“Good hotel but with some drawbacks. ”

Crowne Plaza Dayton
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Welcoming valet, doorman and registration clerk. Access to pool by walking through lobby and main entrance odd. Self-parking is located in totally separate public lot which requires driving around the block - very poor set-up. Asked for a room facing river and got a room facing the convention center, albeit the clerk was very accommodating when I asked to switch rooms.

Bedroom was up to date and clean. Normal size. Refrigerator was a bonus and appreciated. Ability to run fan continuously was nice for those of us who sleep with a fan. Bathroom was "unique" and by that I mean it was the first hotel bathroom I've stayed in where I could literally rest my elbow on the tub while seated on the commode. There was no space between the two.

Shuttle service to airport available.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tymetotravel
Michael L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Tymetotravel,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Crowne Plaza. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. However, I am pleased that you found our staff welcoming and our property updated and clean. We hope you will choose to stay with us next time you travel to Dayton.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Hotel is conveniently located in the City. Within walking distance to many attractions.
Hotel is clean and nicely maintained. Recommended stay!

The outdoor pool was warm. Free coffee in lobby. No free breakfast as they have a restaurant on the roof top. We didn't eat at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian C
Kris D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Brian C,

Thank you for your 5-star review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the amenities and location of our property during your stay. Thank you for recommending the Crowne Plaza Dayton to others as well. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

First and foremost, the staff here are fantastic. They are always willing to help and accommodate. The management staff here clearly drive for quality and satisfaction. This hotel has a phenomenal restaurant on the top floor with surround view of downtown Dayton. While the building is a little dated, they have done a great job of renovating and keeping the lobby and rooms up-to-date. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is also located just minutes away from several great attractions like the Dayton Dragons baseball stadium (which I was fortunate enough to catch a game!) Also the historic Oregon District is just a short walk away with several good restaurants, pubs and craft breweries. I had such a great stay here and I will be looking forward to my next trip in the coming weeks!

Room Tip: The view is great from a higher floor!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Citation_Pilot86

Dear Citation_Pilot86,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Dayton, we appreciate the kind words. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your experience and the location of our property. Your comments about the staff are overwhelming. I am glad to hear they were a memorable part of your stay. We are looking forward to your future travels and welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip and was very pleased with the accomodations and service. The room was well appointed and the location is great. The hotel is close to the Oregon district which is very interesting, full of great shops and restaurants - even a movie theater. The only downside for me was that I was unable to use my free breakfast because it did not include room service. I am not much of a morning person and it takes me longer to get it in gear in the am. Because of this room service is usually a much better option for me.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jennlandau
Kris D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear jennlandau,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza. I am so glad that you were pleased with the service, accommodations, and location. I am sorry, however, that you were unable to have the breakfast experience you desired during your stay. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Dayton.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

While staying at Crown Plaza in Downtown Dayton, our hotel experience was marred by the fact that we were "imprisoned" and could not exit ABM parking which is used by the hotel. This incident made us late for my husbands job interview (what a first impression!)
After calling the hotel we were told it was not their responsibility. Our validated parking ticket would not open the automated gate and kept on being returned to us by the malfunctioning machine. After several trials we tried the second exit with same results! There was no attendant on duty to help us! After a length of time being "imprisoned" and late for the interview if it wasn't for another car coming through we would have been stuck for I don't know how long! Bad PR for Crown Plaza Hotel!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Dziunka5,

I sincerely apologize for your negative experience with the parking garage that our hotel utilizes. ABM is the company that manages the garage and we work very closely to ensure these problems do not occur. In the future, there is a grey call button on the machine that you can press if the ticket malfunctions. This button will force the gate to open automatically. Thank you for providing us with your feedback so we can work with ABM to make improvements for our guests.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I am a frequent visitor to Dayton to visit family. Ordinarily, we stay in a hotel in a suburb, but this visit we were going to a Dragons game. This hotel is walking distance to the stadium, so it was a good choice for us. The price was ok. The room was above average. The front desk staff was very friendly. There was a wedding reception on Saturday night, which meant that a lot of people apparently spent the night as well. We weren't bothered by the noise, but we were bothered in the morning when we couldn't get a luggage cart, despite waiting for 20 minutes. The pool is outdoors and you have to actually leave the hotel to enter the pool area, which I found strange and inconvenient with kids. We had breakfast in the restaurant one morning. The buffet was decent, with a nice omlet station, but I'm used to getting more options for that price. Overall, the stay was decent and we appreciated the convenience of being near the Dragons game, but it wasn't so nice that we would stay here again unless we need to be downtown.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ohiogirl00
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Ohiogirl00,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Dayton for your last visit. I am glad the location was convenient for the activities you had planned during your stay. It is always wonderful to hear that our staff is friendly and helpful to our guests as well. Please accept my apology for our luggage carts being unavailable. I am sorry that you found the buffet pricing too expensive and the pool location inconvenient. We hope you will reconsider your decision to stay with us again so we are able to show you the benefits of staying at our property

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My company has had meeting room space here for the last 6 or 8 weeks. The staff here is outstanding. They go out of their way to make everything go smoothly. Special thanks to Brent, Steven and their crew for helping us so much. I left for over a week for vacation, and one of the valets said when he saw me "welcome back". When I commented on his memory, he said he remembers all of his regulars.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank John F

Dear John F,

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel as well as our staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were treated so well by our staff. We look forward to your next visit!