Crowne Plaza Dayton
ComfortSuites
$118
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$107
Courtyard
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$108
$105
$83
$74
$109
Hampton.com
All reviewsconvention centertop floorrooftop restaurantoregon districtself parkingdowntown hotelfront desk staffan older buildingup to dateworkout roomskywalkbanquetreunionlotionrenovation
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Check in was easy, the staff was very friendly, the location of the hotel was next to a lot of restaurants and shopping, the outdoor pool was wonderful because they turned the heat up for us. The restaurant at the top of the hotel was very nice, gorgeous 360 degree view of the city. The covered parking garage was handy. The room was clean and decorated nicely, it looked newly remodeled. The beds were the MOST comfortable ever, I couldn't believe it. I should have looked to see what kind of mattress it was. I would buy one! The breakfast buffet was good, although they charged for it, no free breakfast.

My single, ONLY complaint about this hotel, why I didn't give my rating 5 stars, is because the walls are super thin, and I was kept awake all night by the wedding party guests partying in the room next door. I could hear their normal conversation voices as though I was sitting right next to them, and as they got more drunk they started screaming and yelling and dancing around, it was awful. I don't know that I would stay at this hotel again just for that reason, I highly value sleep. Otherwise it's a very nice place. If you can get a room without neighbors.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from everyone. Walls are paper thin.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear NTW8,
Thank you for taking your time to review our property here at the Crowne Plaza Dayton. You are right in that our hotel has just undergone a renovation including our rooftop restaraunt "View 162". I'm glad you noticed how comfortable the new beds are, each bed allows the guest to adjust the firmness for their best sleep. Our staff takes great pride in the services they provide. I regret that the wedding party interupted your sleep, this is highly unusual. In the future if there is anyting we can do to make your stay more comfortable please don't hesitate to ask. We look forward to serving you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We only stayed here one nite and didn't have any major problems but did feel the hallways and rooms could use some improvements. The carpets looked older and worn in places and the bathrooms were small and dated. The reading lights on the beds were broken. The Staff were all friendly and helpful and room service was quick and efficient.
With a little work this could be a great hotel!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Golfer010_11
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Golfer010_11,

I appreciate you sharing your experience. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and the efficiency of our service. Our staff has made great strides to ensure that we are the preferred hotel for the downtown Dayton area. We have completed our renovations but are still adding a few final touches. We hope that upon your next return to Dayton, that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

From the lobby to the elevators, hallways, and rooms, everything was clean and well maintained. The staircase between the lobby and 2nd floor make you feel like you're in a grand hotel! Bedding, towels, and furniture look new. The extra reading lights on both sides of the king bed are a very nice extra touch. Staff was attentive and even brought extra coffee packets to my room when I had a long work session.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Joanie M
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience. I am glad that you found the updates enjoyable. Our staff has worked very hard to ensure the cleanliness and the quality of the hotel exceed expectations. It is our goal to provide you with excellant service and top notch accommodations during your stay. We hope to serve you again during your next business or personal trip to Dayton. We'll keep the coffee pot on!

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My stay was only one night but I had a nice comfortable bed. The room is a big LG TV a refrigerator, Coffee maker and iron. The furniture and decor in the room are very nice. I think this is one of the nicest Crowne Plaza rooms I've been in. The hotel is also centered in the middle of downtown and has a great location.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Ty B

Dear Ty B,

Thank you for your review, we here at the Crowne Plaza Dayton go to extra lengths to serve our customers. You are very important to us. As you mentioned, our location places us at the heart of many area businesses. We have finished our renovations and your comments regarding your accommodations tell us we are right on track. We look forward to providing you with another great experience during your next stay here in Dayton.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed there two nights and had the worst experience of any hotel ever, and I travel frequently! The rooms were nicely decorated to hide the filth! The toilet was dirty, the vents dusty, the shower had mold! My blanket had a hold in it to match the bath towels! The carpet was dirty and rolled up off the floor. The First night I stayed, there was an entire football team staying on the floor I was on... At 2:30 in the morning they converged on the floor screaming, fighting, pushing, and just plain LOUD... I pushed the phone button for 'Security' and got no response! I then called the front desk three times for the next 90 minutes getting no action on the hotels part!! They claimed to address it, but I believe they finally passed out!

**WARNING**

The last day I went to pack up my car only to find SIX CARS with busted in windows from someone breaking into cars the night before!! Luckily mine wasn't one despite only 20 some cars in the garage!

DO NOT stay here... For $100 a night, it's a RIP OFF!!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank FirstClassMatt
Hotel M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a comment card about your stay here at the Crowne Plaza. It is clear from your comments that we did not provide the level of service you would expect from a hotel of our caliber. Please accept my apologies for our service missteps and lack of follow up to your requests for security to respond to the noise from the football team.

I appreciate your comments as it serves to help improve our service profile as we move this hotel forward. I do share all feedback, both positive and negative, with our staff members to ensure we can make the appropriate adjustments. Please be assured your comments about your stay do not fall on deaf ears. I have also spoken to the City of Dayton about the cars in the garage as it is owned by them and they maintain the security there. They have assured me that a more vigilant security presence there will occur.

I can assure you that your experience is not indicative of a typical stay here at the Crowne Plaza. We do hope you will consider giving us another opportunity in the future to provide the level of service you deserve and expect at a Crowne Plaza hotel.