Crowne Plaza Dayton
Parkway Inn(Dayton)
Good 3.5/5
Red Horse(Dayton)
View Hotel
All reviewsconvention centertop floorrooftop restaurantoregon districtself parkingdowntown locationfront desk staffan older buildingup to dateworkout roomnice stayskywalkbanquetreunionlotionrenovation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a Sexy Christians marriage retreat thru our church. The rooms were very nicely designed, and very comfortable to relax in. The staff was very friendly as well. We didn't hear anyone from our group of people staying say one negative thing about their hotel experience. I'd highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2013
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear tdersh22,

We are so glad that you and your group enjoyed your stay and the retreat. We always appreciate it when someone takes the time to give us a review. I will be sure to mention to the employees here at the Crowne Plaza Dayton that you complimented them on their friendly service. We hope to see you again in the future!

Michael Larson

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This Crowne Plaza reminded me of the hotel I first stayed at when landing in Qaddafi's Libya in 2006 - boxy architecture with sterile decor but some of the friendliest service you could imagine.

Pluses:
- Great view from the restaurant at the top of the hotel, professional service and a solid (if slightly casual) menu
- Friendly, efficient and helpful front desk staff
- Probably the best option in Dayton
- Fast internet

Development opportunities:
- The elevators feel coffin-like - not because they are small, but because they are lined with a strange fabric that makes them feel suffocatingly closed
- Rooms need room service menus in them - all I could find was a list of local restaurants even though I know room service was available
- Hotel should supply at least one bottle of water in the room - I know this is environmentally unfriendly but they could also add a recycling bin in the room to compensate.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give a thorough 4 star review of your stay. We always appreciate it when a guest makes the time and effort to share their experience. I hope we are able to serve you again in the future.
Michael Larson

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. From the front desk staff to the airport shuttle driver - my experience was excellent. The room was nice and the view from the Rooftop restaurant was fabulous.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Richard Dalton gets high marks for his outstanding service to two very tired travelers. We received an excellent welcome, and service throughout the stay. Because of the late night check-in, we were appreciative of the valet parking, and car was right ready in the morning when we needed an early start. It was fun also to see the staff get ready for the basketball players and fans in town for NCAA games. They had great spirit in welcoming guests. Thank you, Crowne Plaza, Dayton for a very good experience.

Room Tip: Check lights before you unpack...did have some lights which did not work.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Mar 22-24.The Overall experience was good & the Staff in the Bar & Restaurant were very Friendly. When I made my Reservation we asked for an upgrade if available,and the desk clerk said she would upgrade to a club level. I didn't see any difference in the king bed room that I usually get & the club level.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple