“Train ride :-)”

Cuyahoga Valley National Park
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Boarded at farthest northern point, went roundtrip. Lots of stops. I expected a tour guide of sorts, but didn't know it was only on one car or maybe on "dome" level? We never left the train to explore. My hubby had a couple nice naps. We got up to get a snack only to find our seats taken by boarding passengers , oh well we sat behind the couple we were with . It was very relaxing and I hope to go again soon :-) Next time I will explore!!

2  Thank Mary B

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This National Park is an urban park, very different from the parks out west, but has some very beautiful places. One of my bucket lists is to see every major National Park, and we have seen 49 out of the 58 National Parks. What impressed me about this Park is the fact that the river is so clean today compared to what it was in the late 60's, when it burned. Even the eagles have returned! This park is a tribute to the environmental movement.

5  Thank ChuckBrooks
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a fun and informative park that shows what life was like along the canal before Cleveland became a large city.

2  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed June 29, 2014

There are so many trails and park ares to see. Definitely do your research to pick and choose. Stop at visitor center and ask for recommendations because the map was overwhelming with 120 miles of trails. But know ahead if you want wooded, paved, unsaved, hilly, flat, challenging, rocks, etc. We saw brandywine falls, the towns of peninsula and boston mills, and did the ledges trail(highly recommend!). Ran out of time but wanted to do blue hen falls and salt run trail too. Definitely bring bikes if you them. Cover much more ground that way. I was disappointed that there wasn't more shopping or dining in either little town. We ended up at winking lizard for lunch in peninsula which was one of two or three choices in the area that we could see.

1  Thank JenColumbus_OH
Reviewed June 28, 2014

So Green & beautiful, well worth a visit. Unfortunately it was a rainy day
Lovely for bike riding & hiking.
Near the road you get Thomas the engine for Kids to have a good time, its also enjoyed by the adults.

1  Thank DilrukshiH