“Good for the value... not really a good place/area to stay.”

Days Inn Dayton South
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Scarborough
“Good for the value... not really a good place/area to stay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

It was a very last minute booking we made on the Columbus Day long weekend Saturday. We got this room at a fairly decent rate (just slightly over fifty bucks

We arrived late night and this inn consisted of two buildings which were not connected. Guy checked us in was the boss of the property. It was smooth and we were given a room in the next building. Room was just okay for an overnight stay and we were not picky as we just needed a room to sleep. Area was a little sketchy but were told it was a safe area.

We got everything we needed in the room and all basic stuff were provided. Room was clean and bed was alright. We did not get tried the breakast in the morning as we were in rush to down south. For the price, we were happy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ted C, Manager at Days Inn Dayton South, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Days Inn Dayton South. We look forward to providing you with great service and a nice safe room.

We will see you soon.
Days Inn Dayton South!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Lets begin with the state of customer service and the lack luster on using a online web site to book a hotel on the go. Hotels and hotels website are a thing of the past with customer service and guest respect . Last minute business trip to Dayton Ohio and was booked into this hotel with a rude manager and a smelly, small, disgusting hotel room. Bathroom was so small that you could not turn around in it. At no point in time did I feel comfortable nor was this hotel up to standards. Exterior doors hotels with questionable bed sheets with hair in the bed and things in hotel corners that gave the creeps not been cleaned in a long time. The internet service was terrible as well as I got out early in the morning to go somewhere else to get a shower at counterpart hotel room that has space in it. Also, the bathroom had a use wash cloth hanging over the shower rod. This hotel was terrible and has ended my career on booking anything on line. Just one terrible stay and lack of customer service. With over 220 nights a year in hotels around the world, and this one and the web site for hotels online booking should go.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Marcus Y, General Manager at Days Inn Dayton South, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your recent stay. Our goal at Days Inn Dayton South is for 100% guest satisfaction. I apologize that you didn't feel your expectations were met during your last stay with us. I hope that you will give us another chance to accommodate your lodging needs the next time you're in Dayton. If you have any comments or questions please feel free to contact me directly at the property.
Wilmington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

First when I made reservations by phone I was quoted the price of 29.99 for a 1 night stay using my auto/home insurance carrier. When I arrived, I was charged 39.99 and nothing could be done unless I came back later and talked to a manager. The room was very warm when I arrived and the tv remote did not work, the TV was very old and fuzzy. The bed had 3 very thin pillows and the bed was hard. Did not make for a comforatable stay. The ice machine shook so hard I thought it was going to blow up on me and took about 5 minutes to get a full bucket of ice. The air conditioner knobs were broke and could not be adjusted and when I went to use the hair dryer it broke in my hand!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Lori S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Extended Stay America - Dayton - South
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg

Been to Days Inn Dayton South? Share your experiences!