“Exceptional customer service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Crowne Plaza Dayton
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
“Exceptional customer service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Due to my job, I stay in hotels all the time. The staff at the crowne plaza in Dayton have made this my favorite stay! The manager, Andy, came in on his own time to provide shuttle service for us. He also helped with a medical issue. The front desk staff was so welcoming and helpful they made all the difference. I would recommend this particular hotel to any of my family & friends because of the exceptional customer service from Andy & all of the other staff we had the opportunity to deal with.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Dayton, we appreciate the great review. I was pleased when reading your comments about the staff, they have worked very hard, and I am so happy to hear that our customer service was your most memorable part. I will be sure to let the front desk and Andy know that they exceeded your expectations, as it is what we strive for. We are looking forward to your future travels and welcoming you back to the hotel!

Michael Larson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

On our recent trip to Dayton, We had purchased our room on Priceline. Priceline totally screwed up our reservation and was not cooperating with us to fix the problem. The Night Manager Andy H. stepped in and reassured us that he would help us fix the error. He was professional, courteous.He went ABOVE and BEYOND of what a hotel Manager would of done. We travel very frequent and have never experienced such excellent customer satisfaction. Kudos to The Crowne Plaza in hiring such a dynamic employee. We will definitely revisit your hotel on our trips to Dayton! You have won us over!!!!!
J. and C. Thompson

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Corri T
Thank you for your recent review, Andy is great at what he does and he will appreciate your mention of him. He truly takes pride in his job and each and every guest is important to him and our staff. We pride ourselves on making each guest’s stay memorable and comfortable.
Our entire staff have worked very hard to become the hotel of choice for the Dayton traveler and they by far are our best asset. Thank you for sharing your experience, we look forward to your next trip to the Dayton area!

Knoxville,TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here this past weekend with another couple. We only stayed one night as we were passing through. It is a nice clean hotel as expected from a Crown Plaza. It is in a great downtown location, beside the convention center and only a couple blocks to the Oregon District, which has lots of uniqe shops and restaurants. Although we could have easily walked, to Oregon District for dinner, Darnell, the complementary shuttle driver, was happy to drop us off and pick us up, as it was very cold outside and snowing. The room was large and nicley furnished. It looks like a recent rennovation was given to the entire hotel. It was exactly what I want in a hotel. The restaurant/bar on the top floor was very nice with great views and live piano music which was great. All of the servers in the hotel were great to deal with, and overall it was a great experience.

Room Tip: I would ask for a corner room, as high up as possible, which will improve your view tremendously, wh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear vacateKnoxville_TN, Thank you for your kind words and for mentioning some of our staff members. Our goal is to inspire and take care of each and every one of our guests. We are working hard to be Daytons Best Hotel. I'm glad you were able to enjoy View 162, our rooftop restaurant. We hope to see you again soon should you be back in the area, happy travels!

Mike Larson
NY, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I think TripAdvisor needs a rating between average and very good. The Crowne Plaza would fall right there. The good stuff first: The big plus for this hotel was the great service top to bottom. The shuttle drivers (free!) helped me out in a big way. The front desk answered every question. And the restaurant was great. The food was delicious-both dinner and breakfast. Nice wine list. Attentive service. A great view. I would give it a very good but I don't want to mislead that this is a fancy place. It is a nice place that I enjoyed. However it isn't a '"fine" hotel. It is simple, nice hotel. Spacious lobby that looked newish. It looks to be undergoing some upgrades and it does seem that some part (the gym) for example are quite nice and new. Some other things,for example the elevators are pretty dinged up, could be next. The room was comfortable and clean. The ceiling in my bathroom looked like it had been repaired but not yet painted. I can't complain b/c I got an incredible rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank FromNYto?
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. Thank you for recognizing our staff and we aim to inspire and delight each and every guest. Service is as important to us as it is to you. Our hotel is still in the process of putting the finishing touches on our renovation. I am glad you took the time to visit our restaurant with it’s one of a kind views of the area and new menus. We look forward to serving you again as our guest should you return to the area!

Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I dunno,what happened to the Crowne Plaza? What happened to linen spray? What happened to the feel of this place? I love Crowne Plaza's usually. I gave this place a chance, although my whole family booked at the Marriot. I thought it would be neat to see downtown from the windows. That was nice I must say as I am a city girl.
The front staff were nice and did acknowledge that I was a Priority Club member and gave us bottled water. Michael Larson would do well to write a note to those staying here for the first time and encourage them to come back to Dayton, otherwise I think it's one of those places that just sinks into your memory as absolutely unmemorable. House keeping should be more responsive when called. Called for toiletries, after our return from a wedding, and uh he never came. And the housekeeping staff who works weekends should not be knocking on doors at 9am unless she was called to come to bring something to the room. Who is in charge here? We called for ketchup after our breakfast came. Uh, he never came back. Although they were kind enough to call and let us know our breakfast would be delayed. And, the coffee was pretty bad. Need to get the coffee thing down better. Very lackluster. I wish this place could hold its head higher, as its location could be pretty attractive to tourists. And, the pillows are lumpy, which I would never complain about normally, but it's just sad. The hotel doesn't need to look fabulous, or feel fabulous, but the people need to be trained to want to make people feel at home, and...fabulous.

Room Tip: If you want better service during the week, get a Priority Club Membership.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank 35805Anna
Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay. Its feedback like this, both positive and the opportunities that enable us to get better. Since you were here with a group during your stay you should have received a welcome letter from the entire staff with specific information about your group and the hotel at check-in. From your comments, it sounds like, that didn’t happen and I apologize.

The Crowne Plaza brand is re-launching its sleep advantage program and gone are the lavender spray, night light, drape clip, cd and eye mask. Beginning this spring, we will be rolling out the new program that will include response aromatherapy resting cream, quietude calming mist and a soothing balm. We would be happy to forward you one of the new kits when they arrive if you would like to try it out.

I have reviewed your feedback on the room with my front desk, housekeeping and restaurant teams to try and prevent that from happening in the future. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to taking care of you again if your travels bring you back to Dayton.

Michael Larson, General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel feels old, but not in a charming way really. I feel like their remodel was so-so. Its an okay hotel. There is a restaurant on the top level and the convention center is connected with an indoor bridge, so it has a good location.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Littlemrsbush
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Littlemrsbush
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent experience here at the Crowne Plaza Dayton. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important. Based on your comments we did not meet our goal of exceeding your expectations. We want to thank you for being our guests and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Indy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is decent, but for the money, definitely book elsewhere. First off, the lobby has a horrific fishy smell. Don't spend too much time down there. Parking is down the street in a very sketchy looking parking garage off property. The garage was deserted, and we felt very uncomfortable leaving our vehicle so far away. The room was good with comfortable beds and clean linen. The staff that we encountered in housekeeping and the front desk were less than warm. We requested a late checkout at the front desk upon checkin, and the associate said that they would be able to accommodate the request. The next morning, however, the housekeeper came right into the room at 7am without even knocking. When we explained to her we had a late checkout, she just looked at us and left without another word. In the restaurant, we waited for almost 25 minutes for someone to take our order. When the food arrived, two of our orders were wrong. The steak, ordered medium, was charred well done. One of us ordered a BLT sandwich and the bacon was barely cooked. The waitress was very nice and took our orders back to have them re-done. It was a half hour later before the two of us got our food back. The other two finished eating and went back to the room without us. They comped the steak, and the server was very apologetic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Nikki9191
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Nikki9191
I would like to apologize for the disappointment you experienced during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Dayton, and thank you for taking the time to share your honest opinion of your recent stay. We have a wonderful staff and your experience was not typical, but you were negatively impacted by this; for that I am truly sorry. I will be speaking with the staff and I assure should you visit us again, you will have a better experience. Our staff goes to great measures to provide excellant service and we look forward to the posibility of showing you how great your stay at the Crowne Plaza Dayton can be!

Michael Larson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Marriott at the University of Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia

Been to Crowne Plaza Dayton? Share your experiences!