“This is the standard for a Bed and Breakfast! Cozy, comfortable, Delicious”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Marys
Emma’s Cottage House
Ranked #3 of 3 St. Marys B&B and Inns
ANDERSON
“This is the standard for a Bed and Breakfast! Cozy, comfortable, Delicious”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Oh my goodness, I am gushing. This is one of the best B&B experiences that I have had. My husband and I stayed at Emma's on St. Mary's for four nights. We stayed in room 501, which is more of a little bungalow off the back of the property.

I will say, that I was a little nervous when I booked, the person on the phone did not seem very friendly but after reading many reviews of B&B's in the area, I decided to put my worries aside and just see.

WHen we arrived, I still wasn't sure, the proprietress did not seem very friendly. However, I have to say, I came to really like her and found her to be a very friendly person.

On to the room, it was beautiful, really, after climbing the stairs, when you open the door you walk into a nice sitting area with a sofa and a large chair and ottoman. There is a television with a television on top in this space as well. This is a very pretty room that I don't fell that I am describing adequately.

There is a narrow little hallway that leads to a cute little bathroom and then into the cute bedroom. The mattress is so comfortable it is better than my mattress at home, which is hard to beat. The room was so secluded that it was very quiet. We slept well every night that we were there. Even when we were in the room at one in the afternoon, there were no noises that would be distracting or aggravating. On the porch of this little room, there are two comfortable chairs that you can sit outside in and enjoy your surroundings. This room is positioned in such a way that I felt like we were in the trees and that was a great unexpected treat.

Every morning we had really great breakfasts. The first morning was grits, eggs, and country ham(I don't eat pork, for health reasons but my husband loved the ham!). WE also had a really good waffle and then some pretty and tasty french toast. I loved breakfast every morning that we ate it.
As far as cleanliness, I really need a clean environment. I have gone out and bought cleaning products, in the past, when I found housekeeping lacking in a place that I was staying. The definitely not a problem at Emma's everything was very clean. The carpet, the restrooms, everything. You could feel very comfortable in this room.
I love looking for and shopping for antiques and the proprietress gave me some great suggestions of places to go.
We had a mishap with a cooler while we were there and her husband helped me as much as he could, even though he was on his way to work when he came out to see my predicament. I really appreciated him going out of his way to help me. Every day of our trip, I was really glad that we chose to stay there and I would recommend this place to anyone. We don't' travel often and we need to get the most and best quality for our money when we do. I can tell you, that I fell strongly that we got the best at Emma's!

The room was

Room Tip: If you can handle stairs, I recommend room 501. It is in a different building and very quiet. I am s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This B&B is tucked back just off the main drag of St. Marys on 4 acres -- what a beauty, and SO SO QUIET!! Delightful B&B run by Angie & Jimmy... VERY friendly, warm, genuinely Southern folks! Loved my room... w/very comfortable chairs & ottoman, bed, and a beautiful large soaking tub! So many nice rooms to choose from! Everything was clean every day w/clean towels. Bicycles provided free for riding around this safe seaside town! Owners are very friendly... breakfast was SO delicious (especially the French Toast)!! I needed a place to get away to that was relaxing & stress-free... and this was definitely the right place! I highly recommend staying here for a short or long visit... you will NOT regret it! :-D Looking forward to going back w/a friend in March!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SusanGoGo
Lanesboro, Minnesota
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Emma's the night before our trip to Cumberland Island. We were graciously upgraded to a beautiful and very comfortable room. The location was a short walk to the water front. Angie recommended several area restaurants for great local food. A charming home in a picturesque town.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PatT55949
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Recently spent a long week-end at St. Mary's, GA during the 2011 Shrimp Festival. We were fortunate enough to have found Emma's Bed and Breakfast at 300 West Conyers St., St. Mary's. No place could have been more enjoyable, clean, comfortable and convenient. The host and hostess (Jimmy, Angie, Ansley and all the staff) went out of their way to make sure our stay was perfect. The best thing about B&B is having a home away from home. This one certainly fit the bill. Have already made our reservations for next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wanda M
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Emma's for 3 nights on our way home from Florida. Very clean room, super nice and helpful innkeepers.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank ahjones84
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Recently stayed at Emma's as a quick weekend getaway. It was GREAT. The house is immaculate and beautifully decorated. It is the CLEANEST place I have ever been too, there wasn't even dust on the window sills! The back patio is great for relaxing. Very quiet and peaceful. B&B has bikes you can borrow which was a nice addition, we didn't drive anywhere the entire weekend. Innkeepers were great, food was good. Had fresh cupcakes waiting for us upon our arrival (and they were AMAZING!) I would definitely recommend this to anyone, we will for sure be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Chester, Georgia
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We wanted a quiet weekend away and I wanted to explore the old cemetery in St Marys which is just beautiful. The staff were friendly and helpful, our surroundings beautiful and comfortable. Breakfast were a great way to start the day. Langs is always our favorite seafood place, and on this trip we discovered Riverside Cafe and had a delicious lunch there as well. There was a small craft show on the main street and we got to see the Duck race. We didn't make it to Cumberland Island this time but there's always the next time not to far in the future!

Room Tip: We have only stayed in one room here (203)
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Mariners Suites
#15 of 21 in Kingsland
Best Western Plus Kingsland
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kingsland

Been to Emma’s Cottage House? Share your experiences!