Marriott at the University of Dayton
$119
$80
Hotels.com
$127
All reviewsthe concierge loungeuniversity of daytonfull service hotelfront deskclose to downtowncomfortable bedcarillon parkbathroom doorbusiness tripnice staytorydelladianahaydeerenovationkathewedding
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The customer service here was great - very helpful front desk staff. There was a problem with my room service order and they corrected it right away and apologized. Also...the swimming pool is great! Half indoor, half outddor!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel multiple times. Our most recent was this past weekend for Family Weekend at UDayton. The hotel is clean and has the nice Marriott pillows and bedding. The rooms are very nice and all that we've ever stayed in have been spacious. The staff is helpful and accommodating. The bar and restaurant are good. Room service arrives quickly as do any other "extra" requests like pillows or towels. This was our 4th or 5th stay at this hotel and they were 100% full for the weekend. We were on the Concierge floor and the complimentary breakfast and coffee was great. The food was the typical that you will find in this type of setting but it was a great amenity for a busy weekend and the room was very nice. It was well staffed and the food was fresh and replenished frequently. In the past the was the only hotel that we had stayed at because you can't beat the proximity to campus. We procrastinated with booking for family weekend and weren't able to book here at first. We ended up at a downtown hotel and it was horrible. We called the Marriott first thing the next morning and they had immediate availability. We got out of the crummy bed we were in and moved to the Marriott in time for breakfast and nice showers.......it absolutely made our day! The hotel was prepared for a large crowd and I thought that they all responded great to a very busy weekend. Marriott is the only way to go when staying in the downtown or University area of Dayton

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Our 4 day convention was held at this hotel. I rated the value good because we got a special group rate. The room my husband and I shared was a king, but some of my
friends who shared a room and asked for a double were given a king and roll-a-way beds. They were not pleased. The beds were almost too soft with the pillow top, but still comfortable. Bathroom was clean everyday and when I asked, I was given an extra bath towel. Loved the citrus ginger shampoo! I couldn't seem to get the alarm clock to work, but I woke up early anyway. Maybe another day of trying would have helped. I didn't use the the indoor/outdoor pool or the exercise room, but I know some of the ladies did and enjoyed it until the soccer kids staying at the hotel got to the pool. One thing I didn't expect was paying to use the hotel's computer. $5.95 for 1-15 minutes or $24.00 for an hour. I've never been charged before. All in all, this hotel was a good place since all our meetings were right there in the ballroom.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I travel to Dayton quite often for work. This is the only hotel I will stay in while there. It's a older building but has been re-done in the last year.

This isn't a luxurious five star resort, but I don't think that exists in Dayton. But for the business traveler this is a a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2010

This was my third time I stayed here. This time, my watch was stolen. After calling the front desk, the person mentioned that it was "claimed by someone else at lost and found". I "lost" it when I went out for dinner the night before, and had placed it by my nightstand.

Last time I went there, another product of mine was stolen. After I contacted the hotel, the manager assisted me with obtaining a replacement of my stolen item. This time, Im not going to bother. It is unfortunate that there is so much theft at this hotel.

If you still choose to stay here, LOCK UP YOUR THINGS or take them with you.

I am really disappointed at this hotel and DO NOT RECOMMEND IT.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business