“fine place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Middlesboro
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We spent one night here on our way home from Lexington KY. Our room was clean and large, and had a microwave and a little refrigerator. It was in the back of the motel and was very quiet. The staff was always helpful and pleasant, and the breakfast was good. There was a machine that made pancakes, which was something different. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kim W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Virginiatravel1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. I am pleased that you found our rooms to be clean, large and quiet. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful staff who truly cares about all of our guests. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

the rooms were lovely, well maintained with doors that were thick to block
lots of kids noises in the hall...i dont find that often enough. the location was great too,
lots of restaurants nearby..their breakfastss were great!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Kim W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We love getting feedback from our guests. I am so glad that you found our hotel to be so well maintained, and that the doors kept the noise out. We are fortunate that our doors are thick. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast as we recently added several new options. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. I hope you have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night to attend a graduation. The stay was effortless, room was clean & the only hotel who has EVER given me the choice with my priority rewards, did I want a goodie bag or extra points. I loved having the power to choose.
Only suggestion would be for the breakfast, seems the "cook" couldn't keep up with the biscuits, eggs & cinnamon rolls. Had to wait 2 times on her refills to get my first & only batch of eggs. Other than that, I'd rate this as wonderful as our stay at the holiday inn express on South Padre Island.
Good job folks!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Angie M
Kim W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear AngieM,

We are so pleased that you found our hotel to be effortless and clean. We are also happy that our guests now get a choice on the IHG Rewards Club welcome amenity gift. I appreciate your feedback about breakfast and I am sincerely sorry that you had to wait. We will work to remedy that situation. Again, thank you for your feedback; we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was a standard Holiday Inn Express with above average staff. They were very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and the beds were comfy, although our air conditioner was noisy. There are chain restaurants all around the hotel, but we found Ryan's to be a "do not recommend" - dirty and less than lukewarm food.

Room Tip: Had a really loud air conditioner in room 518. Prefer the back side of the hotel for less noise, bu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Virginia,

Our staff works very hard to ensure that every guests has a wonderful experience. I am so glad to hear that you found that to be true. I apologize that your air conditioner was noisy. In the future if you have any concerns please feel free to let the front desk know, we will do our best to fix the situation. Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate it.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This hotel is next door to a Ryan's Buffett where I had a meeting that I could just walk to. I had a King room with couch, coffee table, refrigerator, microwave. The room was very well kept up -looked almost new. The bathtub has jacuzzi jets that I didn't notice until the next morning in the shower so, if you like them, that's a pleasant surprise. My room was on the street facing side and was VERY noisy.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Kim W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey we value your feedback. We are happy that you were so pleased with your room. I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff. I am sorry that the road noise distrubed you. On your next visit we would be happy to give you ear plugs or a white noise machine. Again thank you, we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I chose to stay at this hotel for an interview a LMU. The receptionist was nice and the place was clean. The breakfast was pretty nice and worth waking up to eat. There is a Walmart directly across the street which is convent for picking up last minute items. Its not even 10 minutes from the LMU campus. According to other candidates I interviewed with, this hotel was the better one to chose out of the other two that I could have chosen for my stay. I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Taylorj849, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Bljohn,

Thank you for your fantastic review! We are so glad that you found our hotel to be clean, and that our breakfast was so impressive. In April we are expanding our breakfast menu; it will include a yogurt bar, turkey sausage and several other items that we are excited about. Thank you again for your feedback. We wish you the best in your future endeavors. Kim

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My sister had an interview at LMU and there was only 2 hotels in the area so we choose this Holiday Inn. I was pleasantly surprised that this hotel was up to date!! Clean rooms and nice little gym to workout in!!! Breakfast was average cont. style but there was restaurants near by!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so pleased that you found it satisfactory. Come see us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlesboro
Sleep Inn & Suites Middlesboro
Cumberland Gap Inn
Cumberland Gap Inn
#2 of 2 in Cumberland Gap
The Olde Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro? Share your experiences!