“Good food and libations!”

Burntwood Tavern Brecksville
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Brecksville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

A favorite of mine! I can always count on a quality experience and an accomodating staff to address any issue that arises. We eat here about once a week and I frequently get take-out (and a drink while waiting :-) . I love the variety of choices on the menu. The salmon is great and so are the salads, but above all are the shrimp tacos. My favorite.

My other half is a picky fellow and not a fan of condiments ...which is never an issue...he gets exactly what he asks for and if there is an oversight...it is promptly corrected..

The restaurant has a nostalgic look that really adds to the experience and the barkeeps are very friendly and estute about recounting the "regulars" favorites. The atmosphere is just great- very positive staff that keep the good energy flowing.

If you enjoy the "friendly bar" atmosphere...you'll love Scott, Angela, Jodi and Justin...they are just gems! The management does an excellent job of picking a team that ensures satisfaction and a high degree of quality customer service.

Overall, the experience is enjoyable and warrants return after return!

1  Thank Mimi823

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was about our fifteenth visit and if I could graph the quality of the food - the line on the graph would definitely be heading south. I don't know what is happening with the chefs (I do know that there is another 'new' one) but something is not working. It may be they are trying to cut back on good ingredients - whatever it is, they need to pay attention because we find we are now frequenting other restaurants. One example is the tomato, basil, flatbread pizza - it was served without the basil and it was served cold - the cheese had already solidified. Our waitress was great - she took the pizza back to get the basil and then when I couldn't eat any of it - she did take it off the bill.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The restaurant has a nice atmosphere to it. The food was good but not something where I said "I have to go back". Service was "ok", not in a hurry but nice personality. I think this place makes for a great "get a drink after work place" with good values for happy hour and appetizers.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We celebrated a birthday here a few weeks ago. We decided to wait a little longer for a patio table and it was worth the wait. All of our meals were fantastic and the service was really good. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Burntwood Tavern is located in the Historic Spanish Tavern location on Route 21 at Fitzwater in Brecksville.

The community needed another strong player and I think that Burntwood is the right group for this location.

If you're in the Brecksville area this is a place you should definitely try.

We stopped in for an early dinner on August 1, 2013 and Ben was our Server. The Service was outstanding and we recommend him highly.

The decor is consistent with the other Burntwood locations and the way they refitted this historic building for their theme is very nicely done. http://www.burntwoodtavern.com/

The food overall was very good and the menu was different from the local competitors. Yes it's a tavern, yes it has a wood fired grille, and that's where the similarity stops.

I had the sugar crusted Salmon with roasted vegetables with a sun dried cherry sauce. It was prepared perfectly and well presented. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The lady had a very tasty yet simple Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and it was done to perfection and served correctly.

We shared a nice bottle of Chateau Ste. Michelle Reisling priced at a reasonable $32.00 and topped dinner off with a nice seasonal dessert.

I see much to recommend here at Burntwood Tavern and believe you will enjoy it too.

I do not find them on Open Table yet so you may benefit from looking at the website http://www.burntwoodtavern.com/ to get an up to date look. I think the place will fill up pretty quick and that means a reservation during the dinner hours might be a wise idea.