Goodbread Inn Bed and Breakfast
Cumberland Island Inn & Suites(St. Marys)(Great Value!)
$79
BestWestern.com
$71
$89
$85
All reviewsgoodbread housecumberland islandother guestsupstairs porchoversized bathroombreakfast was deliciousfront porchrhett and scarlettwonderful cookwhipped creamperfect roomwalking distancelegacy tourcookiespleasure of stayingferry ticketsstayed here for two nights
Reviewed June 20, 2012

On our trip to Florida from our home in Pennsylvania, I wanted to find a quaint town to stopover. St. Mary's fit the bill. As we travel with our dog, we are limited where we can go. I found Goodbread Inn listed. What a treat!!! This house is like a dollhouse with the most incredible collection of memorabilia and gorgeous antiques. Our room was the Scarlett and Rhett suite. I cannot even begin to describe the incredible attention to detail and the absolute charm. In the living room, there was chilled wines, water, ice, homemade cake and snacks awaiting us. We were steps away from restaurants and a beautiful waterfront park and the boat to Cumberland island. Breakfast was delicious with blueberry pancakes covered with peach slices and mild sausage and a sliced strawberry. We enjoyed our stay immensely and recommend this gem to all. It was spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2012

There arent many choices in St Mary's and we only stayed at one, Goodbread B and B. I cant compare it to the other hotel/b and b's in St. Mary's, however, I would definitely not return to Goodbread. On a positive note, the staff are extremely helpful and considerate. No complaints there. However, I must agree with another reviewer. Our room had a bad odor, probably from pets having been in the room. We stayed in a room on the first floor. ZERO privacy. you could hear every word being said outside the room (hallway, kitchen , living room etc) and in the adjoining room. In fact, the bathroom had 2 doors, both locked. One door adjoined another room, which was occupied by another couple and the other locked door seperated our bathroom from the hallway.These were just wooden doors, with spaces especially at the bottom. Definitely not sound proof. (Nothing like having an "audience" when you have to use a toilet.).
Bed sheets were dark colored so I cant determine cleanliness,however they were worn.

While the B and B does have Wi-Fi, it is a VERY WEAK signal. I had to go into the living room to get a signal.

All in all, the negatives far outweigh the friendliness of the staff. Never again, at least by my reasonable, not high end, standards.

Room Tip: I viewed several rooms on the first floor. None appealing. Try the second floor if you have no other place to stay.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Goway
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Clean, great food, wonderful host. Overall a great stay. Not much I would change.

I think teapartygirl is way off-base with her assessment.

I'm very particular about cleanliness, noise, etc. and would definitely recommend Goodbread House.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JBlue80
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I recently stayed at this beautiful bed and breakfast while visiting the quaint city of St. Marys, Georgia for a wedding. The rooms are all tastefully decorated in themes of famous couples. I had the Lucy and Ricky room. Although, I could go on and on about how great the rooms and common areas of the Inn are, I will tell you about the breakfast. Mardja; the proprietor and hostess is full of southern charm. The breakfast started with a gorgeous and delicious yougurt, fruit and granola parfait, followed by a creamy and delightful sausage, cheese and grits dish served in a ramekin and a homemade cranberry bread, accompained by fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee. I will definetely stay at this bed and breakfast again with the large porch (on both floors) to sit on and watch the spanish moss sway in the oak trees in the yard. Did I mention that there is late afternoon/early evening complimentary wine and pastries? One of the most affordable bed and breakfasts that I have stayed in as well. 5 STARS for this establishment.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Goodbread Inn was my first experience with a Bed&Breakfast. I took my 16 year old son and his girlfriend last year and we all had a wonderful experience. Got home and absolutely raved about it to my sister who had also never been to a B&B. We recently took a girls' weekend and she was as equally impressed. Mardja, the owner of this beautiful old home, makes you feel right at home the moment you walk in the door. The parlor is beautifully furnished with antiques. I told my son and his girlfriend last year, "Don't touch, don't sit, just stand here in the middle of the room." But Mardja said, "This is yours while you're here; feel free to come in, relax and enjoy the refreshments and snacks. Our rooms were wonderful; like a picture out of a magazine. There is a front porch downstairs and a balcony upstairs that just make you want to sit and watch life go by. It was like stepping back in time to a simpler, friendlier time. Mardja is more than accommodating; she really makes your stay most enjoyable and makes you feel special and I happen to enjoy feeling like someone thinks I'm special. The food was great, the rooms were great, the ambiance was great, the service was great; the people were great. I wish she'd just ask me to move in...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends