“HAPPY NEW YEAR”

Marriott at the University of Dayton
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were blessed to have such a wonderful place with such great staff close to the hospital our daughter had surgery in on Dec 31. The location, indoor pool, on site restaurants, etc. made the experience much easier on us than we had anticipated. There was a NY Eve do going on and the hotel sold out, but, except for a full parking lot that night, the staff handled the number of people in a very courteous and efficient manner and it appeared everyone had a great time.
The on site restaurant had a menu that would please most people and the service in the restaurant and lounge is exceptional. The facility is nice and the service kicks it up a notch.

Room Tip: Call ahead with your request so it can be noted. Then check in early enough so desk personnel can g...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lhabitat
Jamie H, General Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Greetings...Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had with our hotel in Dayton. We appreciate the feedback and excited to hear the great comments regarding our staff. I will certainly share your remarks with my team. We hope all went well with the surgery and look forward to hosting you in the future if your travels bring you to the Dayton area!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Overall, hotel was typical Marriott. Clean rooms, bathroom, and lobby. I had a little problem with the pool situation. One aspect I enjoy is a swim in the pool. Unfortunately, I was unable to do so at this hotel because it was the end of November and the pool is a half indoor/half outdoor. So the indoor half was half as cold as the outdoor. I spent my 30 min of pool time in the hot tub but really wanted to swim. They really need to consider a remedy to the half/half situation they have with the pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tika H

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel in Dayton. I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy the pool area upon your visit. I've shared your feedback with my engineering team to ensure we monitor the temperature more frequently. Despite the cooler temperatures in the fall and winter, we want you to be able to maintain your routine while visiting us. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly use this information wisely. We hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future with your travels within the Dayton area. Travel safe and travel brilliantly!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Was traveling from nc to ak and this was the worst of all the marriots, first their were like a ridiculous amount of kids everywhere, about the size of a middle school. Then we get to our room and it was very small!!! Much smaller than the courtyards or Fairfields we stayed in, on top of that the kids stayed up all night yelling through the hallways and it was impossible to find an open elevator as it was used as a carnival ride by all the minions there. Later in the night I was able to go downstairs to the bar and have a late meal with a few drinks and the service and food were awesome. Make sure you ask what events are going on during your stay when you make reservations.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank reaper69316
Jamie H, General Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Greetings from the Dayton Marriott hotel!!! I wanted to thank you for sharing the feedback on your recent visit to our location in Dayton, OH. We appreciate the time you took to express your concern during your stay with us. I'm tuly sorry that we were not able to meet or exceed your expectation upon your visit.
While we were hosting a youth and amatuer sporting event during your stay, I can understand your concern with the number of kids you may have experienced throughout the lobby and hotel. I am happy to hear that you were able to have an enjoyable experience within our lounge area.
I hope that this one event does not discourage you from choosing Marriott with future trips in Dayton or wherever you may be traveling. If we can be of any assistance to you during yout travel with hotel accommodations, I hope that you will reach out to us for assistance. We hope that you Travel Brilliantly!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Whenever I have business at the university, I stay here. The location is ideal and safe. The staff is helpful and the rooms are clean and nice. This is a standard Marriott in the traditional sense. It has the usual amenities, gym, restaurant/sports bar, a concierge level and a mini mart for the late night snackers. The rooms are amble in size and the bed is actually quite comfortable. If you are elite, definitely take advantage of the concierge services. I have stayed at other Marriott affiliated hotels nearby, but this is by far the best if you need to be near the university.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kimborkr

Hello and Greetings from Dayton!!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding a recent visit to our hotel in Dayton, OH. I am very appreciative of the time you took to compliment our hotel on it's services during your stay.

If we can ever be of any assistance to you with travel within the Dayton area, we hope that you will contact us in regards. We hope that you continue to Travel Brilliantly!!!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Dayton Marriott has excellent meeting space for a large conference and great menu items that consider a diverse group. They also provide shuttle service to the airport. They have a indoor and outdoor pool and nice workout facilities. Very close to the downtown area, across the street from area universities and restaurant onsight. The Buffet Breakfast offers a wonderful selection of hot/cold items. It is always nice to return and be greeted by a very professional and friendly multicultural staff. Pebbles Terrill, Rooms Operations Manager, is so outstanding and considerate of making the stay very enjoyable. Nick in the Concierge lounge politely greets guest and and makes everyone feel welcome. Even fellow guest speak well of the general manager and all that he does to help.

Room Tip: There is a nice field behind the hotel and body of water near patterson street
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Divinefellowship
Jamie H, General Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feeback on our hotel and services. I'm happy to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Our goal is to host brilliantly and I will surely take the time to recognize the individuals noted in your feedback with my team.

Again, we thank you for sharing the feedback on your recent visit and look forward to hosting you with any future travels that bring you to the Dayton area.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Arriving here at a later hour, had to park in BFE and walk about a quarter mile from the back back back parking lot to the entrance in the bitter cold. Not a good start.

Greeted at the entrance with a cloud of smoke from all the disgusting smokers who were ignoring the state law of having to smoke further than 20 feet from a public entrance. They were all standing huddled right in front of the door and the hotel staff did not do a thing about it, even after being notified.

Further greeted by underage kids drinking, stumbling around and vomiting in the bush... nice. Turns out they had some sort of gymnastics competition going on? Why does the hotel allow underage drinking on their property?

Positives: room was awesome. bar and restaurant were awesome. Staff were very friendly and professional (except for their lack of concern for smoking and underage drinking).

Room Tip: Don't go if they have an event going on involving kids.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MGoBlueBoy

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel and your experience while visiting. I see that you visited us earlier in the year. We thank you again for the kind words regarding our staff and services.

I'm sorry to hear that there were guests that prevented your experience from being 100%. I will surely share your feedback with my team as learning opportunities for future events. We look to learn from all of our guests experiences whether positive or negative. We thank you for sharing your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Got a great rate that included breakfast for this Marriott. It was nice to get out of the Courtyard/Hampton Inn type properties for a change. Check In service was easy. The room was what I was looking for...nice, quiet, comfortable, adequately stocked. The lounge stayed open late to accommodate a post wedding crowd, and they welcomed me as well. The breakfast was nice. The pool/sundeck area was dormant, but the set up looked like a great place to be in the summer months.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for providing us valuable feedback regarding our products and services that we provide. Our service team is committed to do whatever it takes to ensure every guest leaves 100% satisfied. I'm happy to hear the guest room provided just the right touch. I'm also grateful to hear the kind words regarding our hotel services and how we were able to accommodate you. We hope you will continue to choose the Dayton Marriott for all of your travel needs when you visit the area.