Marriott at the University of Dayton
$127
CrownePlaza.com
$80
$127
All reviewsthe concierge loungeuniversity of daytonfull service hotelfront deskclose to downtowncomfortable bedcarillon parkbathroom doorbusiness tripnice staytorydelladianahaydeerenovationkathewedding
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Dayton is no Mecca but there is no reason you can't have a solid Hotel there. This Marriott did the trick. Check in was fast, my room was clean, the plumbing worked, the AC was not excessively noisy and the breakfast was not overpriced. Down side was the sagging mattress and the slightly late delivery of room service. All things, however, this property is OK and I would return if the need arose

Room Tip: check the bed before accepting the room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Scott_Trammel, Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Jake,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Dayton Marriott and for taking the time to complete the survey. Your opinions and comments are very important to us and allow us to continue improving the products and services we deliver. I was happy to hear that for the most part the hotel met your needs. I do apologize for the sagging mattress and timing of the room service. I will address both of these matters. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Dayton.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed with two friends on June 6th and just had a wonderful experience. I work in the hotel industry and I was very pleased with our stay. I'd like to point out two employees: Nick, and I believe Cheryl? (I'm hoping that's correct). They took really good care of us in making sure we got to where we needed to go and answered all of our questions. Very professional staff and very clean rooms. I was very impressed with my stay and would highly recommend the property!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Amy,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Dayton Marriott and for recommending us to other travelers! I'm glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that Nick and Cheryl made a great impression on you. We appreciate your business and loyalty to Marriott and look forward to seeing you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is by far the best hotel in Dayton. You can expect the best of a full- service hotel when you stay here. The reason is the great employees. From the time you check-in to the time you check-out, the staff are always making sure your stay exceeds your expectations.

Our most recent visit started with the staff (Marsay - Front Desk greeting me by name upon arrival. I was impressed that she remembered my name along with others in our group. All of our group believe that she is wonderful). The staff really go out of their way to make sure your needs are met.

Our soccer team has stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last month. Each time we have stayed here it has been a great experience.

The hotel offers a great breakfast with made to order omelettes. The pool and spa are well kept and there is plenty of space to kick back and relax in the evening at Sharky's - the poolside patio. The rooms are well-maintained and very comfortable.

When choosing a hotel in Dayton, this will always be our only choice.

A note to the staff, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Room Tip: Even number rooms have a great view of the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent stay at the Dayton Marriott and for taking the time provide us valuable feedback. Receiving feedback means a tremendous amount to us and I couldn't agree more with your analysis of Marshay and the entire guest services team...I am proud of them as well! Thank you again for staying with us and hope your team can stay with us again for the next Dayton tournament.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I checked into the Marriott on 5/17/2013 and left on 5/22/2013. This Marriott is typical however the employees make the stay well worth checking out. The staff at the front desk is very friendly and did every thing I asked to make our stay comfortable. The bar and restaurant staff is friendly, the breakfast is outstanding with made to order omelets. The hotel is centrally located and the only reason I am not given is five starts is the bathroom would not cool after a shower, you know the wife and her makeup.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkHWilliams
Scott_Trammel, Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Dayton Marriott. We pride ourselves on the service that we provide and it sounds as if we made a great first impression. I was happy to hear that our location met your needs and that you enjoyed our full service breakfast buffet as well. We hope that you will have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Bed and pillows were great. In town for a friends wedding. Had fun in the bar for late night drink with friends. Easy and quick check-in. Overall a great stay for the price, Would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for commenting on your recent stay at the Dayton Marriott. I am happy to hear that you had a plesant experience with a quick check-in and had a fun time in our outlets. We hope you will think of the Dayton Marriott the next time your travels bring you back to Dayton.