“Great place for wildlife viewing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hereford
Ramsey Canyon Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Hereford B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed three days at RCI. The rooms are comfortable, quiet, well maintained, and the breakfasts are "over the top" good. Baked pie every PM helped also.
There are plenty of outdoor activities available in Ramsey Canyon, and other attractions are just a short drive away. Hummingbirds and other birds are plentiful.
We are already planning another trip.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tecolate
There are newer reviews for Ramsey Canyon Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed June 18, 2010

My husband and I spent our 20th anniversary at Ramsey Canyon Inn, it is a magical place. The rooms are exquisite, the breakfast is amazing and the pies, well, I don't think there is a word to describe the pies. If you think your mom or grandma made the best pies wait until you try Shirlene's pies. We loved the canyon with all of the wildlife, especially the hummingbirds. There is a feeder on the window at the breakfast table and Shirlene calls off the hummers visiting the feeder while you are eating a superb breakfast. I read one of the earlier reviews and I have to say the Inn is in excellent shape, it is almost like brand new, there is plenty of lighting in the front of the B & B and Shirlene is the perfect hostess.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank faccio
Reviewed May 18, 2010

My fiancee Michelle and I stayed in one of the cross-creek duplexes, where we cannot (unless by invite) partake of the breakfasts but can still sample those yummy pies. I absolutely recommend the duplexes, as we "did our own thing" with no thought as to time or place. We just relaxed, hiked, ate, napped and repeated for 8 luxurious days. Yes, the duplexes might come across as a tad spartan, but I am quite acceptable of the comfort and privacy available at the bed and breakfast. Contrary to any poster who has said the hosts were "rude," I have always found them cheery, helpful and eager to please. If I only knew more about the B+B business and had the available funds, I would buy this place in a heartbeat. Absolutely worth the trip, and can't wait until Michelle and I can make the trip again! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarkN66
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Just returned from a birding weekend at Ramsey Canyon. We'd booked the b&b a month or two ago, so I was a little worried when I saw the most recent reviews. What a relief to find that this gem is still just what I'd read about in earlier reviews.
The location of the inn is perfect for anyone planning to visit Ramsey Canyon-it's literally feet away from the entrance. The inn has a beautiful & cozy living room to hang out in and watch hummingbirds from its many windows. The bedrooms are good-sized with very comfortable beds. (We stayed in the Magnificent room-which turned out to be our favorite hummingbird as well.) Our hostess , Shirlene, was lovely and welcoming. She serves a family style breakfast at a long table with a hummingbird feeder just outside the window. One can eat and watch hummingbirds at the same time. We saw seven species there during our two day stay.
Many of the other, more experienced birders have stayed there two or three times-and one set of friends were there for the sixth time.

Our only disappointment was that we didn't see an elegant trogon, but I guess even Shirlene couldn't provide that!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank elaine d
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I would never stay at this place ever again. The owner is very rude!!! Stay clear of this place

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gagirl34
Reviewed March 18, 2010

It's a beautiful location and the wild birds and pies are fabulous. Breakfasts are ok but nothing special by B&B standards. Our room (Anna's) was clean and comfortable with a good bed, but details (e.g., toilet, locks) needed attention. The place is for sale and one senses that the caretaker and service staff would rather be doing something else. One hopes that a new owner will put some money into some renovations, including a few lights at the entrance so you don't take your life in your hands when approaching after dark.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I am beyond pleased with our wonderful stay at this fabulous retreat tucked away in the cool canyon. After taking an amazing photo of a hummingbird within 5 min of my arrival, I decided I needed to become a "birder"; I couldn't get enough; birds and deer were everywhere! We booked 2 rooms with kitchettes, prepared our own meals and bbq'd out by the picnic table. We felt like teen agers again: singing songs, telling stories under the stars, fixing hair and giggling. It was the best "girls' night" ever! After sipping Susan's special fruity drinks, it was a delight that nobody had to drive home! We will DEFINATELY do this again! The owner was super-nice and even had a birthday cake waiting for one of the ladies. My friend's son is getting married there also so it looks like this may be a new hot spot for me. Two thumbs up, for sure.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank LynnSierraVista_Az
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hereford
Sierra Suites
#8 of 11 in Bisbee
Tombstone Monument Ranch
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#2 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Ramsey Canyon Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!