“Do not stay here”

Comfort Inn Dayton / Miller Ln.
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed March 30, 2014

When I saw the clerk hand the two ladies ahead of us a can of glade I should have ran ! We couldn't use the stair well closest to us as it was closed meaning that being our fire escape was out of order . The fire extinguisher in the hall had the glass broken in it. We found someone's hair on our bathroom vanity the room smelled and was poorly vacuumed. We couldn't use the dead bolt on the door . If it wasn't for the fact that the bed sheets were nice and clean I would say new ( the duvet had now cover on it ) and we had been travelling for 8 hours we would have left. The next morning we saw the cleaning woman spraying the carpet in one of the rooms with a bottle of something .She immediately stopped when we passed her and looked like we caught her doing something we were not supposed to see! There were several rooms doors proper open with the sheets and duvets off the beds . I refused to eat the free breakfast after all this . This hotel should be closed DISGUSTING !

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Judy K
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Dayton / Miller Ln.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've stayed at a number of Comfort Inns in recent months, and have been somewhat spoiled by having them all be newer properties. Well, if you're looking for an old school CI, this is it. Good location near the freeway, but that's the high point. The property itself is in need of an overhaul to be brought in line with the standards set by newer CI properties. It just has that "someone smoked here, but we've covered it up with a mountain of air freshener with the hope that you won't notice" feel to it. You can't beat the price- but you get what you pay for, too.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kcboy
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed two nights. We stayed on second floor closer to front. Room was clean and quiet. No elevator, but I like a little exercise anyway. The breakfast room was small, but adequate. Breakfast include some sausages and scrambled eggs which were OK and waffle maker was available. The beds were comfortable. The location is excellent with many many choices for restaurants. We stayed here while visiting the Air Force museum. (My only complaint was a problem with choice hotel points, not with this comfort Inn.)

Room Tip: Second floor in front was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed during an extended weekend. I cannot say anyting bad about this hotel, except for some reason they kept the outside door open to the indoor pool. They left a sign about something being broken. I did not understand and I did not use the pool because it was so cold. The hot breakfast was awesome! The guy at the desk was constantly asking if there was anything I needed every time I would go out to my car. The beds were nice and comfortable, the TV was great. I defiantly would stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Benjamin S, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Dayton / Miller Ln., responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your five-star review! We are thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and found the staff helpful and courteous as well as a clean and comfortable room. We are also pleased that you enjoyed new 40" flat screen TV the full Hot fresh breakfast.I apologize that pool being broken. I am sure it would have been a great way to relax after a long day.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future when your travels bring you through

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our one night stay at the Comfort Inn while travelling south to Florida was everything we would expect from this fine chain. We were warmly welcomed and quickly accommodated with a non-smoking room of our choosing on the upper level. It was clean, comfortable and offered a quiet night of rest and relaxation. The breakfast in the morning was nicely prepared and of good quality. Although the Inn is located in a very highly traveled area there was no discernible outside traffic noise. We would not hesitate to use this Comfort Inn again on our future travels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jack F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback and for staying at the Comfort Inn Dayton Miller Ln, we greatly appreciate it.you had an enjoyable stay with us, and found the staff helpful and courteous as well as a clean and comfortable room. We are also pleased that you enjoyed the full hot breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit through Dayton!

BS

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My stay at the comfort inn was great! My room was clean and for a non-smoking area of the hotel it was excellent as I could not smell any smoke. The breakfast was good with a variety of hot items. I also enjoyed swimming every day in the pool and relaxing in the hot tub. The hotel is next door to the Cracker Barrel and a variety of other restaurants in the area. A good place to stay at a good price.

Room Tip: Good location with a great choice of restaurants in the area!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Benjamin S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Dayton / Miller Ln., responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Patricia B.

We at the Comfort Inn strive to make our guests feel welcome and appreciate your complimentary review. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide outstanding service to all our guests.
We work very hard as a team to ensure that all our guests are comfortable and pleased while staying at the Comfort Inn Dayton.
On behalf of myself and the staff at the Comfort Inn Dayton we thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit!

Best regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Per the other reviews, you get what you pay for. The room was not fancy. While it was clean, it did appear dated and good stand to have a more thorough cleaning. We arrived somewhat late and I say many people coming and going as it is a busy property near other hotels and restaurants next to I-75 and I-70 in Dayton, Ohio. Unfortunately the people in the room just above us arrived in their room around 1:30am and I could hear every step as they walked back and forth between the bathroom and their bed. The front desk staff was friendly and only charged me for 2 people in the room even though I had four as I was honest about our number of guests and we had booked two rooms. It seemed like they were working hard to accomodate us. Unfortunately we left before breakfast was ready, but Tim Hortons right down the street was open early!

Room Tip: You may want to try to get a room on the top floor so you don't have anyone walking around above...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Benjamin S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Dayton / Miller Ln., responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Jeff C,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. We sincerely appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative, as this helps us determine what we are doing "right" as well as what areas we can improve on.

I sincerely apologize for the disturbance that you experienced .

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future, so that you may experience a clean and quiet stay. :)