“Too bad we went here second...”
Review of La Esperanza

La Esperanza
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Middlesboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The other highly rated Mexican restaurant in Middlesboro. We ended up at the location in the strip mall on 25. The staff is very friendly "Hola, amigo!" was sent to my five year old as he led us in.

The seating is on the plain side - our booth had seen better days, but nothing to put a damper on the meal. The menu is good sized, and I landed on an enchilada suizas. The food arrived fairly quickly, and it was pretty good. Waters were kept full, and the staff checked in appropriately.

Really, the only problem I had with La Esperanza is that it isn't Pelanchos. The two are right down the street from each other, but the food and salsa are so much better. This isn't a bad option, it's just there is a better option right there.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The food's not bad but their salsa is not up to par for me. Too thin and watery. More like a picante sauce.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Very nice staff and good prices on food. There are 2 locations in Middlesboro. I prefer the one on Cumberland Avenue best. All the food is good. I usually get something different every time! Really good place!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Eaten at La Esperanza many times on my way down to TN. I have never been disappointed in the food or service. Always greeted with an "hola amigo" when i walk through the door.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant for years, and it is still one of my favorites. I have to admit, the personality of the workers have gone down over time. They used to teach you a few Spanish words and converse more. But they are still friendly, and make consistent updates to their restaurant.

I just wish they would update the restrooms!