“Great atmosphere, Fast service!”
Review of Pelancho's

Pelancho's
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Middlesboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My family and I had a late lunch here after visiting Cumberland Gap Nat'l Park. The food were delicious and service was outstanding! The waiter was attentive and service was fast! The atmosphere was wonderful. I appreciate the decor. I love how they have paintings on the booth and seats. I highly recommend this place and will definitely be back to eat here when we go back to KY!

There are newer reviews for Pelancho's

Reviewed November 8, 2013

In town to do Cumberland Gap Nat'l Park as part of our road trip and ya gotta eat. We were hungry for Mexican & luckily Pelanchos was ranked high on Tripdvisor. very cheery décor, loved the carved wooden chairs & booth backboards. Got waited on immediately, ordered beverages & a generous bowl of nacho chips & a cruet of delicious spicy salsa plus two small bowls were delivered promptly. I had their carnitas dinner (4 generous hunks of pork with rice & refried beans, 3 warm tortillas, lettuce, green peppers, jalepenos, & avocado) & my husband had a chicken chimichanga with a white sauce with same sides as mine plus some pico. The food was delicious & we were stuffed. Drink refills came without even asking. Our waiter was very attentive. Out tab was only $22 - I guess there's something to be said for being in a "dry" County. Luckily we read this in a review & had our cocktails in our hotel room before coming to eat.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

On our way to Ohio we decided to spend the night in Middlesboro KY to visit the Cumberland Fap National Park. Checking Trip Advisor we selected Pelancho's for dinner. Thank you Trip Advisor!

We were immediately impressed with the beautiful Mexican-themed dining areas. Beautiful carvings. The food was above average, perhaps "very good". The service was attentive and pleasant. The English-speaking cashier was a pleasant surprise! The beef in the tacos could use a little seasoning but other than that, we had no complaints.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Me and the wife stopped in for dinner on our way home. Seated quickly, drinks ordered and chips/salsa brought to table. Everything was done quick, tasted good. Little small on the portions compared to other Mexican restaurant's we have been too. Will be back if back in the area

1  Thank Roadsofa
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I walked into Pelancho's following a long, hot day hiking around Cumberland Gap. We were hot and tired, and desperate for a good meal before calling it a day. Pelancho's had been recommended by a few of the locals, so we took a chance. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere is bright and festive; however, the music is not intrusive and the place remains fairly quiet and relaxed. Our server could not have been more attentive. We had salsa and chips within minutes of being seated. The salsa is quite good, and the chips were crisp, fresh and not greasy. We were mildly disappointed when we learned that we couldn't order a cold beer; however, Middlesboro and surrounding areas are "dry" ; therefore, tea and coke were the next best things. Our glasses never reached half-full before our server arrived for the refills. The menu is extensive, so there appears to be something to meet every taste. I opted for the fajitas. My husband went for the carne asada, and we split a quesadilla as an appetizer. The portions are very generous, and the food was quite good and served piping hot. We were very pleased with the quality and quantity of food--at a very reasonable price, by the way. We left stuffed, but happy. I would go back without hesitation.

1  Thank TnTraveler508