Days Inn & Suites Dayton North
$130
$127
CrownePlaza.com
$80
All reviewsmarble counter topswi fioutdoor poolshopping and restaurantscomfortable bedsdayton areamicrowaveratesinterstate
Reviewed August 3, 2008

This hotel is older and in need of some help. Rooms were clean and mostly functional with refridgerator and microwave. Beds were terrible - needs new mattresses - could feel every spring in mattress. Our shower did not work properly and no maintenance to help out - so asked desk for a screwdriver and fixed it myself - but front desk did not seem to concerned that we could not use the shower. This hotel did have a nice outdoor pool which appeared to be clean and fun for my kids.

Continental breakfast OK for our family.

Other than price - $40 for a Friday night I would not recommend staying here - there are nicer hotels at this exit in Dayton (but not quite so economical).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
PittsburghCritic, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2009

New Management - Great Value!

The Days Inn & Suites located in North Dayton is operating under new management. We have made significant improvements through extensive renovations to all of our guest rooms. The Days Inn & Suites now offers great complementary services, including free continental breakfast, in-room hairdryer/coffee/iron & board, and free internet.

Please note other reviews on this site are outdated and do not reflect the management and renovations. We are confident that our Days Inn & Suites provides the best value at the best price in North Dayton.

Reviewed May 24, 2008

I will never stay here again. I had trouble with the door lock. Molding was falling off the wall. The light over the sink wouldn't turn on if the light in the shower was on and when it did work you had to play with the switch. The toilet rocked because it was fastened to the floor properly. The door handle for the shower was loose. To turn on the shower you had to pull the handle with a great deal of force. The handle spun freely so you couldn't adjust the temerature of the water. The bed was lumpy. The lady at front desk didn't seem to care about the condition of the room

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank hamtrip
Reviewed May 12, 2008

Clean basic motel. Fair price for what you get. Rooms were clean and location is great. Nothing fancy, bed wasn't very comfortable, and bathroom was small. This is a good place for a budget traveler. I don't understand people who expect the Hilton for $38.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 23, 2007

I stayed here a total of three nights when I went to Ohio for a funeral. I'm not sure what I paid for the first two nights because they were part of a terrific deal I got as a "Last Minute Package" from Travelocity. The third night was an emergency "check back in" when my flight home was canceled because of a blizzard in Washington: I paid around $40.00 for that night (a Sunday). The first room I was given had a broken door lock and an alarm clock that wasn't plugged in and was anchored down to a table too far away for the cord to reach an outlet. I was moved to a very pleasant room right next door, with a minifridge, coffee maker, a very comfortable bed and all the other usual amenities. The room I got when I checked back in was not nearly as nice. There was no minifridge and one of the clothes hooks fell off the wall; but the bed was nice and the room was warm on a very COLD night in Ohio. Breakfast was quite good for the price: a selection of breads for toasting, doughnuts, muffins, two choices of cold cereals, instant oatmeal, two juices, coffee, tea and a selection of fruits, served in a roomy and comfortable breakfast area near the check-in office. The hotel is in a good location, with numerous restaurants, a Hooters and a very good live-music bar within a very short drive, but I had no car and it was nearly impossible, on a busy highway, to get to most of those places on foot!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2006

I week ago i went to Dayton where I used to live for a funeral. I booked the hotel over the net trough Hotels.com cause I was under the impression that they no there stuff..... Wrong there..... They hotel was run down, the room was dusty-dirty, the beds well you seen the title. If you never seen what a spring inside the matress looks like then lay on the bed, you can feel and imagine what they look like. I as well as my wife and two kids endured this horrible place for three nights. I did not need to be that uncomftorable for those three emotionlally painful nights. The staff was freindly and they catered to what ever I asked. But never asked for a new bed. If you trying to save a buck then I suggest the dollar menu at mcdonalds...... Spring for the better Hotel....

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family