“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fruita
Dairyland, USA
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Surprised at the cost of lodging in this area, although it was the end of summer. Hotel was very conveniently located. Even ran to the truck stop next door for late night cold meds. Area was clean, safe and lose to town. Used the laundry but not other amenities. Staff in breakfast room snapped at us as we entered saying they were closed. This could have been easily fixed by closing the door so there wasn't access to food that was still set up. Front desk had trouble getting keys made and commented that the reader was old and finicky. Beds were doubles, not queens, but we rented thru Hotwire at a reduced rate, so not surprised.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank w0rkt0travel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Room 309, King, N/S

First the good: Location near I-70 yet quiet, grounds attractive, very close to
restaurants (Including an excellent Mexican place), close to Colorado Nat. Monument,
decent views from some rooms, room was large and had a good bed.

The less than good ( and not what we expect at LaQuinta): on arrival at 5:30 pm
had to wait a short time for room to be ready (we had a reservation) then found that about
a third of the third floor rooms were still in some state of being cleaned.Our room had
one wastebasket full of fast food trash, it had not been vacuumed behind the reclining chair,
there was obvious mold in one corner of the grout/caulk joint between the tub and shower,
no screen in window(consequently many tiny dead bugs on window sill), the windows needed
washing (esp. noticeable when trying to see sunset), the tv was a small
ancient "fat" type, and furniture was worn. Also noticeable in the hall was a need for vacuuming
and replacement of the carpet, esp. on 2nd floor. Breakfast was also below par in that there
were no prepared hot dish(s), no hard boiled eggs, no bananas(saw old/all brown bananas in
pantry) and the tile floor by food service area was sticky.

All in all, a disappointing stay; very glad it was a short stay. This place needs much better
housekeeping.

Room Tip: west side for sunset and partial view of Colorado Nat. Mounument
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davontheroad
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed one night when passing thru. We got a great discount.... I woul stay again. There's even a McDonald's in front....:) the only complaint I have is you have to leave a $50 deposit to pay cash? I know this is not unusual but I think it's ridiculous...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Comfortable and clean. Breakfast was average. Staff helpful and friendly. Next door to the Dinosaur Museum. Even though we didn't have time to go, we heard it was interesting and had some things for the kids.

Room Tip: Across from a truck stop so ask for a room opposite. With that request we had a quiet night even tho...
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The beds were comfortable, room was clean, bathroom was a little dirty, friendly staff, my dad really enjoyed the coffee. Right next to the dino museum (hopefully we willl have time to enjoy that next time.)

Room Tip: My dad made a joke that their back door was broken when he passed through over a month prior, it was...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I came across the La Quinta in Fruita by accident. I'm glad I did. It was cheaper than the one in Grand Junction, which was nice since we were just traveling through on the way to a funeral and it didn't matter which we went to. On a whim I asked if we could get the equivalent of a "bereavement fare" and to my surprise we were able to get a discount. The hotel was clean and the rooms were bigger than I expected. The beds were comfortable, but be aware that they're only double beds, not queens. My daughter loved their citrus soap and shampoo, although I wish they would have also had conditioner. Our room had a microwave and small fridge. The one minor problem we had was that we were traveling with five and needed a roll-away bed. I had expected it to be in the room already, but we had to wait to go anywhere until it was delivered. (That's another nice thing about La Quinta--we didn't have to pay extra for the 4th adult like a lot of other chains). The pool was really small and wasn't deeper than four feet. If you're looking for a pool to swim laps, forget it. But for us it was nice since I had my two adult autistic sons with us and they were able to walk around in it without me having to worry. The hotel is pet-friendly, and we heard a yip or two as a dog was coming in (I'm assuming), but other than that it was quiet. The complimentary continental breakfast was what you would expect. A fairly good variety, although the breakfast room was quite small and we had to split up since there were no tables big enough for our family of five. I thought it was a great value and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Pool and exercise room are on the north end, so if you want to use them try to get a room on the nor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fruita
Comfort Inn Fruita
Clarion Inn Grand Junction
Clarion Inn Grand Junction
#6 of 28 in Grand Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#11 of 28 in Grand Junction
Hampton Inn Grand Junction
Hampton Inn Grand Junction
#4 of 28 in Grand Junction

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fruita? Share your experiences!