Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Woodlake Lodge(Tazewell)
View Hotel
All reviewscumberland gaproom was cleandefinitely stay here againfront desk staffcomfortable pillowsplenty of foodhotel employeesnice surprisefamily membersin townholiday weekendmicrowave and mini fridgegreat night sleepbreakfast buffetnight managergreat breakfastfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our family has been using this motel for several years off and on depending on where the reunion is-this year, all of the sudden, no music could be played. They said absolutely not despite the fact that almost 20 rooms (2,000 dollars a night) were being booked by our family. With that aside, the projector you see on thier website meeting room could not be found, there was no DVD player available for the family slide show-the hotel staff seemed very unfriendly on the phone in regards to the reunion stay-it is a shame really-our family agreed at the meeting to never have the reunion here again. On a positive note, the pool was great and the air conditioning was not broken!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear JenD,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your family's visit to our hotel. I appreciate all feedback and attempt to learn from our guest comments.

I do understand your frustration regarding the perceived change in hotel policy. Unfortunately, we have found in the past that any loud activities in the meeting room are disruptive to our other guest. Therefore we do not allow any activities which could supersede our noise standards.

The overhead projector mentioned on our web page is only for projecting documents. However, your reference to a dvd player is a wonderful idea and we will have to check into getting one.

I am sorry you found our staff lacking in friendliness. The staff takes great pride in the Holiday Inn Express being a warm and welcoming hotel. I am addressing your comments with all the staff today so we may discern what actions we may have taken which seemed uncaring.

I hope you do come to our hotel again in the future and allow us the opportunity to correct your impression of us.

Joy Taylor, GM

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Outstanding staff, cleanliness, comfort and value! This is the best hotel I've stayed at, in this price range, in a long time (and I travel frequently). The entire hotel was very clean. The variety, and quality of breakfast food was a pleasant surprise. The staff was very kind and even accommodated my family by allowing a 1:00 check out time, which solved a major issue with my travel plans. I now have an idea of what "southern hospitality" looks like! If I ever pass through there again, I will definitely stay at that Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Laura,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We love hearing from our guest and we hope you come back soon.

Joy

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Check in was friendly and helpful. Got to my room and the air conditioner was very loud. Called to the desk and indicated I wanted to move. A few minutes later the desk agent brought me a key to a new room. Excellent so far.

I go out for a meeting and return for the night and discover that the deadbolt is misaligned and and won't lock. I can deal with that -- I don't want to change rooms again and there is a privacy lock.

Bed is comfortable, water pressure is good, etc.

Wake up the next morning to find a small bug walking on the night stand.
I kill it but decide to bring it to the attention of the hotel, along with the lock problem.

Talk to the desk agent about the bug and the lock and the only response is "I'll let maintenance know about the lock."

I'm not looking for much, but a somewhat more concerned response from the staff would have been nice.

Unfortunately, this wasn't a Hampton where the 100% satisfaction guarantee would have gotten me a refund.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms don't face face the parking lot and road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

I am so very sorry for the problem you experienced during your visit to our hotel. I can assure you the response you received from the staff at check-out is not the norm, nor is it acceptable to me. I appreciate your bringing this to my attention and I fully intend to address this issue with the staff immediately.
I hope you will return to our hotel again and allow me the opportunity to apologize in person tor our failure.

Joy Taylor

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We selected the Holiday Inn Express in Middlesboro because of its Tripadvisor ratings for cleanliness. They were right. Sparkling and fresh. The location was a plus. Right in the heart of what we wanted to see and do. The staff was very helpful for dining suggestions and how to best spend our limited time in the area. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you. What a great compliment. We are so glad you chose the Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro for your lodging needs and we hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I were in the area for a funeral. At check-in we were given a special bereavement rate which was appreciated. It is wonderful when businesses take into consideration that people do have extra expenses which are not always expected.
The staff met our every need and went out of their way to accommodate us. At times of sadness, no one wants added hassles.
The breakfast served was BY FAR the best we have ever had while traveling. My favorite was the scrambled eggs. I would love to have the recipe, do you share? ;) Breakfast area very was very clean, well stocked, and conveniently arranged.
Bed, pillows and sheets were fresh and very comfortable and there was plenty of towels and washcloths.
Check-in and check-out: easy and convenient.
All staff members were very kind and friendly.
We had NO complaints what-so-ever and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

We appreciate your kind comments regarding your visit to our area. We are very sorry for the loss you suffered and glad we could offer you a warm and welcoming place to stay during your trip to our town. We hope you can come again under different circumstances.