“This was our first motel attempt....but not our last” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Dayton South

Days Inn Dayton South
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Dayton
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“This was our first motel attempt....but not our last”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

My fiancé went in and asked if we could check the rooms. The guy told him we could so I walked in and checked the bathroom first. I noticed a towel didn't look clean so I pulled it down. Definitely dirty so I told my fiancé we could at this point still get the room (was trying to save him some money, I could clean it up and ask for fresh towels). I came out and pulled a sheet down and saw a hair. Just as I was telling my fiancé I could deal with the room if we had fresh linen for towels AND the beds, the clerk walks in yelling at me for pulling down the sheets. I told him the sheets had hair but we could take the room if we had fresh bedding and towels. He was so ticked he didn't care. He said "I'm checking the bathroom". As if I was a child. He came out raging. He yells at me to fix the bed. I'm thinking of my fiancé so I begin to fix it but the guy wouldn't stop yelling, and was threatening to call the police, so I threw the blanket back down and told him I didn't like his attitude, he said he didn't like mine. He threatened again to call the police if we didn't leave. I told him I wish he would call. We rushed out of there swearing off days inn forever.

The place was NASTY! If you have any self respect in your body, you'll not stay here! All I know of the guy was that he is of a foreign nationality. Unknown which nationality. I do not know his name, sorry.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, avoid this motel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Gosford, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had a voucher for a cheaper rate at this motel, the guy at the front dest was in an argumentative mood and would not accept the voucher. After 10 mins of arguing we got the voucher rate and went to our room. The room was clean enough and it was close to a number of restaurants. The WiFi worked ok and the shower was of the quality of most non American owned motels.
Not sure if I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need somewhere to rest your head with plenty of restaurants around it is ok.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Willard, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

Upon arrival, we found that the rooms were not completely cleaned. Evidence of prior guest's presents were visible. I had reserved two rooms. Outside of the building near the entrance, there was a bumble bee nest which was frightening. Room 201, were my guest was staying had his commode plug up and had to wait for someone to clear it out. Later, when we returned from our convention, we found that the hot water was not working- and this was for the entire building. We had planned to wash up before we went out for lunch this afternoon. During the sleeping hours, the air conditioners/heaters were noisy. Overall, our stay at this motel has not been a pleasant experience. At this point, I feel that it is fair that I be re-compensated for something as the stay was not worth what he and I had paid for.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Huber Heights, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

I was extremely disappointed with my stay at this hotel.. The ad stated that this hotel was recently renovated.. Well I don't consider new paint to be a huge renovation.. We were excited because there was a pool.. The pool was the only thing we weren't disappointed in.. The sink and bathroom area s were very dirty, hair was everywhere.. I called and complained so they put me in another room.. This room was a disaster as well.. There is supposed to be a microwave and fridge in the room.. Well the Microwave was sitting in the floor and not a fridge to be found!.. I complained to the company and I did receive an email from them telling me they were sorry and that someone from corporate was to call me to get further details.. Well that never happened.. Needless to say I will not stay in a Days Inn again. I would def think twice before staying in this establishment!.. Not a $65 a night hotel at all!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Braunschweig, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

I spent two nights during the Dayton Hamvention in the Days Inn Dayton Miamisburg on 1944 Miamisburg Centerville. The hotel is listed as an Econo Lodge and it seems to have changed the franchise recently.

There were a few good sides to the hotel, especially the low price, a clean bed and a central location right next to I-675 (which was a bad thing as well). I had no concerns with personal safety as the place seems to be located in a safe neighborhood.

The list of things that I did not like is quite long. The room was quite dirty and there was a damp smell coming at me when opening the door. Every night, I would leave the door open for 15 minutes in order to reduce the smell.

The rooms are of acceptable size but not quiet at all, being located right next to I-675. The mattress was worn out. On one of the two days, room service only removed the trash but otherwise did not clean or tidy the room. The toilet flushing would leak a bit, but the sound of running / dripping water did not propmt any action by the cleaning staff.

Breakfast was minimal and anyone coming after at 8am would have to live with what was left. Requests to refill some items would only be honored with lots of hesitation and some items would not be replenished.

Wireless worked fairly well in my room but not at all in the lobby.

Staff was difficult to work with and they would only help when I insisted. I needed a printed invoice and for some reason it took a few minutes of explanation until I got one.

If I happen to go back to Dayton, I will look for a differnt place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

My granddaughter and I had to stay in this motel for several days due to bad weather. The rooms were clean, everyone was pleasant and helpful, the breakfast was great. I travel a lot and usually spend double for a room like this.

• Stayed January 2010
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2008

Stay away from this place. When I got there, the desk clerk was cleaning rooms as people were checking in because none of the house cleaning people showed up that day. Three other families were already waiting for a room when we got there. One family I spoke with was assigned a room, but it was so dirty, they refused it and was trying to get another. This was 8:30 PM by the way. The neighborhood was a little iffy as far as safety. The doors at McDonalds next door was locked when we went there to try and find a hotel coupon book. Only the drive thru was open. We stayed somewhere else this night.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikeandwife91
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton South
Extended Stay America - Dayton - South
Value Place Dayton Miamisburg
Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton South

Been to Days Inn Dayton South? Share your experiences!