“Always top quality”

Ranked #9 of 60 Restaurants in St. Marys
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I agree that this is a great girls' lunch place, but my husband and our male customers from out of state give it rave reviews, too. A must try - first Monday of the month - whiskey crab soup. So amazing, full of flavor and creamy. I like the lunch tea and almond scones with the adult grilled cheese and choice of meat. Also can't beat the individual quiches. My husband loves the chicken crepes with asparagus and mushrooms. Reservations absolutely necessary except in rare instances. This place is so popular.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you love fresh salads, sandwiches, and desserts, you should go to the Mad Hatter Tea Shop! I always get the lunch tea which includes a scone and strawberry jam and fresh whipped cream.

2  Thank Vicki M
Reviewed April 9, 2014

On a recent visit to family in Georgia we stopped at the Mad Hatter for lunch. What a delightful place with a very unusual and varied menu. The service was friendly and helpful, the food delicious, fresh and with a big choice.

We love the US but many of the 'chain' restaurants offer too much of the same standard fare so it was lovely to find somewhere with a more individual feel. It is clear that a lot of thought has gone into the menu and a lot of love into the preparation and presentation of the food and drinks.

Our three-year old granddaughter was thrilled to have her lemonade in a small teapot with a pretty china cup and saucer. So much nicer than a plastic tumbler with a straw.

We even bought a nifty device to put in our teapot at home to stop it leaking when pouring out the tea!

We will hopefully be back again next year, but are sure our daughter and family will be visiting again very soon as they live locally.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is real cute little lunch place with limited hours...but so worth it. We had ordered some cupcakes for our wedding...and these weren't just any ordinary cupcake! I would highly recommend the banana one that had cream and custard? In it...OMG ..whatever it was.. My mouth watered for days after that just thinking about them.. :)

Reviewed March 2, 2014

i loved living in ga and by far this was my favorite to eat! loved their scones and home made jam! love love love!