“Good Location”

Cumberland Island Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in St. Marys
Reviewed August 12, 2008

We stayed at the Cumberland Inn the night before our trip to Cumberland Island and would recommend it for anyone doing the same.
It is an older hotel, but updated and very clean. They do offer free internet access and breakfast. If your look for a 5 star place, this hotel is not for you, but for the average traveler, it quite nice and we will stay there again when we visit the island.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed July 21, 2008

Well, it is a motel and not a luxury resort, but: it is cheap (a room is around 80 $ per night), it is clean, it has large rooms and offers a decent breakfast. It looks like it underwent some recent remodeling too. It is by far your best choice in St.Marys, though it’s not in the historic area (it will take you 5 minutes to get there by car). Go there and don't be fouled by other places.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed May 29, 2008

After a bad experience at the Goodbread Inn in St. Mary's, we moved to the CumberlandI Island Inn. Were we ever happy we did. Big rooms, extremely clean, refridgerator, microwave, and coffee machine. Very comfortable beds. I slept great. Hosts were gracious. Included breakfast began at 6:30 for early risers like me and it was great. Fruit, yoghurt, waffles, eggs, sausage, juice, cereal, etc. All you wanted--terrific. I was puling a boat and there was plenty of room for parking. Two of us paid 89 bucks--45 each for a great room and breakfast. You can't beat that in St, Mary's. I won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2007

We stayed one night before catching the ferry to Cumberland Island. We paid $99.00 a night and that included taxes. We had two queen beds in one room and a pullout couch in the living area. There were five people in the group. It is a deal. We ate the free breakfast the hotel offers in the lobby. It was fine. The only thing negative was my son left his Nintendo DS charger in the hotel room. I did not notice until we got back in the car and he wanted to play on the ride home. We called the hotel to inquire about it and we were disconected. I'm not sure if f they hung up or what happened. I did not call back. After being on Cumberland for three days I just wanted to drive back to Atlanta. I think the hotel thought we were going to ask them to mail it back. We weren't, we were still in town. I ended up going to Walmart and buying another one.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2007

When planning a trip to Cumberland Island, this motel is a safe bet, especially if bringing children. The B&B's in the area are nice for adults, but these clean, spacious rooms, with the convience of the fridge and microwave are a good choice for the price.
The pool is screened, and clean, although not fancy. The staff was pleasant, but limited in local information. (Check out other reviews here on TripAdvisor first) The free breakfast, with some hot items was a good way to start the day. There is a convenient shopping plaza and movie theatre right accross the highway. It's short drive to the ferry and waterfront, but St Mary's shops tend to be spread out anyhow. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beccas
Reviewed March 25, 2007

This review is a bit late, but just found out about TripAdvisor in February.... Sorry for the lateness.

On to the review....let me first preface this by saying I am from St. Marys. I never had to stay at a hotel here until December when I went home to surprise my mother for her birthday. Being from there, I kind of knew of Cumberland Inn and was not all that crazy about staying there, but I had other relatives that were staying there and I thought I'd give it a shot.

The room I stayed in was totally out of date. Very old and musty and knowing of those nasty insects - cockroaches - I fully expected them to come out of every corner of the room (thankfully they did not!) Our room was on the top floor of the first building nearest the lobby. Be careful if staying there on a weekend night or during any kind of convention/gathering!!! The two nights we stayed, there were two separate parties / events going on in the bar & meeting room next to the lobby and boy was it loud! Booming music until 2 or 3 am, people hanging outside in the parking lots yelling and screaming, people parked in the middle of the drive paths not letting you by - just hanging out talking to others. Calls to the front desk mainly went ignored. Luckily, we were tired enough that by 3:00 am, we went to sleep.

I should have known better! I just feel bad for my poor relatives, who are a bit older, that they had to deal with this madness too!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZeusMonster
Reviewed March 11, 2007

I thought this hotel was above average with it's amenties.Continental breakfast,bar pub, pool,(outdoor) suites with full kitchen,close to grocery market, close to Jax Airport, friendly staff, comfortable beds. Affordable room rate for what you get. The only down side would be that the hotel needs some updating of the rooms which are located in 3 separate buildings. Also, about a couple miles from historic downtown St. Marys,very quite lovely town. Eat at Seagle's, GREAT FOOD.

Stayed: March 2007
Mariners Suites
Mariners Suites
#14 of 21 in Kingsland
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Best Western Plus Kingsland
Seaside Amelia Inn
Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kingsland

Been to Cumberland Island Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!