“HORRIBLE”

Days Inn & Suites Dayton North
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went through multiple rooms before I gave up. I had already cashed in Wyndham points, and it was too late at night to change. Room 129 was non-smoking and was sooty and dirty. Room 207 had a smoke detector that chirped because of the battery. Room 214 reeked of smoke so badly I couldn't enter the room. Room 208 smelled like cat urine. The room I'm in now has no running water in the shower. Stay away! Stay away! Stay away!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jason W
There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Dayton North

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My parents were kind enough to take my kids and I to the AF museum one weekend and booked this hotel for our overnight stay. My mom called them right before we got there and the woman that answered was very rude and couldn't find our reservation. She proceeded to carry on with 3 separate conversations without putting my mother on hold. When we arrived, my dad went in to check us in and she (the same woman I presume) still took about 20 minutes to check us in. We were given two rooms on the bottom floor that were separated by a room in the middle. We were told that we couldn't have the room in between because "it was in bad shape". After seeing the room I got, I am glad I didn't see the one that was what they considered to be in "bad shape". My room stunk. The beds were very poorly made, the bathrooms were filthy. There was hair in the bathtub and whisker shavings all over the bathroom counter. The washcloths were stained and the floors were terrible. I literally wouldn't allow my children to touch anything. There was still urine on the toilet seat. We immediately left to eat dinner and I requested a stop at Walmart to buy Lysol and antibacterial wipes. We got back to the room and I wiped down EVERYTHING. There were greasy hand prints all over the headboards which I cleaned and was disgusted to see what came off of them. GAG! Then when it was time to go to bed I pulled back the blankets and sure enough there were blood stains on the sheets. Needless to say, this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I'm just grateful that we didn't come home with bed bugs. I can with confidence say that we left that room in MUCH cleaner shape than we found it. Actually, if they still haven't cleaned it, it is probably STILL in better shape than we found it. RUN THE OTHER DIRECTION! Quickly!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Abbie C
Reviewed August 2, 2012

When we visited the States some years ago, we often used Days Inn when we were travelling because they offered good, reliable accommodation at a reasonable price but oh how things have changed - we booked into the Days Inn at Dayton-north for a 3 day stay but when we arrived we were horrified - the staff couldn't find our booking even though I had a confirmation on my laptop then when we saw the room - it was filthy, tatty and looked like it had never been cleaned. The clientele hanging around the foyer seemd less than desirable too; we just satyed in the room long enough to book into the Fairfield Marriott just up the road - fortunately they had a vacancy.
If Days Inn want to keep their reputation as a cheap reliable motel chain, they need to check on their proprietors.

Room Tip: Don't rely on the reputation of these chains - check on reviews etc before booking.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne L
Reviewed June 25, 2012

we had stay hear many times. they have a very good staff who tried to make comfortable any way they can. we had tiny problems like keys not working but the staff have it cover everytime. food was good had good breakfast just wish they had some hot food like eggs and sausage but overall great for the price. beds were comfortable nice carpet great overall hotell but the staff is best part of the experience i reccommend this hotel to anyone that likes peace and quiet.

Room Tip: dont have a fitness center
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Apparently under new management it seems this property is on the up and up. With very comparible rates and walking distance to everything on Miller Ln. (dozen chain restaurants, walmart, Tim Hortons, Gas/Convenience store, etc.)
I will admit I was skeptical after reading previous reviews but I was extremely pleased with the stay while I was there. Clean room, new sheets, no sign of bed bugs or anything shady, clean towels every day and a very friendly front desk staff.
The WiFi was a bit flaky at times but I chalked that up to technical issues with their provider as the slowness would only last a few moments.
While a basic hotel breakfast is provided, across the parking lot is "Pops Diner" where you get a discount with your room key and the omelets are pretty great with excellent coffee. For the price you'll pay, this is somewhere I would certainly consider again, especially considering the alternatives along this street.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Daksha P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for the great review. It is much appreciated and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I got a king bed on the second floor. I asked for a quiet room but I got a room that faced the highway. I could seen light under the door and around the door jam. It was like the door was open I could hear road noise all night long.

The internet worked and I recieved e-mails but could not send e-mails.

I would not recommend this hotel for any business stay. It was very unproductive.

Room Tip: If you have no other choice stay in the west side rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2012

When travelling down the lovely I-75 on our way down to the sunshine state we came across to this place. At first glimpse it looks like a nice enough place and really great discount for a couple of hours to sleep. So unpacking for the night and settling in our 2 little ones walked around for a bit stretching there legs and enjoying themselves. We get a phone call from the front desk asking if we were the room making the noise and to stop making the noise. I guess the sound barrier isn't too good in this place to have a 3 and 1 year old being loud walking. I find this place was a joke

Room Tip: Don't walk around Don't use traveller's cheques Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family