“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Dayton
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Dayton Marriott this past weekend. It is a typical Marriott property with friendly service and a comfortable room. I was pleasantly surprised that the wireless internet was included in the price (I'm hoping that all Marriott's follow through with this policy) and it worked well throughout the hotel. The room itself had a comfortable bed with a big flat screen tv and plenty of channels to choose from. Single cup coffee maker also in the room (suggestion - please include liquid creamers in the room - powdered creamer is not good).

Had access to concierge room on the 6th floor which was very nice. We went up in the evening and had a cup of coffee and cookies. (Wished it was available on the weekends). Also went to the restaurant for lunch, and both our lunches and service were very, very good. I would stay again.

Room Tip: get a room with concierge access
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jamie_hill, General Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I can not say that every property will provide the complimentary internet access throughout the hotel, however, this is feedback we will share with our team as well as the brand.
Thank you for the suggestion regarding the guest room. Safe travels to you and yours and I hope to be able to host you in the future upon your next visit to the Dayton area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Pound, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

April 5-7, 2013
Our nephew was married in Dayton, OH and we were members of bus group from Peshtigo, WI the Marriott Dayton was recommended by the bridal couple and we were given a group rate of $89.00 per night. The hotel is more geared to business conventions or groups-restruant is very pricey $15 for breakfast-sports bar and grill was also pricey more geared to local sports teams than to out-of-town travelers with familes as service was slow and more interested in servicing individuals at the bar than guests at tables. As this hotel is in downtown area with limited other restruants, grocery or retail stores for without auto access our group felt rather limited in their choices for dining or other activities. Internet service in rooms had a cost of $13.00 unless you have negotiated no-cost as our group did, however watch your bill on checkout had to have ours adjusted. Hotel only has Starbucks vending dispensor for coffee (unit is not user friendly and many in our group experienced issues) in lobby with other beverages self dispensing refrigerator unit-guests must pay for selection at hotel desk.
All Hotel areas were very clean and well kept and staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Choice hotel rooms on top floor which include more emnities!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from the Dayton Marriott hotel. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding a recent visit with our hotel. This is very much appreciated. I'm sorry to see that we were not able to meet and exceed all of your expectations, however, when you visited our hotel.
I greatly appreciated the specific information you've shared regarding your stay and will share this with my team at the hotel. I trust that your travels to your next destination were uneventful and I hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future at our Marriott hotel.
Petoskey, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel is located on the south side of Dayton near the universtiy and Oakwood village. I arrived late, about 10 pm, thhe first room that I was given had not been cleaned so I went back downstairs and asked for another room...no apology, no offer of help...just another key was handed to me. I'm not that picky but I was disappointed in the original room and customer service. The next room had been cleaned...somewhat. The coffee maker still had somebody's coffee in it, there was a dark smear of snot on the bedskirt and a used damp washcloth hanging from tyhe tub curtain bar. I told them about this the next morning when checking out and I got a weak apology...almost like they were afraid I'd ask for the room to be "comped." I haven't stayed there since.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your visit with our hotel. I'm truly sorry that we were not able to meet and exceed your expectations. I'm thankful, however, that you've shared this information regarding the issues you experienced. I'll be sure to share this with my team in the opportunity of training around such matters.
I hope that this experience does not pursuay you from choosing our wonderful hotels at Marriott. Please feel free to contact me personally if you should happen to be in the Dayton area in the future. We would love to have the opportunity to regain your trust in our hotel by delivering exactly what you expect in a hotel stay.

Jamie Hill
mhrs.dayoh.gm@marriott.com
Rootstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice. Stay on private 6th floor for a little more money and get complimentary snacks, pop, bottled water, fruit, desserts and breakfast. Very nice pub/restaurant attached. Nice pool area. Indoor and outdoor. A park is located behind the hotel for walks , playground. No negatives.

• Stayed April 2013
Hello Karen,

Thank you for your great comments regarding your stay with us. I'm very much appreciative that you took the time to complete a survey on our team here in Dayton. I'm glad you were able to experience the Concierge level and my team will be happy to hear the feedback as well. All the best to you and enjoy your future travels. Please feel free to contact us upon your next trip to the Dayton area.
Adams, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed 4 days at the Marriott Dayton for the RISE conference and could not be happier. Nice little pub in the hotel and snacks and beverages available at the desk. Room was great, very clean and well maintained. Staff was super and met all needs. Shuttle available for getting around. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello John, Thank you for your great comments regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that our staff was able to provide you with the quality service all our guests deserve. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a great time with the conference and that we met and exceeded your needs. Thank you taking time out of your day to share this feedback with us. This will be shared with my team at the hotel and I hope to see you in the future on upcoming trips to Dayton.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was the "overflow" media hotel for the 2nd/3rd round NCAA games, and I'm glad it was. I can't imagine the Courtyard across the street from UD Arena tops this.
Standard Marriott decor and layout. The difference is the people. Pebbles at the registration desk and Liz in Parmizzano, the main restaurant, were exceptional. In fact, all the ladies with Liz on the breakfast shift were outstanding. Everything smelled clean and fresh, and that's a big plus when making a first impression. Hope to get to cover this event at this venue again to hang out here a few days.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ColorBars
jamie_hill, General Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your great comments regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that our staff was able to provide you with the quality service all our guests deserve. I very much appreciate you recognizing particular individuals on our staff. We appreciate your loyalty with Marriott and we look forward to your next stay with us when you are in the Dayton area.
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've stayed at this Marriott several times. I think overall they do a great job. The hotel was busier than normal because of the NCAA basketball games being held at UD Arena. My only suggestion from this stay would be that they serve food in the bar later than midnight when there are a lot of extra guests there because of the tournament. People from the Iowa State/ Notre Dame game didn't get back to the hotel (from the game) until around midnight. It would have been nice if the bar was still serving food at that time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AndrewBVA
Thank you for your great comments. We are happy to hear that our staff was able to provide you with the quality service all our guests deserve. Thank you also for the feedback regarding the late night opportunity with our food and beverage options. We will surely review this for upcoming opportunities. We appreciate your loyalty with Marriott and we look forward to your next stay with us when you're visiting the Dayton area. I hope you enjoyed the games while in town.