“Shuttle Drivers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Dayton

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crowne Plaza Dayton
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Piggott, Arkansas
“Shuttle Drivers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I want to say thank you to Jonny and James in Valet. I had a trip to the airport for a flight that was later cancelled so I had to call the shuttle to take me back to the hotel. Both drivers were extremely courteous and thoughtful and made what was a challenging evening more pleasant. Jonny made sure I had transportation the next morning even though the shuttle wasn't running. I can't adequately describe what their thoughtfulness and responsiveness meant to me but I can say that if every employee in my travels were like James and Jonny it would be a pleasure!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tracy C
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Tracy C,

I appreciate your positive feedback of your experience at the Crowne Plaza Dayton. I am overwhelmed when reading your comments about the staff. They work very hard and I am so happy to hear they were able to accommodate your needs and make your stay a memorable one. We look forward to your return.

Michael Larson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Alma, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel is beautiful, clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. We ate ate the restaurant and the food was delicious. This was my first time to stay here but I look forward to returning!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank julie p
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Tina,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Dayton, we appreciate the kind words. I am pleased to hear that you had such wonderful service at our restaurant View 162. It is great to know that our staff is going above and beyond guest expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience of the restroom location during your stay and hope the location is to your satisfaction next visit. We are looking forward to your future travels and welcoming you back to the hotel.

Massillon, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at crown plaza in Dayton, I especially want to mention Sara, our waitress in the roof top restaurant. She went above and beyond in trying to help with our grandchildren. We enjoyed the pool, however the restrooms by the pool were closed and you have to walk into hotel lobby dripping wet to use the restroom.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Tina,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had a nice stay at crown plaza. The staff were spectacular; in particular the bartender Stephanie, and at the front desk Jessica and Mario. There was live music at dinner on the rooftop. Only reason I'm giving it a 4 is because our darn room keys never seemed to work. Overall great experience.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Vioboy91
We appreciate your 4 star review and the time you took to acknowledge the excellent service you received while staying here at the Crowne Plaza Dayton. Please accept my apology for the room key situation, and I hope the next time stay with us, we will be worthy of a 5 star review. Looking forward to your possible return visit.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Despite this hotel being booked solid with what seemed like a million soccer kids, it was clean and quiet and comfortable.

The only reason why I didn't give it a 5-star was the staff at the front counter seemed "rushed" and, therefore, was rather short with me when I checked in and/or asked a question. I felt like I was bothering them.

Room Tip: I always stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear utep1979,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your 4 star review. I was sorry to hear that you did not get the courteous service from the front desk that our guests deserve. You are correct in that it was a BIG soccer weekend here at the hotel but that is never an excuse for lack of service. Please accept my apology and I look forward to your next visit!

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Did not stay in a room, but was there for a conference. Cordial staff. Nice, clean conference room. Located in heart of Dayton, near the Oregon District and other attractions. Has a BEAUTIFUL dining area and lounge with live music on the top floor, giving a gorgeous view of the Dayton lights and cityscape. A must see!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear katielli,
We appreciate your review regarding a conference here at the Crowne Plaza Dayton and giving our rooftop restaurant a great recommendation. We hope to see you again, maybe next time you will be able to have an overnight stay as well!

Kraainem, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

A last minute reservation, partly due to the airport shuttle, strange but few hotels in Dayton offer this. Upon arrival I was very warmly greeted and offered an upgrade. Instant hit that was.

The hotel is located in prime downtown real-estate which as the city centre revitalises will be perfect. Easy walk it seems to a plethora of dining establishments of all kinds. Equally an easy walk to the city's philharmonic as well. There is a minor league baseball team also not too far away. So a great location.

I chose due to work, to dine at the hotel and that was very tasty though I did order a rather mundane dish. Overall, I can't say enough good about the staff.

The hotel itself appears dated. The room's furnishings and bed were all good, duvet, comforter, tv all modern. A/C made a good bit of noise and never seemed to achieve much. Carpets in the rooms but more so in the corridors need to be replaced (appear very dirty), decor in general is reminiscent of the 80's. Overall, there's loads of potential but some attention needs to be given or this diamond in the rough will turn to coal. Interestingly, several other hotels in the area have an indoor pool to swim laps in but this one, just an outdoor pool that was not yet opened.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lynn D
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Lynn,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We always appreciate it when a guest responds. Your review listed both the positives and the negatives of your stay and reviews help us to pinpoint areas we are doing great in and areas where there could be some improvement. Your positives outweighed the negatives by far and I hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area.