“It was an experience!”

Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Mississauga, Canada
“It was an experience!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had just gone for a conference which was located in this hotel. Loved the rooms, so clean, huge soft, warm beds! also everything was very well cleaned - and we were provided with more towels then we possibly needed! the staff was super friendly, and went out of their way to go above and beyond to get us American candy that we had never experience before! Thank you to C.C Smith and to the staff at the hotel for their help. The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful too. We had an issue with the shuttle bus being late but that was made well after with the professional service! The bar was beautiful and gave us a nice view of Dayton. If you need to be or are in Dayton Ohio - this is the best hotel in the city to be in!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear shekky,
What a delightful review, we greatly appreciate the time you took to stop by TripAdvisor. I will be sure to tell CC and the staff that they helped to make your stay a great experience. I am glad you had a chance to visit our rooftop restaurant with it's panoramic views. I always tell our guests that you can see places you've never seen before without ever leaving the hotel! We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in the area.

Michael Larson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

The staff is friendly. The hotel is old and dingy. Which would be fine BUT my room was dirty, food in the buffet was limited and not good, piano is out of tune in the bar, and there was a bug on my mattress.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Seg800
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Seg800
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are very much delighted you enjoyed our staff. We apologize for your disappointment with your accommodations. It is very unusual that a guest would find there room unacceptably clean. I will investigate the matter. I hope that you will give us another opportunity should you visit our area again.

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed here for a conference in early September. The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful. The valet staff were super accommodating and a riot! Our room was nice and clean. Average in decor, size, etc. but that's nothing to complain about. The bed was comfy, the bathroom large with room to spread out, and the amenities as expected (lotion, shampoo, conditioner, etc.). My husband and I enjoyed the fact that we were within walking distance of the Oregon District and some great restaurants. We were also not far away from the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson Air Force Base and Yellow Springs (a really neat, artsy little town recommended by the locals). We also were tipped off to the location of the Wright Brothers' burial plot in the local cemetery. Cool!

Cannot complain about this property. Sure, it shows its age, but it's not horrible. The bar on the top floor is nice for an evening cocktail with a view over the city. Oh, and kudos to the management for the magnifying vanity mirror in our room! I have often said in my reviews that this would be a nice addition to any hotel room at minimal cost. The mirror is much-appreciated!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chompypf,
Thank you for your 4 star review and the time you took to point out a few of the highlights of staying at the Crowne Plaza Dayton. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities, location and our wonderful staff. There are so many things to do and places to visit within 15 minutes of the hotel. When you return, be sure to ask about some other areas to visit. I'm sure you would love Carillon Historical Park which is only 5 minutes from the hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed October 12, 2013

When I discovered that a conference I was scheduled to attend was at this hotel, I was more than a little concerned. Reviews on trip advisor have been mixed to say the least.
I was pleased and surprised to find a competent pleasant environment staffed by courteous employees eager to help.
No, it's not "The Pierre" in Paris- it's certainly not even the Ritz in New York.
Yes, it shows it's age- people do realize it's Dayton, Ohio - right?
We are talking about the buckle of the rust belt.
For the price of a Holiday Inn you get a convenient location (across from the convention center and within walking distance of the Oregon District) and a staff that does pretty well given the limitations.
JR

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear JohnR
Thank you for your 4 star review and the mention of our staff. We have a great group of people here. I hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I would like to thank the staff at the Crowne Plaza in Dayton for a job well-done for a conference that I recently coordinated on their property. The entire staff was helpful, friendly and very professional. Any issues that arose during the planning phase or throughout the conference were immediately addressed. Their staff went above and beyond to ensure our guests had an enjoyable time and memorable experience. We received numerous compliments on the quality of food and the helpfulness of the staff. Everyone from the IT staff, conceriege desk, front desk, housekeeping and event staff went out of their way to be accomadating. Thank you Ashley and Jodi!!

Dear Brooke E,
I really appreciate your review and the glowing reports of our staff. Thank you for your kind words. Our staff has worked very hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience. I am so pleased to hear that the entire team provided you with a unique and welcoming experience. We enjoyed hosting your group and look forward to working with you on future events given the opportunity. I will be sure to pass along your comments to all of our staff.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Checked in very easily. A very nice concierge chap dealt with all our luggage and also valet parked the car. The room is a good size and seems pretty clean. I have a good view out into Dayton and also overlook the swimming pool. I'm here on business so having fast internet is a bonus.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear AndyG1985,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Dayton, we appreciate the kind words. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our free WiFi. I will let our Valet Department know that you were pleased with their service and mentioned them in your review. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.
Best Regards,

Rochester, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was the worst hotel I ever stayed in! Toilets didn't flush, air conditioners froze up overnight, my room was moved twice, the tub was dirty and room was not properly cleaned. Any time you see hair from someone else that tells me the rooms have not been cleaned properly. Closet doors inside the rooms were broken. I came in on a business rate, but I wouldn't even pay the discounted rate. Do NOT stay here if you visit Dayton. I was highly upset and disappointed. The best thing they have going for them are the conference and meeting rooms.

1 Thank Tenita J
Kris D, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay. It is feedback like this, both positive and negative, that enables us to grow and work towards our goal of being the hotel of choice when traveling into the Dayton area. I have reviewed your feedback on the room with both my housekeeping and maintenance teams to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope that in your future travels to Dayton we can have the opportunity to show you what are hotel can offer.