“Outstanding”

Marriott at the University of Dayton
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have kids at UD so stay at the Dayton Marriott at least five times a year. We have never had a bad stay. The staff is outstanding. I would recommend to anyone to stay at the Dayton Marriott on Patterson.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Scott_Trammel, Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear John,

Thank you for the postivive feedback. Visiting your sons and daughters away at college is a very special time and I'm happy we can help facilitate some of those special memories. We look forward to your future visits over the next few years or until graduation! Thank you for your Marriott loyalty and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Traveling for work is never pleasant, but these past few weeks, the staff at Marriott Dayton have treated me so well that it has made the trip (almost) bearable! But seriously, the hotel is great and the perfect mix of value and quality. Next time I have to travel to Dayton, I will be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Dayton Marriott. We know that travel isn't always easy and I'm glad that we were able to make your trip as pleasant as possible. Thank you for your positve comments regarding the staff servcie, value and quality of the hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is one of the better Marriott concierge lounges in terms of snacks and ambience. What really sets it apart though is the staff. A very nice and courteous group! The front desk staff is equally helpful. I travel to Dayton several times a year and the Dayton Marriott is my preferred hotel. The fitness center is very good and there is also a good running trail along the river.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Robert,

Thank you for recognizing our Concierge Lounge as being one of the better Marriott lounges. it means so much to us to be mentioned in this manner. We take great pride in our product and service that we provide. I was also happy to hear that the front desk was helpful and that our fitness center met your needs. Thank you for commenting about the running trail which is located directly across the street from us. This is an awesome trail that goes for miles. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nick at the front desk was exceptionally helpful! He made my experience great and because of his helpfulness, I would recommend this hotel to others. I was looking for a hotel to stop for the night while on a road trop. It was after 10 pm and I did not want to pay full price for just a short stop so Nick found another hotel in the Marriott family just down the road that would keep my family and pet for the night. He called them first and printed off directions.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to recognize one of our associates. I am so happy to hear that Nick made a positive impact on your hotel experience. I'm glad that he was able to find a close Marriott hotel with availability that me all of your needs. Thank you again for your feedback and your Marriott loyalty.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Avoid lower floors (4 and lower) and rooms that face the pool and restaurant vents. If you get room 320, hurry and run back to the front desk to have your room changed: some of the rooms suck in the foul odor from restaurant vents and noise, strong smell of chlorine and humidity from the pool. Oh and the beds were extremely uncomfortable.
Honestly, if it weren't for the event we were attending, we'd have stayed somewhere else for a better value of the same cost, such as Hampton or DoubleTree nearby, at least they serve complimentary breakfast there...

Room Tip: 5th floor and up for better air quality.
1  Thank UsagiYojimbo

Dear Usagi,

I wanted to apologize for the challenges that you encountered with your most recent stay at the Dayton Marriott. When a guest checks in to a Marriott hotel, they expect to be greeted by freindly and knowlegable staff, quality accomodations and a peaceful nights sleep. In this instance, we failed to deliver and for that I sincerely apologize. Thank you for bringing these items to my attention. Rest assured that I will use your experience to further investigate the restaurant / pool odors filtering into the guest rooms. Thank you for staying with us and please notify me if your travel brings you back to Dayton and I will personally make every effort to ensure your stay is delightful.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great staff - friendly, accommodating, couldn't be better. The rooms are nice, clean, and mine happened to have a patio and direct access to the pool area. I would have been happy to stay for a month if I could afford the time away. The only negative I can think of is that breakfast is too expensive, but I guess it's typical of these places.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

I just wanted to send you a quick thank you note for taking the time to complete this survey. We really appreciate and value your comments and suggestions. I am pleased to hear that the staff service met your expectations and the room with the patio was a pleasant surprise. Thank you for commenting on the breakfast pricing as well. We evaluate our pricing several times a year and will bring your feedback to our next pricing meeting. Thank you again for choosing Marriott and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Cheryl at the front desk made all the difference !!!!! A happy smile , great attitude and great knowledge of the hotel get off to a great stay...The concierge lounge is one of the Mariotts best. Top 2 floors have a balcony...the hotel is also very clean which you don't see very often these days...Marshay was very helpful too

Dear Maxi,

I would like to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay at the Dayton Marriott and for taking the time to comment on the excellent service that you received. So may times, excellent service is expected and goes unrecognized. Thank you for personally recognizing Cheryl and Marshay at the front desk and for your positive comments regarding the concierge lounge and our balcony rooms. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to Dayton.