“Good food, awful staff”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Silver City, New Mexico
“Good food, awful staff”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We took a friend out to dinner at Mimosa. We went early because we wanted to sit by the windows and enjoy the view. The hostess would not seat us near them because a large party had reservations and wanted the windows. She offered us the outside, not noticing that it was 60 degrees outside and our friend was bald from chemo. We only had 4 people so they would not take a reservation from us. We had to get a little assertive not to get stuck sitting right next to the only other people in the entire room -- we did not want to hear their conversation. Almost 2 HOURS later, as we were paying our bill, the large party had not arrived and the table we wanted (specifically asked for when we arrived) was not even part of the party set-up. We were really peeved that the staff was such a collections of morons. We got to spend much of the evening staring at the empty table we had requested. At least they did not add insult to injury and seat someone else there.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank GretchenNM

Tucson, Arizona
“Enjoyed our lunch”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have wanted to try Pizzeria Mimosa for a long time. But, I either passed the restuarant on my way to Sierra Vista, usually too early for lunch, or on my way home, too early for dinner! But, I was lucky and the timing was perfect for lunch on Wednesday. The restaurant offers a great luncheon special for $12. A sampler of appetizer, salad, entree & desert. There is a selection of 3 under each category. Although tempting, I wasn't in the mood for desert. So, DH & I split a Verdure pizza and a Pompei pannini. They were both very good, but the pizza was the best. Of course, at $14 for a 12" pizza (no salad included), it should be yum. We also got a separate side salad - the pannini came with a small salad. The dressing was quite good. I would recommend Pizzeria Mimosa for everyone, and thankfully there are many vegetarian options. I was disappointed in the service, however. Although DH got his beer, I had to go find our server to ask that my wine be served. Even after I requested, it took another 5 minutes to receive it. No apology from our server either. It's the small things that set off good from excellent.

• Visited October 2013
Tucson
“Great food with a relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was greeted with a smile and shown to my table by a thoughtful young lady. I ordered a calzone, not really knowing what to expect since this was my first trip there. While I waited, a pleasant toasted bread with dipping sauce was a welcome treat. The calzone arrived after a short wait. Wow, it looked yummy and was a huge masterpiece; very flavorful and filling. Of course I had to ask for a box. I really enjoyed my meal and will certainly go back for another run.

Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Needs a little more flavor”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had high hopes, but my pizza choice was slightly disappointing. I had pizza Eliseo, but the flavors were a bit bland. Needs a different cheese combo on it. I find Mozzarella a bit boring in this day of wonderful cheeses. Plus, I chose a glass of their GL Principato Cab/merlot and it was C-. It had an alright start but an extremely rough finish. Left a bad taste in the mouth. I should have sent it back. I did tell the owner he should look into finding a new house wine.

• Visited October 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“SOOOOO GOOD!!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Whenever we stay at Casa San Pedro we eat out at dinner time.Carl and Patrick at the Casa suggested we try Mimosa and we go back there everytime we stay at the Casa.The service has always been very good and the food wonderful!The menu is varied with great appetizers and fabulous gnocchi-yummy! I highly recommend this restaurant whenever you might be in the area!

• Visited September 2013