“Very Disappointed”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Middlesboro
Harrogate
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

When I went to check in at the Days Inn the clerk gave me a keycard and I went to my room and the keycard did not work nor did it do anything. I went back and told the clerk it did not work and because nothing lit up on the door whatsoever red or green, I believed it was the door that was the issue, not the card. Instead of giving us a different room he told me to try this other card on that room first. When I went back and tried it did not work either. I went for a third time to the clerk and the office was locked and no one was inside. I rang the bell for service and no one came. Finally after a few minutes I see the clerk pulling into a better parking spot than he had. Knowing that my key would most likely not work and I would be needing further assistance, he left, walked across the parking and moved his car to snag a better spot. Meanwhile I stood outside of the office with no access to the room I had checked into, waiting and hoping that he would return since there was no sign or indication that he would be back. When we finally checked into the room it was very run-down and smelled of stale smoke. The whole property was in this kind of shape. Also, when we went for continental breakfast in the morning all that was there was a single end piece of an English muffin and cereal, although there were not any bowls to eat it in. It was not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I, along with our 11 month old child stayed at this hotel in May of 2013. Upon entering the room a musty, mold smell was very strong and my wife found hair on the bed sheet. My brother an sister in law had a connecting room and less than 30 minutes after arrival a cascade of water could be seen and heard coming from the vent in their bathroom, from what appeared to be the room above. The staff was quick to come to the room and offer another room but it was clear that the condition of the rooms at this particular hotel were not in good condition. I would not stay at this hotel again if going to Middleboro nor would I recommend it to any one else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TNLEGALBEAGLE

Travelers are raving about these Middlesboro hotels

Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We pulled back the top blanket & the next blanket had hair on it - both sides?! The sheets were clean. I pulled them up to look under & the blanket under the sheet had hair on it as well both sides?! Thankfully no bugs but this was the nastiest hotel I have ever stayed in!!

The shower had issues where only part of water would come out shower head and rest still ran into tub. The little button you push in would pop out and water would stop running though head and start filling tub. you would have to cont to push it in to finish your shower.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Rooms were nasty & shower didn't work correctly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mc Kee
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The rooms were terrible! Mold was everywhere!!The beds had trash behind them. The shower ran hot water then cold water. The wallpaper was peeling. One drawer in the chest didnt even have a bottom in it. Boooooo to you Days Inn Middlesboro!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlesboro
Sleep Inn & Suites Middlesboro
Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro
Cumberland Gap Inn
Cumberland Gap Inn
#2 of 2 in Cumberland Gap

Been to Days Inn Middlesboro KY? Share your experiences!