area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2011

This hotel is very nice and I would stay again. When it comes to hotels, I am very picky. This one is great. Robyn at the Front Desk was very friendly. The hotel has a home away from home feel, yet modern.
I love the bright colors. The room was very clean. The business center needs improvement. Other than that, all is very nice. Location of the hotel was far from the interstate so no noise, yet close enough to walk to stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I have to say that this was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a hotel in the past 10 years. As a loyal Marriott customer, I would think their customer service would be more responsive. I had a reservation here last Wednesday and I was contacted by the hotel as they had overbooked and wanted to walk me to a nearby hotel. The compensation for walking was below Marriott's minimums and the hotel was a Comfort Inn. Not really the same thing. I had a client coming in from out of town who basically bore the burden of this fiasco with me. Not really stellar for conducive business relationships.

I left a message for the GM who thought it was better business not to get back to me. I left two inquiries on Marriott's website to inquire about the situation with no response. I am seriously considering switching allegiances to the Hilton chain after this mess. If I could give zero stars, I would. Unfortunately, I can't rate this hotel for the rooms - only the poor customer service. If they would do this to a Platinum level customer, I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed if you encounter issues. You've been warned.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JeffB-Chicago
Travelers also viewed these Dayton hotels
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Residence Inn Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Courtyard Dayton North
Courtyard Dayton North
#17 of 46 in Dayton
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg

Been to TownePlace Suites Dayton North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TownePlace Suites Dayton North

Address: 3642 Maxton Rd, Dayton, OH 45414-2434 (Formerly TownePlace Suites Dayton Butler Township)
Location: United States > Ohio > Dayton
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
#6 Business Hotel in Dayton
Price Range: $93 - $174 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — TownePlace Suites Dayton North 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your TownePlace Suites Dayton North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Towneplace Suites Dayton Butler Township Hotel Dayton