“Great Front Desk Staff”

Crowne Plaza Dayton
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Richard Dalton gets high marks for his outstanding service to two very tired travelers. We received an excellent welcome, and service throughout the stay. Because of the late night check-in, we were appreciative of the valet parking, and car was right ready in the morning when we needed an early start. It was fun also to see the staff get ready for the basketball players and fans in town for NCAA games. They had great spirit in welcoming guests. Thank you, Crowne Plaza, Dayton for a very good experience.

Room Tip: Check lights before you unpack...did have some lights which did not work.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Mar 22-24.The Overall experience was good & the Staff in the Bar & Restaurant were very Friendly. When I made my Reservation we asked for an upgrade if available,and the desk clerk said she would upgrade to a club level. I didn't see any difference in the king bed room that I usually get & the club level.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank prpdawg
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A group of us stayed at the Crown Plaza for work. The overall hotel was nice, but the restaurant crew was amazing! The top floor restaurant provides a beautiful view and the staff was super friendly and helpful after long days at work. Thanks so much for making my trip special!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were in Dayton to visit with my nephew that was hospitalized at MVH. We were greeted with a valet person, who promptly helped us into the facility and handled our baggage to the front desk. We were greeted by Jay, he was very friendly and offered us several options for rooms. We did a walk in rate that was amazing for this hotel and were offered to print the coupon on their printer in their computer area in the lobby (THANKS!). We stayed here for two nights, the accomodations were appropriate for this type of hotel and room service was awesome. The only downfall to this stay was the walk to and from the parking garage due to the cold and the environment is a little intimidating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Dayton for family members needing to visit members of their family at MVH or for any convention center activities. Special thanks to Jay at the front desk for being very professional.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and for mentioning our staff member Jay. I will be sure to pass on your remarks and let him know what a great job he did for you. If you should visit our hotel again in the future, there is an indoor walkway to the garage that will keep you out of the winter elements! Our goal is to inspire and take care of each and every one of our guests. And even though your visit wasn't for leisure, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and that we could make a difference.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here this last weekend because my daughter was competing in a dance competition at the attached convention center. We pulled up and the bell hop/valet came right now to help us with our bags. We didn't use the valet service but he helped us unload all of our things and helped us to our room, chatting politely about her dance competition etc. It really set the tone for a great stay. The room was very clean and loved that it had a fridge. We will definitely be back to this hotel if we travel to Dayton again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words. We are very excited about the outcome of our renovation, and I am so pleased to hear that you were as well. Our staff has worked hard to make us a hotel to be proud of. We truly appreciate our guests' feedback and I am eager to pass your words along to our valet and cleaning teams. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was a little worried about stayinghere as a lot of people have complained that this Crowne Plaza doesn't meet their expectations, but I didn't find anything egregious about my stay. The room was a little old and tired, but the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the food was decent. Also, yes you do have to park in a parking garage, but it isn't "way down the street" like someone else posted, it's right across the street and there is a skywalk from it to the hotel.

I will have to say that while this hotel is not far from the Oregon district, it's not a very appealing walk.

Also, I booked through Priceline and not through the hotel directly, it was more than 50 percent off (not surprising as when I checked out I noticed the front desk staff filling out a form listing the hotel as only 30 percent full). This hotel is not worth the full retail amount, but it was great for the 65ish bucks I paid.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel, feedback from our guests allows us to pinpoint areas that we can grow. Our staff prides themselves on excellent customer service and our hotel is located near many exciting venues. I was surprised to read that you felt the rooms were old and tired as we just had a five million dollar renovation. While our building has been a part of Dayton for quite some time we are very proud of the modern feel and the new accommodations that our renovation has provided. We are striving to provide each guests with a wonderful stay, we look forward to serving you should you visit the area again, if we can do anything to make your next stay more pleasant please let us know.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Due to my job, I stay in hotels all the time. The staff at the crowne plaza in Dayton have made this my favorite stay! The manager, Andy, came in on his own time to provide shuttle service for us. He also helped with a medical issue. The front desk staff was so welcoming and helpful they made all the difference. I would recommend this particular hotel to any of my family & friends because of the exceptional customer service from Andy & all of the other staff we had the opportunity to deal with.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Dayton, we appreciate the great review. I was pleased when reading your comments about the staff, they have worked very hard, and I am so happy to hear that our customer service was your most memorable part. I will be sure to let the front desk and Andy know that they exceeded your expectations, as it is what we strive for. We are looking forward to your future travels and welcoming you back to the hotel!