Marriott at the University of Dayton
$80
$127
$119
Hampton.com
All reviewsthe concierge loungeuniversity of daytonfull service hotelfront deskclose to downtowncomfortable bedcarillon parkbathroom doorbusiness tripnice staytorydelladianahaydeerenovationkathewedding
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Everyone treats you like family here. Sam in the Concierge Lounge is both professional and particularly fun to talk to! All special requests were accommodated; truly top-notch service. Making business travel to Dayton much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Scott_Trammel, Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Steph,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for personally recognizing Sam in the Concierge Lounge. Sam is a wonderful ambassador for the Dayton Marriott and gives it his very best to ensure every guest leaves the Concierge Lounge satisfied. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your requests and that you experienced an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband, small dog, and I enjoyed our stay here Memorial Day weekend. It was a busy weekend for the hotel, but we were cheerfully acknowledged every time we came and went. The entire hotel was very clean; the indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub was sparkling! The room was spacious and comfortable, well decorated, and you can't beat Bath & Body products in the bathroom. The restaurant and bar on site are worth a visit. (Try the brunch - it's amazing.) Aside from feeling very safe here, you are a short walk from a river walkway and Carillon Park. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Dayton!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott_Trammel, Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Heather,
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Dayton Marriott. I am so happy that every element of your stay met or even exceeded your expectations. Your words paint a wonder picture and we will continue to strive for all guests to have the same type of experience. I’m glad that you had time to visit the historical Carillon Park and the walking path located across the street. Thank you for choosing the Dayton Marriott and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Inn for 2 nights from Aug 23 to Aug 25 because of the Trans am Nationals held at the hotel. I was please on Thursday when I called for reservations, that there was still a room available for those nights. When I called to make the reservations, the representative told me what the cost of room would be plus taxes. I was even more pleased that the room rate was cheaper than what it said online. So we checked in late Friday and again the rates were discussed, which were the same, to be charged on the credit card. On Saturday, the staff went above their service and shuttled us to another location to continue on with a great night. Sounds like I should have give them a 5 star rating? Well I would have except for the fact that we were over charged by $60.00. On Sunday morning our bill was put under or door and was there in the morning for us to see what we were charged. The EXACT same as we agreed, so we went down checked out and received another statement of the bill and still the same. WELL, we checked our checking account on our way home, which was a 6 hour drive, and it said the Hotel bill was $60 dollars more than what was agreed upon from the first conversation to the last with hotel staff. So I called and talked to a supervior or manager of that hotel and explained to him what the problem was. He informed me that we were charged a "Room Service" rate which we NEVER used but were charged it anyways and it will be credited back to our account by in 3 to 4 days. NOW... If I used any additional charges from the stay, I can see being charged it at the time of checkout and even stated on our bill. EXCEPT, it wasn't! I told the staff that this additional charge was never told to us through any of the conversations I had from the time of booking the room to the time we check out. I was p off because I felt like the hotel was taking a "cheap shot" and charging us for something we never used.
In the future, this hotel needs to make their guests aware of any additional charges whether its used or not, to determine if they will stay there.

Room Tip: Beaware of any additional charges!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your candid feedback and I can certainly understand your frustration with the billing. All hotels obtain credit card / debit card authorizations for the projected amount to cover room, tax and a percentage for incidental charges. Incidental charges may include; valet, in-room movies, long distance telephone calls, and room service. The authorization is not a charge, but does place a hold on your available credit limit. Authorization holds are a way to protect the hotel from the guest making new charges on their card in the period between your check-in and check-out and thus failing to have available credit to pay for their stay. Once you check-out the authorization hold will convert to the true charge in typically 2 to 3 business days. We have hosted the Trans Am National for the past 4 years and have really enjoyed meeting all of the vendors, participants and spectators alike. I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again next year.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I travel to Dayton once a month for business. The Marriott Dayton is the best hotel I've found that accommodates a frequent business traveler like me. If you have access to the concierge room, you will find Richard who provides the best breakfast service with personal attention and in the evenings, Sam always will greet you with a smile, horderves, and serve you a beverage after a long day. Clean, Quiet, at a competitive price with a central location to everything including the university and good restaurants.

Room Tip: Join the Marriott rewards program to build status to get free upgrades the the concierge floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Scott_Trammel, Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Bill,

Thank you for choosing the Dayton Marriott. We value your business and appreciate your continued loyalty. Richard and Sam will be thrilled to hear that you have personally recognized them for their attentive service. Our Concierge Lounge service score ranks near the top with the Marriott brand. We are very proud of those results. We hope to continue to see you on a monthly basis with your business travel.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This is my hotel of choice when I am in Dayton which has been rather often this past year. The service and quality competes with the same chain in larger cities. The staff, including the Concierge lounge, are excellent.

Over the 20 plus stays, I have never had a negative experience!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Dayton Marriott over the years. We value you as a customer and thank you for the feedback that you have provided. I am thrilled to hear that the quality of our service exceeded your expectations. We will continue to strive for excellence.