“Another great stay”

Marriott at the University of Dayton
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've stayed at this Marriott several times. I think overall they do a great job. The hotel was busier than normal because of the NCAA basketball games being held at UD Arena. My only suggestion from this stay would be that they serve food in the bar later than midnight when there are a lot of extra guests there because of the tournament. People from the Iowa State/ Notre Dame game didn't get back to the hotel (from the game) until around midnight. It would have been nice if the bar was still serving food at that time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AndrewBVA
jamie_hill, General Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for your great comments. We are happy to hear that our staff was able to provide you with the quality service all our guests deserve. Thank you also for the feedback regarding the late night opportunity with our food and beverage options. We will surely review this for upcoming opportunities. We appreciate your loyalty with Marriott and we look forward to your next stay with us when you're visiting the Dayton area. I hope you enjoyed the games while in town.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Recently stayed at the Dayton Marriott. The staff was so helpful and caring. My son is a student in the area and needed out patient surgery. The morning of surgery they had our car ready at 5:00am and were helpful giving directions to a pharmacy, etc. All the staff was caring and made our stay so comfortable. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit with us in Dayton. We are happy to hear that our staff was able to provide you with the quality service all our guests deserve. I'm happy to hear that the team was able to exceed your family needs while visiting. We appreciate your loyalty with Marriott and we look forward to your next stay with us when you are in the Dayton area.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was not impressed with this Marriott at all. The people at the front desk were friendly. The people in the bar were not. The bartender did not want us to sit in a section because she had already "cleaned it." It was the only large area that our family could sit to watch the basketball tournaments on the TV. It was not late in the evening. The room was small and the bathroom was very tight. I would not recommend this Marriott.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol N

Thank you for the candid feedback on our hotel and its services. I apologize that we were not able to meet and exceed your needs. I will review your comments with our team as this gives us the opportunity to learn from our mistakes and prevent them from happening in the future. Though we were not a high recommend for you on this particular trip, I hope that this does not discourage you from visiting other Marriott properties upon future trips. Our deepest apologies!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

For a one night buisness stay this hotel was good. The accessibility form major roads is good, and the standard of the hotel is ample. I did find the HVAC particularly loud although nothing a set of earplugs couldnt take care of.

The rooms were pretty standard Marriott.

I have marked this average on the basis that it is exactly that - no more no less.

Reccomended? Sure - it is what you will expect from a Marriott experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I thank you for the comments related to our hotel on your recent stay. I apologize that we were not able to far exceed your expectations while in the Dayton area. I will share your comments with my team in the hopes of improving in areas of need.

We hope to have the opportunity of exceeding your expectations upon your next trip to Dayton. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have stayed at the Dayton Marriott for the past 20 years and have always been treated well during our stay. The rooms have always been clean as well as the rest of the hotel. We have enjoyed the buffet breakfast many times. Their location is great for the sporting events that we attend plus close to great restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very kindly for the wonderful comments on our hotel and services. We are very thankful for your loyalty and look forward to servicing you in many more years to come with your visits to Dayton. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you personally upon your next visit.

We are happy to hear that our staff was able to provide you with the quality service all our guests deserve. All the best and travel safe!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Decent Marriott. We stayed here on our way from NC to MI. The hotel stay was very friendly and helpful. The only downside- the bed was way too soft. I have traveled quite a bit, and it was one of the softest beds I've been in. Marriott needs to change the bed in Room 237! The pool looked inviting. It is the center of the complex. We ran down to get beverages and apps to go- the hummus was pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel and it's services. I'm happy to hear that my team was able to take care of your needs while in town. I will share your feedback with my team as well regarding the bed....thank you for sharing this in particular.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Dayton Marriott is conveniently located, is easily accessible, has very adequate parking, and has a very welcoming feel. The rooms are fine,and the breakfast is very good. The staff members have always been very helpful. I have stayed here several days a year for about fifteen years and have always been pleased with the experience. Most times I have been in town for a group activity and the special rate I have felt was a very good bargain.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CAB1236

Greetings and thank you for your great comments regarding our hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering the service you, the traveler expect and I'm thrilled we've been able to accomplish this. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person upon your next visit.

We appreciate your loyalty with Marriott and we look forward to your next stay with us when you are in the Dayton area. Travel safe!