“Excellent”

Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Middlesboro
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Outstanding staff, cleanliness, comfort and value! This is the best hotel I've stayed at, in this price range, in a long time (and I travel frequently). The entire hotel was very clean. The variety, and quality of breakfast food was a pleasant surprise. The staff was very kind and even accommodated my family by allowing a 1:00 check out time, which solved a major issue with my travel plans. I now have an idea of what "southern hospitality" looks like! If I ever pass through there again, I will definitely stay at that Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Laura,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We love hearing from our guest and we hope you come back soon.

Joy

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Check in was friendly and helpful. Got to my room and the air conditioner was very loud. Called to the desk and indicated I wanted to move. A few minutes later the desk agent brought me a key to a new room. Excellent so far.

I go out for a meeting and return for the night and discover that the deadbolt is misaligned and and won't lock. I can deal with that -- I don't want to change rooms again and there is a privacy lock.

Bed is comfortable, water pressure is good, etc.

Wake up the next morning to find a small bug walking on the night stand.
I kill it but decide to bring it to the attention of the hotel, along with the lock problem.

Talk to the desk agent about the bug and the lock and the only response is "I'll let maintenance know about the lock."

I'm not looking for much, but a somewhat more concerned response from the staff would have been nice.

Unfortunately, this wasn't a Hampton where the 100% satisfaction guarantee would have gotten me a refund.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms don't face face the parking lot and road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

I am so very sorry for the problem you experienced during your visit to our hotel. I can assure you the response you received from the staff at check-out is not the norm, nor is it acceptable to me. I appreciate your bringing this to my attention and I fully intend to address this issue with the staff immediately.
I hope you will return to our hotel again and allow me the opportunity to apologize in person tor our failure.

Joy Taylor

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We selected the Holiday Inn Express in Middlesboro because of its Tripadvisor ratings for cleanliness. They were right. Sparkling and fresh. The location was a plus. Right in the heart of what we wanted to see and do. The staff was very helpful for dining suggestions and how to best spend our limited time in the area. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you. What a great compliment. We are so glad you chose the Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro for your lodging needs and we hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I were in the area for a funeral. At check-in we were given a special bereavement rate which was appreciated. It is wonderful when businesses take into consideration that people do have extra expenses which are not always expected.
The staff met our every need and went out of their way to accommodate us. At times of sadness, no one wants added hassles.
The breakfast served was BY FAR the best we have ever had while traveling. My favorite was the scrambled eggs. I would love to have the recipe, do you share? ;) Breakfast area very was very clean, well stocked, and conveniently arranged.
Bed, pillows and sheets were fresh and very comfortable and there was plenty of towels and washcloths.
Check-in and check-out: easy and convenient.
All staff members were very kind and friendly.
We had NO complaints what-so-ever and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

We appreciate your kind comments regarding your visit to our area. We are very sorry for the loss you suffered and glad we could offer you a warm and welcoming place to stay during your trip to our town. We hope you can come again under different circumstances.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Needed a room last minute, friendly overnight staff. Friendly morning staff. Clean lobby, halls, rooms. Soft bed, pillows and sheets. Very peacefully, rooms smelled fresh. Fresh cooked breakfast, milk, juice. Would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thanks roadweazel, we certainly appreciate your kind words. We always love hearing from our guest. We hope you stop in again when you are in town.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times when traveling from MI. Our rooms are always great. Clean, great free breakfast, clean pool, nice location, but best of all always wonderful staff. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for your nice comments, we are always happy to have you as our guest. And we look forward to your return visit.
Joy

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Was a guest here in early December, 2012. No matter how you slice the cake, this hotel is not worth the asking price. The owners are merely gouging customers because so few hotels are available. The rooms are no more clean than other hotels where hotels are plentiful(Sleep Inn, Super 8, and Days Inn). I Stayed in a Days Inn at Deming, New Mexico and the price was a bit over $54.00. It was rather new, clean, great staff, better parking, etc, etc, etc. In short, a clever rip off, especially for a area that is impoverished.

Room Tip: No ideal room location. Hotel is located at the edge of a hill.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hugh b
Taylorj849, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you hughb, for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. We rely on our guests' opinions to improve our hotel. We do understand that hotel room prices vary greatly around the country. But I assure you, while our prices seem high compared to some regions, we are actually a mid-priced hotel for this area. And the cost includes a great hot breakfast bar, free wi-fi, and free parking. We hope you will visit us again in the future and allow us to show you how great a stay at the Holiday Inn Express can be.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlesboro
Sleep Inn & Suites Middlesboro
#2 of 2 in Cumberland Gap
Tazewell Motor Lodge
Tazewell Motor Lodge
#1 of 4 in Tazewell

Been to Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro? Share your experiences!